Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 6th, 2020, 11:27 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
The Book of Venom (Eddie Brock) (II)

The Book of Venom (Eddie Brock) (II)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 34
WEB OF VENOM

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Sinister set.
Its model number and name are #218 / Venom.

Character Bio - After establishing a tenuous truce with Spider-Man, Venom left New York for his hometown of San Francisco. There, he became the self-appointed protector of the homeless population, doling out his own lethal brand of justice.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Ronin
  • Second playtest: Arch-vile
  • Third playtest: Dr. Jekyll
  • Fourth playtest: MrNobody
  • Fifth playtest (after change from Unstoppable Resilience to Resilience): tcglkn
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by Soundwarp SG-1
  • Venom created by David Michelinie and Todd McFarlane
  • Comic art by Mark Bagley

Last edited by Splash; August 6th, 2022 at 12:32 AM. Reason: png
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Venom (Eddie Brock) (II) (Design)

NAME = VENOM
SECRET IDENTITY = EDDIE BROCK

SPECIES = SYMBIOTE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VAGABOND
PERSONALITY = SELF-RIGHTEOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = 240

SYMBIOTE CLAMBER
Once per turn, before, during or after Venom's normal movement, you may place Venom on any empty space within 2 spaces of his current location that is no more than 40 levels up or down. Venom will take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with this special power. If Venom is placed adjacent to an enemy figure that he was not engaged with at the start of his turn, that figure rolls 1 fewer die when defending against Venom's normal attack this turn.

RESILIENCE
If Venom would receive one or more wounds from an enemy figure's attack, special power, or leaving engagement attack, ignore one of those wounds.

LETHAL PROTECTOR
After an enemy figure adjacent to Venom attacks any figure you control other than Venom, you may roll an unblockable attack die against that enemy figure.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by Ronin; September 15th, 2020 at 08:19 PM.
Symbiotic

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Grungy urban vibe for sure. Crappy alleyways or abandoned warehouses or what have you. Pretty much anything that looks like it could have been a set for the first TMNT live-action movie works.

Last edited by Ronin; March 8th, 2020 at 01:08 PM.
Old March 6th, 2020, 11:41 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Completely dropping range? Interesting, but seems like it makes sense.
Old March 6th, 2020, 11:45 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I like it. Lethal Protector would be great paired with a Daring Decoy figure, but I don't think there's an easy way to make that happen.
Old March 7th, 2020, 02:50 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I know Dare Devil went to San Fran for a while, and the X-men had their island right off the coast there, did he get any cross-over stories with them in San Fran?
Old March 7th, 2020, 09:42 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Completely dropping range? Interesting, but seems like it makes sense.
Yeah, I think it just simplifies things, and he really wants to be engaged anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I know Dare Devil went to San Fran for a while, and the X-men had their island right off the coast there, did he get any cross-over stories with them in San Fran?
He didn't overlap with Daredevil or the X-Men in San Fran. Venom was hanging out there in the early/mid 90s, while DD and the X-Men were out there in the 2000s/2010s.

Punisher, Juggernaut, and Morbius all showed up in San Fran while Venom was living there and guest starred in the early 90s Venom run, though. ("Too many guest stars" was actually a bit of a problem)
Old March 7th, 2020, 09:52 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I like it. Lethal Protector would be great paired with a Daring Decoy figure, but I don't think there's an easy way to make that happen.
Yeah, he can't directly bond with any Decoys. Definitely still a worthwhile pairing to explore in generalist armies, though.
Old March 7th, 2020, 10:10 AM
Symbiotic

Oh, a quick note on the mini plans here: we were originally planning on using the Nano Metal Fig, but a lot of that was because it was a bit bulkier than the Clix minis and that was helpful for the "intimidating medium 5 figures" thing that we had in the write-up at the time. So we're not totally locked into that, but it's still an option.

I'll take pictures of a few options and we can figure out which one we want.
Old March 7th, 2020, 10:45 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I do miss the "height intimidation" stuff because that's fun flavor, but it's probably the easiest fluff to cut. Kill your darlings...

I'd probably go with something to capture the theme of the first power a bit more, name-wise. Symbiote Sneak Attack? Symbiote Pounce? Since it's more than just straight up movement.

He's been hashed out pretty thoroughly so I'm pretty much fine with him as-is.
Old March 7th, 2020, 12:34 PM
Symbiotic

Yeah, I'm not too set on the name. I mulled it over for a bit, but I didn't have anything I really liked there. Honestly not sure "Symbiote _____" is a winning formula there. Pretty much anything tacked onto that sounds a little clunky to me.

Oh, one little change I made from the version you pitched in the LCW was that I made it so that he does take LEAs.

Usually it won't matter since he's got Unstoppable Resilience, but it feels thematically right to me that he's relying on being able to tank stuff to break away, and characters that can hit him harder than he's expecting (like Mongul's Champion or Rocket (I)), or have some other disengage effect (like Warrior Engagement types) can catch him off-guard.
Old March 7th, 2020, 05:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I just learned what "clamber" means.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library