Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old March 13th, 2020, 01:32 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Smurf along with me: la la la-la la la!

Cool. I was planning on combining the Hextreme Heroscape Spreadsheet (Download) with the C3V & SoV Spreadsheet, Copy & Paste Abilities Index: Official, C3V, SoV, C3G Index, and HoSS Index to one massive Google Sheet, so this will help with your project as well.
Old March 13th, 2020, 03:16 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wondering if we can expect something similar to X-2 printer for these rectangle cards? Landscape letter sheet works well for 4 columns and two rows of cards with bleed. No pressure but it would be handy and I’ve saved all the C3G cards as pngs just in case.

Also If @Sporx has any spare time after his new promotion to C3Gs head proofreader I can say he’s been outstanding in that capacity for me and the C3G poker cards.

I didn’t have plans to create any cards outside C3G since keeping up with our 1300 cards is enough for me but I am interested in your cards for the rest.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 14th, 2020, 07:55 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

You should check the last page of my spreadsheet, the powers are all already in there, and power names separated from their text.

I could easily gather the 2 pages of my spreadsheet.

EDIT : Well then... I just made it. Ask if you see anything more missing from this sheet but I guess you should have every thing you need from Master Set 1 to latest C3V & SoV releases in there.

EDIT 2 : This database was initially made from GaryLasq web site. So Everything until wave 13/D3 should be perfectly ok. I added everything until then (i.e. VC releases) by hand, with caution. A check is always good but I am pretty confident.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; March 27th, 2020 at 12:24 PM.
Old March 30th, 2020, 01:39 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Any news about this ?

Hum... did I said something wrong ?

You motivated me to bring my sheet a step further in its completeness, smurphy, I am curious to see where is going your project now.

French Forum's admin.
Old April 11th, 2020, 11:59 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Any news about this ?

You motivated me to bring my sheet a step further in its completeness, smurphy, I am curious to see where is going your project now.
It was not you; @Xorlof is a busy man. And I would not be surprised if the pandemic crisis has impacted him more than some of us. He will check in again sooner or later.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 20th, 2020, 12:47 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Any news about this ?

@capsocrates was right. Covid just made things extra busy for a couple of months, and then I never got back to this project.

Thank you for the spreadsheet. It is hugely helpful!

I took your spreadsheet and (after undo-ing some recent bad edits made by anonymous people) I made a copy and started working with it. A big first step was to have Google Sheets compare all of the data in your spreadsheet with the data in the Hextreme v13.3 spreadsheet. The idea was to highlight cells where your data and Hextreme's differed and then manually check those cells against cards to see which is correct (as a kind of double-check against typos). Unfortunately, it looks like at least some of Hextreme's data is also based on GaryLASQ's so any error GaryLASQ might have made could show up in both. Even with that, the comparison has already been very successful. Doing it has corrected dozens and dozens of errors in one or the other spreadsheet--mostly minor things in the special power text (typos, missing punctuation, etc.), but there were a few bigger omissions and a few basic stats that needed corrections too.

If you want to correct your copy, here's the link to my work-in-progress card database with corrections I've made so far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing (Right now just Hasbro and VC cards. More to come later). If you look at that link, you'll see that columns have been added/removed/changed to suit my needs, so it won't be super straightforward to match it back up with your source sheet, but I did leave your ID column alone (no changes) so you could use that as a key to match up rows.

The comparison also revealed changes in a few bios. The most interesting was for Sir Denrick. Here are the differences between the two versions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Denrick Bios
Sir Denrick of Weston is founder and chapter master of the honorable Knights of Weston. Knighted by his king he swore a righteous oath to protect the weak, to uphold honor of oneself and others, and to punish those who would seek to harm or destroy either. To help him in this just and noble pursuit he recruited among the most valiant and loyal men.

A warrior of great power of arms and mind it was at the mouth of the River Lorie that he met defeat by the jealous lords of the land and a betrayer amongst his own ranks. Lost in his own petty desires of leading and angry jealousies of his chapter master, a once honorable knight named Sir Cristopher Hawthorne opened the gates of their battle fortress and lead led a besieging host to lay slaughter to the noble knights. It was at this moment of utter betrayal and defeat that the Valkyrie, Jandar, intervened, teleporting Sir Denrick and the remaining knights to the world of Valhalla.

In Valhalla, Sir Denrick vowed to selflessly regain the Knights of Weston honor that the traitorous Sir Cristopher Black Knight Sir Hawthorne had dirtied. In battle, Sir Denrick will zealously seek out the largest and most fearsome opponents in the enemy force defeating them with the skills gained from countless victories against these behemoths of battle.
I assume the referenced knight was called Sir C(h)ristopher prior to Sir Hawthorne's release and got changed afterwards. So I'm guessing the traitor was changed in the lore from referencing Chris Dupuis (@theGuru) to referencing Jerry Hawthorne (@Grungebob). Another example of an apparent change (not typo or error) in the bios is that Deadeye Dan's gun appears to be either a "Remington Rolling Block Carbine" or a ".50-90 Sharpshooter Buffalo rifle" depending on the source.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old July 21st, 2020, 09:03 AM
Marcel Marceau

Wow really nice work ! I found the bad edits and bring back my sheet to something correct.

I am really curious to check the differences you found. Thanks for keeping the ID column.
About base size I don't know if you noticed that I have a column with this data (the only one without text in the header), it should fill up what's missing for waves 18+.

French Forum's admin.
Old July 21st, 2020, 06:09 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Wow really nice work ! I found the bad edits and bring back my sheet to something correct.

I am really curious to check the differences you found. Thanks for keeping the ID column.
About base size I don't know if you noticed that I have a column with this data (the only one without text in the header), it should fill up what's missing for waves 18+.
That's great--I added in those missing base sizes. Thanks again!

I used conditional formatting to compare all of the data cells the two spreadsheets had in common. Most of the errors were minor. For example, small typos or missing periods. However, there were a couple of bigger errors (transposed stats, missing words, and such). It should be worth your time to re-import data from my sheet.

I'm not done editing it yet and there will be more changes, so I'm not sure if you want to re-import data yet. I will be sure to keep the ID column to make it easy to do future re-imports.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old July 22nd, 2020, 09:47 AM
Marcel Marceau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
I used conditional formatting to compare all of the data cells the two spreadsheets had in common. Most of the errors were minor. For example, small typos or missing periods. However, there were a couple of bigger errors (transposed stats, missing words, and such). It should be worth your time to re-import data from my sheet.

I used exactly the same method. I still have to finish this for Powers & bio... but the comparison is harder to find only small differences !

Was surprised about the Frost Giant's planet (Eberon) while all the other figures from the same wave are from Toril ..!

I guess I found all the mistakes you are talking about (saw that Life/Move stat's switch ..! ) on these columns.

French Forum's admin.
Old September 22nd, 2022, 03:23 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Hey @Xorlof , I know you listed a bunch of Volunteer Opportunities below. How many of those are still outstanding? How close is this project to being a reality? I would love to have a complete collection of these cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
OK, I'm officially back at this project. (Yay!) Here some notes on getting this moved along to the next steps and opportunities for YOU to be able to help.

1) Next week, I will post a few additional sample cards with ideas I've had over the time this has been on hiatus. I'll do some straw polls for input and come up with a final template in the first (web-friendly) format. The week of April 13 is the goal to have that done.

2) The first format for the template will be able to (mostly) automatically fill in all of the card text and symbols if given an appropriate spreadsheet/database with that information. Volunteer opportunity: Can we get someone to create and populate this database? Something like @DanieLoche 's neat spreadsheet (link) would be pretty ideal with special power names separated from their text and in title case. @GaryLASQ 's site (link) is also a possible source for data, but migrating it to a Google Sheet would make it more helpful. Also, we will eventually need VC data in the same format. (I seem to recall that @Just_a_Bill had created a spreadsheet, and I know he is a stickler for accuracy, but I'm unsure where to find it.) I'm guessing C3G might not be a thing in this format now that we have @japes excellent cards closing in on a release. I'm certainly would love to see 'em, but since our resources are pretty thin, it makes sense to concentrate on the others for now.

3) Another related volunteer opportunity: we need people to proofread the data in the spreadsheet, comparing it with cards, to verify its accuracy.

4) Starting with Hasbro/WotC unites, I will upload a bunch of miniature images, probably next week, but maybe the following one. I have already taken the image but just need to find them. Volunteer opportunity: It will GREATLY speed up this project if I can get extra help to (digitally) cut the miniature part of the image out from their white background and their bases (i.e., make the background and bases transparent in the images).

5) Volunteer opportunity after a given image has been isolated from its background, it would be great if someone could create the red/gray hitzone variation of that image with the green eyespot.

6) (In between other tasks I can also make an MSE template for these card formats and assist others with making templates in other formats. If no one else does, I will probably eventually make a template using one of the Adobe products, but that's super low priority for me.)

If nobody steps up to do #2, I can get to it pretty quickly (but don't let that dissuade anyone from stepping up and doing it instead of me ). It is 3, 4 and 5 where the amount of help I have will be very proportional to how quickly this can be done. There are also some other image manipulation tasks I wouldn't mind having help with if there end up being a lot of volunteers, but no need to enumerate them now.

After we've got all of that source stuff, we assemble it all together of course and proofread, proofread, proofread and then release final cards as pdfs/pngs/native-web. All of the results of this project (source files, templates, images, databases, etc.) will be kept online publicly to assist any other projects that could use them.

It feels good to be back!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 25th, 2022, 02:24 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@Xorlof did you ever finish these and if not do you have the templates so that someone else can finish them?
Old October 21st, 2022, 10:03 AM
Super Smurfy

Last week, I began reviving this project! I'm creating the template as an online web page that you can use to the generate cards.

Somehow I lost my previous (Word) version, so that's set me back a bit, but not too much because I have the images in this thread to work from (I have to "rediscover" font sizes, weights, exact placements, shading information, etc.).

While I'm doing that recreating, I do have one new thing I can show you. I don't think we were ever totally happy with the range and movement icons. We kinda made peace with the idea that that's the best we had, but they looked out of place with the somewhat more detailed skull/shield icons we moved to.

For range, I think the rifle scope is still the best concept we've got. However, I think putting something "scapey" in the sights of the scope might improve the icon. The idea is to have some hexes on the bottom half of the scope with a creature standing on the hexes as being what the scope is pointed at. Keep in mind, to fit the theme of the icons (which tied back to the MRAD colors from the original cards), the whole thing has be shades of gray for range. Here's a proof of concept, with a few coloring options. (Warning: its grayness is going to look pretty boring out-of-context of the rest of the card):

I'm not totally happy with it, but I think it's going in the right direction. One obvious problem (that I realized too late for this post) is that I will have to create a rifle scope representation without big "knobs" sticking out on the outside to be more cohesive with the skull and shield.

What do you all think? You can see a reminder of what the current range icon looks like (on the text-heavy Augamo card) in the spoiler:
Spoiler Alert!
(The ogre is cartoony--that seemed right vs. a more realistic depiction given the stat is going to be right over the top of it. The thought is a simpler creature there might stay more recognizable as a creature being within the sight, but maybe I should try it with something more a bit more realistic.)

Regarding the movement icon, I haven't mocked that up yet, but the idea is pretty straightforward, and one I referenced earlier in the thread. Show an overhead view of few hexes with a line/arrow representing movement over them. I'll create a mockup soon. That icon has to be green to meet the callback requirement to the move areaa on the original cards, which is actually quite nice because the hexes get to be green, as in grass.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations