Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old June 29th, 2019, 09:26 PM

crxcowboy is surprisingly tart
Sci-Fi Cat Walks

I searched the site before posting this and maybe I'm just being thick headed as to an obvious solution. If that's the case, please be polite in pointing it out. But, I'm looking for a good way to represent cat walks as are often shown in sci-fi movies.

I want players to be able to move on top of and under the cat walks.

I'm wanting to run some friends through an Aliens type scenario and trying to limit the amount of custom terrain I might have to 3D print.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks!
Old June 30th, 2019, 02:06 AM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sci-Fi Cat Walks

What about getting some plastic canvas, spray painting it a metallic silver, cutting it into a strip, then tracing spaces on with a sharpie?

Last edited by Zetsubo; June 30th, 2019 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old June 30th, 2019, 08:41 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Pretty sure @TREX has come up with some catwalks.
Old June 30th, 2019, 07:47 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You can use something like these. Trace Glyphs on them and cut them out.
Old July 1st, 2019, 01:11 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Pretty sure @TREX has come up with some catwalks.
Crochet mesh from the hobby store in silver or black is the easiest way to make the metal grating for sci fi floors. Cut them into hexes and mount them to tiles or to some thicker hobby chip board. I have also 3d printed shallow tiles or evergreen tree bases to mount them to other tiles.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 2nd, 2019, 05:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I've been holding onto the plastic ends of an old X-Box 360 that went the Red Circle of Death route. They look like they could be turned into catwalks pretty easily. Can't find a pic of what I'm talking about, but if you have ever pulled an X-Box 360 apart you know what I'm referencing.
Old July 2nd, 2019, 06:55 PM

crxcowboy is surprisingly tart

The "granny" canvas crochet sheet is probably how to do it. The question is then how to build supports? Should it be like castle wall supports at each end, or more like thin posts along the underside so the characters can walk underneath? If I can find some sprues from old models, that might work...or 3D print something. hm...(off to search scaffolding on Thingiverse)
Old July 3rd, 2019, 08:09 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

The crochet mesh is the cheap and easy way to go, as has already been said. They will need something to support them. Craft sticks or popsicle sticks can do it for cheap. There are also hobby sheet styrene products out there that have I beams and similar structural pieces, but they probably cost more.
Old July 3rd, 2019, 10:00 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Painted straws maybe?
Old July 4th, 2019, 10:31 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Painted straws maybe?
The straws dont hold up well. Been there done that. Cheap way is the granny grating sheets reinforced with coffee stirrers and popsicle sticks. If you have a 3d printer there are some awesome sci fi scaffolding on thingiverse. Ive printed out quite a bit for wargaming stuff for star wars legion and as part of my prison for walking dead all out war. The problem with those for heroscape is that they arent hex based and dont fit with the terrain. Ive made sci fi bridges for heroscape linked together by sitting them on top of castle wall pieces making them look like scaffolding.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 4th, 2019, 03:04 PM

Great tips. Thanks TREX.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles