Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old May 4th, 2020, 12:52 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Death Knight 2 (matte)
Iskra Esenwein (matte)
Tagawa Samurai 3 (matte)

I've been slow to work on this lately, but the Death Knights and Tagawa Samurai are now complete!
Old May 4th, 2020, 04:03 PM

kevinokane777 is surprisingly tart
Smile Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

White Knight this is unbelievable.

Thank you so much for creating this (and anyone else that helped).

I love Heroscape, and by living in New Zealand it can be tricky to find other people who like the game and it's very rare to find expansions on the second hand market. Now I can print multiple common squads I need.

Just out of curiosity what make/model 3D printer do you use? (or perhaps a cheaper alternative that would still do the job well). Just to get an idea of price, how much would it cost roughly to have 2x squads of Roman Legionnaires printed?

Once again thanks for putting up the .stl files. It's like a dream come true!
Old May 4th, 2020, 04:49 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinokane777 View Post
White Knight this is unbelievable.

Thank you so much for creating this (and anyone else that helped).

I love Heroscape, and by living in New Zealand it can be tricky to find other people who like the game and it's very rare to find expansions on the second hand market. Now I can print multiple common squads I need.

Just out of curiosity what make/model 3D printer do you use? (or perhaps a cheaper alternative that would still do the job well). Just to get an idea of price, how much would it cost roughly to have 2x squads of Roman Legionnaires printed?

I use an Ender 3. It's one of the least expensive on the market, but I think it's excellent. (about $200 US dollars)

Printing a miniature has several costs: actual filament cost, cost for the base sticker material, cost to run the machine, and costs for a person to clean up the figure and get it ready for painting.

For just the cost of the plastic filament, it's about $0.20 US dollars for a medium sized miniature. I usually charge $0.50/hour for machine time to print (about 2 hours for a medium figure) and then $1.00 every 10 minutes it takes me to clean up a figure (remove supports, use a hot tool to smooth everything out). It usually takes me about 10 minutes per figure to clean it up.

A professional 3D printing shop will charge a lot more than that.

If you want higher resolution prints, you'll need a resin printer which has higher initial costs and higher costs per figure.
Old May 4th, 2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
And make sure you check out the 3D printing terrain files. You can 3D printer the evergreen trees and jungle trees and rocks and glaciers and even hexes.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=52903
Old May 4th, 2020, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
And make sure you check out the 3D printing terrain files. You can 3D printer the evergreen trees and jungle trees and rocks and glaciers and even hexes.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=52903
Yeah I saw those as well. Unbelievable. The whole original game pretty much still exists
Old May 4th, 2020, 05:56 PM

Do you have a comparison photo between one of your creality Ender 3 3D printed models (unpainted) and the original heroscape miniture?

Ideally a model with a long thin spear or similar so I can see how well this works. Thanks
Old May 4th, 2020, 10:04 PM

Here is a comparison of dwarves (originals in the front, new ones in the back)

Kee-Mo-Shi and some Marrden Hounds

Marro Dividers

Wo-Sa-Ga

These are lower resolution models, but you can see the Ashigaru spears

Fyorlag Spiders

Some Zombie Proxies

Some Marro Drones with spears

Old May 4th, 2020, 11:04 PM

Absolutely stunning in my opinion. They look great.

Looks like I'm going to buy myself a printer and bring back Heroscape.

Thank you very much for the help and information.
Old May 8th, 2020, 08:53 AM

Just so everyone knows, Scapedood make his own thread with his incredible scanned figure models and he's added quite a few. His models are better than mine, so check there first.

scanned figure thread
Old May 8th, 2020, 04:31 PM

Einar Imperium 1 (matte)
Gurei-Oni (matte)
Sentinal of Jandar 1 (matte)

I might be able to get better models of these guys (I photographed them as a group, but I also took individual photos). It will take a while, but if the new ones are better these will be replaced.
Old May 11th, 2020, 09:52 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

White Knight, have you ever tried to make custom tiles?
Like a 4-hex tile?
What would be the largest number of hexes that could be printed on an Ender 3?
3x4 maybe?
Old May 11th, 2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
White Knight, have you ever tried to make custom tiles?
Like a 4-hex tile?
What would be the largest number of hexes that could be printed on an Ender 3?
3x4 maybe?
Yes, I've made custom tiles. They are actually very easy because of the way I made the files. I just assemble needed pieces together in CREO.

The Ender 3 has a build volume of 220x220x220 mm, but I don't like to get too close to the edge. So figure 8x8 inches. I'd have to get some hexes together to see how big that is.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing