Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 22nd, 2007, 02:21 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
A couple of quick comments on two cards that I chose after a random glance through your stuff.

KIO THE ALPHA MALE
This guy has the potential to make the Anubians even greater beasts than they already are! Having just gotten a second set of them, I think Kio might be fun to try out.
Small tweak on this one - "For every turn that Kio is used and does not attack" doesn't sound quite official, and "used" feels a tad too vague as well. I would strongly consider changing "is used" to "moves" in that sentence. Movement is considered a phase of activation, so even if he didn't physically move, he'd still get the power. And even people who didn't make this connection could always just move him back and forth a space if they wanted to use the power (the only time that'd be a real problem is if Kio was cyberclawed, in which case he's not long for this world anyhow. And even this should be rare as I expect smart people would keep Kio along the back row).
Other that, everything looks bright and shiny, including the TONS of green markers.

ROC
I'm interested in the whole Bird of Flight thing, and there are a few things I'm a bit unclear about. Well, one, really. When it says "after turn 3 of every round Roc is in play, you mean turn 3 of the person controlling Roc, right? If so, I'd say consider changing the wording to "After your third turn in every round Roc is in play ..."
If it's not after your turn, then it should say at the end of the round - but then it gets confusing, because adjacent figures would be attacking him without using turn markers, right? Or does it just apply then to the next round if Roc is engaged?
Also the "Roc may only be attacked by ranged attacks and figures with flying" confuses me. Is this at any time, or just when there are no Ground markers on the card? It seems like other fliers and ranged figures could always attack him, but non flying melee figures could only get him once he was on the ground. If it's the latter case, you need to specify that "Roc may only be attacked by ranged attacks and figures with Flying" when there are no Ground Markers on this card.
So, a few tweaks needed in this. I'm sure now that I pointed out this muddiness you, the guru of wordsmithery, will be able to clean them up better than I.
Btw, I just got an image of Roc carrying Jotun into battle and the "sweeeet" detector went off in my head. Do you have a figure you use with him?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 22nd, 2007, 09:30 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
A couple of quick comments on two cards that I chose after a random glance through your stuff.

KIO THE ALPHA MALE
This guy has the potential to make the Anubians even greater beasts than they already are! Having just gotten a second set of them, I think Kio might be fun to try out.
Small tweak on this one - "For every turn that Kio is used and does not attack" doesn't sound quite official, and "used" feels a tad too vague as well. I would strongly consider changing "is used" to "moves" in that sentence. Movement is considered a phase of activation, so even if he didn't physically move, he'd still get the power. And even people who didn't make this connection could always just move him back and forth a space if they wanted to use the power (the only time that'd be a real problem is if Kio was cyberclawed, in which case he's not long for this world anyhow. And even this should be rare as I expect smart people would keep Kio along the back row).
Other that, everything looks bright and shiny, including the TONS of green markers.
Good point on the movement thing, it showed my the wording was too vague. He is allowed to move just not attack. So this should clear it up: "For every turn that Kio is activated, but does not attack..."

Quote:
ROC
I'm interested in the whole Bird of Flight thing, and there are a few things I'm a bit unclear about. Well, one, really. When it says "after turn 3 of every round Roc is in play, you mean turn 3 of the person controlling Roc, right? If so, I'd say consider changing the wording to "After your third turn in every round Roc is in play ..."
If it's not after your turn, then it should say at the end of the round - but then it gets confusing, because adjacent figures would be attacking him without using turn markers, right? Or does it just apply then to the next round if Roc is engaged?
Roc was one that casued some controversey and you make good points. Instead of "after turn 3 of every round Roc is in play..." I'll change it to "At the end of every round, place a Ground Marker...." I don't get the part about adajacent figures attacking him without using order markers. Taking a look back at Roc's cad I see that the wording is unclear. Check he complete fixed wording below.

Quote:
Also the "Roc may only be attacked by ranged attacks and figures with flying" confuses me. Is this at any time, or just when there are no Ground markers on the card? It seems like other fliers and ranged figures could always attack him, but non flying melee figures could only get him once he was on the ground. If it's the latter case, you need to specify that "Roc may only be attacked by ranged attacks and figures with Flying" when there are no Ground Markers on this card.
So, a few tweaks needed in this. I'm sure now that I pointed out this muddiness you, the guru of wordsmithery, will be able to clean them up better than I.
Guru might be a bit much , but I think I can fix it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird of Flight
Roc is not considered adjacent to any opponents' figures and may only be attacked by non-adjacent attacks and figures with Flying, unless there is a Ground Marker is on this card. At the end of every round place a Ground Marker on this card. If Roc is unengaged at the start of his turn and there is a Ground Marker on this card, remove the Ground Marker.
Quote:
Btw, I just got an image of Roc carrying Jotun into battle and the "sweeeet" detector went off in my head. Do you have a figure you use with him?
Yea he's pretty sweet. The figure is this one. I figured that the rider could be cut off (like I photoshoped it off) and rebased so he was flat.

Old July 22nd, 2007, 01:58 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Those fixes look good. Where can you find that figure? Like who (what company/game/etc.) does it come from?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 22nd, 2007, 02:11 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Those fixes look good. Where can you find that figure? Like who (what company/game/etc.) does it come from?
It's a Dugeons and Dragons figure and can be found here.

I'll hopefully post the corrected cards later today.

Old July 22nd, 2007, 02:11 PM

Thanks, Hi! Wow, there are some cool figures on that page ...

Old October 2nd, 2008, 05:52 PM

holland227 is surprisingly tart
Re: Hi1's Customs - ***NEW TRIO of UNITS 7/4***

I really like the Rocket Troopers but I feel they are slightly undercosted. Now I know I am new but i think they should be 115. Just a small lowering. Either way they are mostly balanced and I think I will convert some old army rocket guys I have to make them. Thanks!
Old October 2nd, 2008, 07:31 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old October 2nd, 2008, 08:28 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by holland227 View Post
I really like the Rocket Troopers but I feel they are slightly undercosted. Now I know I am new but i think they should be 115. Just a small lowering. Either way they are mostly balanced and I think I will convert some old army rocket guys I have to make them. Thanks!
Umm, they cost 110, so 115 would be RAISING their price, the opposite of what you'd do to an UNDERCOSTED unit. IMO, they're not undercosted as is anyway.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards