Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old May 12th, 2016, 02:14 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: May 3, 2006 aka HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY

Pretty crazy how long it's been. Made and met a lot of awesome friends from this site. It's sad to see it's finally dying, for the most part. Even though I'm on less and less and pretty much only play at gencon, I don't think I'll ever lose touch entirely, or get rid of my collection.

Too many great memories.
Old May 12th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Pretty crazy how long it's been. Made and met a lot of awesome friends from this site. It's sad to see it's finally dying, for the most part. Even though I'm on less and less and pretty much only play at gencon, I don't think I'll ever lose touch entirely, or get rid of my collection.

Too many great memories.
English teacher gripe - your pronoun lacks a clear antecedent. You've mistakenly constructed this sentence to imply that this site is dying, which I know couldn't have been your intention.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 12th, 2016, 12:24 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:

Too many great memories.
English teacher gripe - your pronoun lacks a clear antecedent. You've mistakenly constructed this sentence to imply that this site is dying, which I know couldn't have been your intention.
I'm confused here too. I'm a new user and haven't found this site to be dead or dying at all.

Perhaps it was more active years ago, but that hardly means it has a foot in the grave. When something is built on the foundation of something great, it will continue to stand much past it's flurry of initial interest.
Old May 12th, 2016, 01:43 PM

theats has disabled reputation

What is AotP?

Theophilus.
Old May 12th, 2016, 06:01 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by theats View Post
What is AotP?
Arena of the Planeswalkers
Old May 12th, 2016, 06:17 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Age of the Pocalypse.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 19th, 2016, 05:06 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:

Too many great memories.
I'm confused here too. I'm a new user and haven't found this site to be dead or dying at all.

Perhaps it was more active years ago, but that hardly means it has a foot in the grave. When something is built on the foundation of something great, it will continue to stand much past it's flurry of initial interest.
I mean, it's not completely dead like there's little to no posting anywhere. But it's more closer to that than it thriving at this point. The site was crazy active when the game was alive and under hasbro, obviously, and got sort of another jolt when Wizards took over and with D&D 'scape (it didn't die down in the time between the switch from hasbro to wotc, but I do feel like there was another small boost with the D&D stuff as far as site activity goes). Then the game got axed at the end of 2010. Nonetheless the site was still incredibly active, like it always has been since its birth, for another few years in hopes to revive the game (I know a lot of people tried petition efforts) or simply just keeping the game alive by still enjoying and playing and talking about it.

(EDIT: also around the time heroscape was getting discontinued, Plaid Hat Games launched and a lot of members found familiar interests with that, which was also healthy for the overall community)

But since about 2014 I'd say it's been slowly declining in activity and the thought of 'dying' started to manifest. Things like C3V and Online 'scape have been awesome for keeping the game alive and exciting. But at this point there's little activity in most areas than not around here, sadly.

I talk to a lot of close friends from here at GenCon each year, and although we all still love and cherish the game, most people I talk to admit they have played the game little (or not at all) since the previous GenCon. Even some of the most die-hard fans and/or very competitive players are starting to say that.

Aside from C3G and other different custom/fan themes of Heroscape like Star Wars, and the new Magic AotP forums, the rest of the site - which to me is the main sections for Heroscape itself - is pretty dead. I'm not trying to mope about the game's/site's activity or put negativity on it, but this is how I see it, and I've been on this site since '07 and even at my most scarce points I've been decently active. It's sad to finally see; despite that I love C3V and it truly got me excited about the game again, I myself haven't played the game in person almost at all, except at GenCon, and mostly have just resorted to casually lurking instead of posting on here at this point.

I think the community itself was and is too large, enthusiastic, and altogether just plain great for the site to ever be entirely dead, but as time goes on it has indeed become less and less.

Last edited by Cleon; May 19th, 2016 at 05:27 AM.
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:24 AM

I see an average of 10+ threads I'm subscribed to bumped per day. Maybe not the height of activity but there's a huge gap between there and dead.

Part of it is that the so-called "main" areas aren't the real main areas anymore. The activity has shifted (and to places I spent most of my time in from the beginning).

Old May 19th, 2016, 06:40 AM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

I had been on a long hiatus without playing Horoscope at all until I began mastering 3D printing. Now my gf and me are growing back interest and beginning to design new custom terrain.

The interesting part is that this new terrain maybe more accessible, at least anyone with access to a printer will be able to have the same exact pieces. And if this evolutes well, we might soon see this in miniatures too.
Old May 19th, 2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
I had been on a long hiatus without playing Horoscope at all until I began mastering 3D printing. Now my gf and me are growing back interest and beginning to design new custom terrain.

The interesting part is that this new terrain maybe more accessible, at least anyone with access to a printer will be able to have the same exact pieces. And if this evolutes well, we might soon see this in miniatures too.
Autocorrect? And if not, where can I get my hands on a unique squad of Scorpios?

Old May 19th, 2016, 12:17 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

There are definitely fewer active threads and fewer active posters. But there are also still plenty of active threads and active posters.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 19th, 2016, 06:25 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

I swear that I told the **** thing not to correct that word.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News