Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 13th, 2020, 08:46 AM

scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 3D Printing: Resin vs PLA comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Can one of you speak on the strength/durability of the FDM prints versus the resin prints?

I can usually drop an FDM figure printed with PLA+ filament off a table onto a tile floor without it breaking. And they hold up well to normal use in a game.

How do the resin prints compare?
I haven't broken a resin model yet, but they definitely are much more brittle than PLA. They are a lot less flexible, and feel like they could break with very little force. However, they are very stiff, so you will never get those saggy spears.

Index of 3D Scans of Figures

There are a lot of figures I don't have access to(Listed in the index), if you wish to assist the project, feel free to PM me.
Old May 13th, 2020, 12:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: 3D Printing: Resin vs PLA comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapedood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Can one of you speak on the strength/durability of the FDM prints versus the resin prints?

I can usually drop an FDM figure printed with PLA+ filament off a table onto a tile floor without it breaking. And they hold up well to normal use in a game.

How do the resin prints compare?
I haven't broken a resin model yet, but they definitely are much more brittle than PLA. They are a lot less flexible, and feel like they could break with very little force. However, they are very stiff, so you will never get those saggy spears.
I have broke both fdm and resin prints. Dropping them from a height of 4 ft or more up onto a hard surface will break any little bits like spears off of either type of model.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards