Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 29th, 2017, 07:11 PM

Skullbotrock12 Woo who?
Looking for House Rules (especially with defense)

I've done a bit of googling and found some fun tweaks to add like bullrushing, small changes to height advantage etc.
However I'm looking for someone that has done more of a comprehensive overhaul. I've put in hundreds of hours through the years and looking for a new twist on this old classic.
Perhaps something with the way defense/lives work? It can get really frustrating rolling just 2 or 3 dice against a death walker's 9 defense dozens of times with little hope for success. This almost turned my girlfriend off her 1st time playing.
I'm not entirely familiar with Warhammer 40k but perhaps those rules and stats could be adapted for heroscape? I'm sure someone out there has already done that lol
Old December 30th, 2017, 01:54 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Looking for House Rules (especially with defense)

I'm not really aware of any alterations to life/defense rules in Heroscape. I think for the most part people are satisfied with the current rules. It's funny you brought up the Deathwalker example, because normally people are frustrated the other way. Usually people get upset by "Deathwalker rolls" where they get 0 or 1 shields on 9 dice and end up dying from a weak attack. There's roughly a 14% chance of getting 1 or fewer shields with 9 defense, which isn't all that uncommon.

The thing with Deathwalker is that he's just a very variable figure. I've played games where it's taken several rounds of attacks to defeat him and I've played games where he's gone down after only a few attacks. If you don't like that high variability, it's probably best to draft other units. It seems like your particular gripe is only with high defense units, of which there are really only a few.

Is there something else about the life/defense mechanics that turns you off? If it's just Deathwalkers, I'd just recommend choosing different figures. (FWIW, I usually avoid using Deathwalkers with first time players, as it's usually going to make at least one of the players frustrated. And I don't want that to be someone's first impression.)
Old December 30th, 2017, 08:28 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

What is bullrushing?
Old December 31st, 2017, 01:49 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Hopefully rouby44 still uses this site :p

There was a 'scaper who overhauled many of the cards in the game, @rouby44 , however his thread fell when Photobucket updated their content sharing policies. I guess you could try to overhaul all the cards to make them feel more competitive.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 31st, 2017, 05:40 PM

Skullbotrock is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

If you Google heroscape custom rules bullrushing should come up. It's basically a figure using their movement to push a similar or smaller figure around (possibly off cliffs or glyphs)
Old January 7th, 2018, 03:25 PM

Ramses800 is surprisingly tart
Re: Hopefully rouby44 still uses this site :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
There was a 'scaper who overhauled many of the cards in the game, @rouby44 , however his thread fell when Photobucket updated their content sharing policies. I guess you could try to overhaul all the cards to make them feel more competitive.
The resulting overhaul is still available as PDF:s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramses800 View Post
I completed the last high resolution versions of your reworked units and made pdf:s of them. Here are the links
Aquilla
Einar
Jandar
Ullar
Utgar
Vydar

There are some rewording(due to using the MSE scripts/formatting and so on) but the the actual power/effects should be the same as your originals.
The files are somewhat large(totaling a 160Mb).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion