Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old July 8th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Marvel HS mixed with normal HS - results so far...

(I'm writing this to keep my mind off of the loss of one of my beloved cats, who died yesterday, unexpectedly. If it's not as lively as I usually write or as detailed, please forgive the sloppiness.)

Well yesterday, at my HS event, we finally got to try out Marvel units mixed in with normal HS figures. We played 700 point armies where you had to pick at LEAST one Marvel hero and then you bought the rest of your figs out of the normal HS ranks. We also set a ground rule that Marvel Heroes can land on the Attack and Defense +1 glyphs but that they don't get the bonuses for those glyphs themselves. We figured it would help balance things out a bit for the rest of the vanilla HS figs - which it did. We still played with height advantage and so forth.

The armies were (roughly):

Player 1 (Barb):
Raelin, Kelda, Finn, Thorgrimm, and Hulk

Player 2 (Earl):
Red Skull, Dr. Doom, Aubrien Archers, Roman Legionaires, and Zettian Guard

Player 3 (Aaron):
Captain America, Braxus, Kee-mo-shi, and Krug

Player 4 (Tracy aka 'Ciciman' aka my wife)
: Thanos, Iron Man, and 2x squads of Warriors of Ashra

Player 5 (Tony aka Wytefang): Silver Surfer, Spider-man, Kaemon Awa, and Iskra Esenwein with the Rechets of Bogdan

It was a pretty decent-sized map (large-size I'd say) with good range blockers on the outskirts and an open watery area in the middle with lots of glyphs (everything except the Range +4 glyph and the Kelda (Healing) glyph).

Right off the bat Thanos landed on Summon glyph and brought Kelda over, kicking and screaming, then despite two turns of attempting to kill her with little success, she escaped. Iron Man was promptly killed straight away by Braxus's special Acid breath power. Scratch ol' tinhead.

Barb got Hulk into the fight and he just wailed on some small figures (Aubriens, who actually put some wounds on the Hulk, angering him further) and both Red Skull and Dr. Doom, killing them both after a few rounds. At this point, Hulk was the horrific monster we all feared. Then as fate would have it, someone trigged the Glyph of Mitonsoul and Krug bit the dust (the only one to do so). Right after that shocker, Iskra Esenwein, after 3 failed attempts to bring in the Rechets (hero killers, potentially, those things) ran into the incredible might and evil of Thanos, and was promptly dusted with nary a peep. The Rechets wailed in dismay but they'd missed their chance to come and play.

Spidey killed Thorgrimm and then Finn and avoided death at Thanos' hands by Swing-lining away while Kaemon Awa was FAR less fortunate, though he did deal a wound or two to ol' Thanos before perishing. I'd kept Silver Surfer out of the fray but Thanos moved over to him and started wailing on him also, dealing out 5 wounds which put SS on the brink of death. That was all the motivation I needed to move him out into the attack. First I dished out a bit of hurt on Thanos then I raced off to take on a badly wounded hulk (those little injuries add up, thankfully). One strong cosmic blast later and the Hulk was toast.

I might add that earlier, when the Hulk was tackling Earl's Aubriens, that Earl began rolling Frenzy well with his two remaining Aubriens and very nearly killed Hulk.

In the end it came down to Thanos wiping out Braxus and Kee-Mo-Shi, easily, the Silver Surfer killed Captain America (didn't need a sniper to do it either, just the 'power cosmic') but not before Cap killed Spidey. Then Thanos smoked Silver Surfer. Along the way the Zettians died too.

It was just Barb's Raelin and Kelda versus a very ticked-off Thanos. Need I say what the result was? Thanos was the lone, standing champion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our overall thoughts were that the Marvel figures mixed just fine with vanilla HeroScape figures, for the most part. Braxus is a Marvel Hero killer and any figure who can mindshackle or steal characters suddenly becomes that much more worthwhile (other than the Shades of Bleakwoode, who wouldn't have much of a chance to get close enough to most Marvel heroes). Hulk nearly died to the Aubrien's - which shows that even lowly figures can be helped by the awesome power of fate and the dice roll. I enjoyed this match nearly more than any other HS game I've played because the characters are so recognizeable. When Hulk used his Super Leap, we all winced in mock appreciation at the thought of him whomping onto the battlefield. When Spidey successfully used his Spidey Sense we could all envision it that much easier. It really added to the fun, in my opinion.

Marvel expansion sets cannot come TOO soon, imho.

Hope these thoughts answer SOME questions...

PS. I'll post pictures later, it was a LONG (and not entirely happy - see my other thread to find out why) and sleepless night so I'm not in the mood to tinker with uploading and all that right now. I'll post 'em later tomorrow, probably.
Old July 8th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Looked like fun. Hulk and Thanos seem to be beasts, as was expected. Spidey avoided some attacks, and the Aubriens - man, I need to get some of those! Lucky, lucky, lucky. I'd hate to be the guy with Iron Man - all those points, wasted.

And the idea of Thanos, along, standing on the field of defeated rivals, is just plain awesome.
Old July 8th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Condolences on your loss, Wytefang, and thanks for the great battle report! I can't wait to get my set and start some mixed battles as well.
I understand what you mean about the thematic value. Just today I started to think of some scenarios to write up to go along with my DC customs, and I'm already brimming with fun ideas.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 8th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Thanks guys.
Old July 8th, 2007, 04:26 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The army selection of you and your firends had me scratching my head a bit over the odd combos, but the game sounds like a lot of fun!

I proxied a couple of these earlier today and came to the same conclusions about balance....they seemed to fit in just fine. Any Heroscape figure with auto-kill just had a real surge in value, but even regular ol' squaddies can beat up on many of the supers with ease. No real issues I've noticed.

I don't play with glyphs much anymore....I think glyphs might make Marvels too strong.
Old July 8th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Messy Eater

The only one that I found really odd, as far as figure mixes go, was my buddy Earl, who was in a hurry (we were all waiting on him, basically, so he just grabbed anything).

It's pretty fun but as usual, the Glyphs can change things up in a hurry, no doubt about it.
Old July 8th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Messy Eater

I'm a bit surprised that this thread hasn't generated more response. Could it be that now that some proof of compatibility has shown itself it's a dead topic? Just wondering...
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:17 AM

kalfalnal has disabled reputation
Thanks for the battle report Wytefang!

My Marvelscape will be here Tuesday, can't wait
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
This website's traffic tends to be down a bit on weekends, and the Marvel section's traffic is never close to the traffic on the top couple sections. I'm sure plenty of people who'll find this topic interesting will find it in time.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 9th, 2007, 07:07 AM

JIrish780 has disabled reputation
Thanks for the report, Wytefang. It really sounds like things all balance out in the end, afterall.

Samurai, check... Spider-Man, check... Ice Dragon, check... Dwarves, che- waitasec!
Old July 9th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
I've always thought they would be compatible and it's good to hear that they seem to be. But the only thing that concerns me is what you mentioned about the glyphs. If you have to ignore them for Marvel figures but not others, doesn't that imply and imbalance in the figures?
Old July 9th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Messy Eater

Well in fairness, we didn't HAVE TO ignore them, we just chose to, as a safety precaution. I'll try another match with them allowed and see what happens.

Glad you guys like the info.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion