Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old November 25th, 2019, 09:13 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Smile Heroscape Tournament at Polar Vortex, Jan 18 Naperville, IL

Hello 'scapers from Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, and anyone else who wants to attend!

I will be at Polar Vortex Con, running a Heroscape tournament on Jan 18. You can find info on the con here: https://polarvortex.games/ We will begin Saturday morning at 10AM and finish by 2PM.

Badges for the con are $15 for one day or $35 for the whole con (Fri through Sunday). Kids 12 and under are free! The event is $2 (which is the minimum price) in addition to buying a badge for the event. More info here: https://tabletop.events/conventions/...20/schedule/39

Since this is my first time organizing and running a tournament I am going to keep the format simple and classic: bring a 450-point army that uses 24 hexes or less. I capped the event at 8 players because I wasn't sure how many maps I could bring by myself. If attendance is good we can look at increasing it for next year. If there are an odd number players I myself will participate so nobody has to sit out any rounds.

Update: As of Sat Jan 11 we are sold out! The maps we are using will be:
Hot Heights with 2 randomly chosen glyphs
Embattled Fen with a permanent wound glyph
Quasatch Playground with 2 randomly chosen glyphs
Blackroot with 2 randomly chosen treasure glyphs

Glyph Pool: Damgar (initiative), Kelda (healer), Gerda (defense), Lodin (d20), Ulaniva (unique attack), Valda (movement)
Treasure Glyph Pool: Bracers of Teleportation, Brooch of Shielding, Giant Hunter Stone, Whetstone of Venom

Since there are only 8 players and 4 rounds of Swiss, the last round won't necessarily be a championship round. Instead I'll be applying a weighted strength-of-schedule to break any ties. We will be using full-card scoring. Let me know if you have questions about how it works.

PS: There will be prizes! Courtesy of my wife's business, Your Baby Can Geek, we will have custom T-shirts and stuff!

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.

Last edited by Clarissimus; January 11th, 2020 at 04:44 PM.
Old November 26th, 2019, 03:19 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape Tournament at Polar Vortex, Jan 18 Naperville,

I wish I could attend, but I'll be back in Birmingham by then. I hope you get a good turnout. I would love it if the Illinois tournament scene got rejuvenated.

There's not much chance of most of these people will attending, but you know, cast a wide net and what not...

@Ninja Status , @legoboy , @GaryLASQ , @Eddiescape , @I.S.B.3 , @The Bearded One , @OrcElfArmyOne , @TinyTim77 , @Carr's Ponytail , @L0B5T3R , @Bsoder52 , @Jexik , @vegietarian18 , @Arrow Grut , @jetjake , @jdtenor , @kevindola , @vminer , @samuelfrost4 , @boromir96 , @Evar-Scarcarver , @briaka , @Arch-vile , @greygnarl , @Therion , @EternalThanos86 , @betawolf36 , @Yodaking, @Sock
Old November 26th, 2019, 08:28 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is gonna be classic scape yes?
Old November 26th, 2019, 11:38 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey y'all. It's been a while, but I'll try! Thank you for holding this.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old November 28th, 2019, 10:47 AM

wargamingaddict87 knows what's in an order marker wargamingaddict87 knows what's in an order marker

Naperville! That is not to far for the Michigamers group!
Old November 28th, 2019, 09:43 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the tag IS. Naperville is only about a 2.5 hour drive from Peoria so pretty reasonable for me. Hopefully my dad and I will be able to make it but will have to see as it gets closer.
Old December 5th, 2019, 02:06 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Yes, this is going to be classic scape.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old December 5th, 2019, 03:00 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Yes, this is going to be classic scape.
Right on, if you guys ever consider a C3G bracket I’d try to make it!
Old December 30th, 2019, 10:32 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Curious if you have any idea what attendance is looking like so far? I’m interested, might be able to bring a friend.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old December 30th, 2019, 11:59 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

My dad and I will be in attendance, looking forward to it!
Old January 1st, 2020, 08:39 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

My dad and I will be in attendance as well!

Do we need to get tickets for this Heroscape event or just a badge for the con?
Old January 6th, 2020, 09:03 PM

Hello 'Scapers. Yes, you will need tickets. The event is $2 (which is the minimum price) in addition to buying a badge for the event. More info here: https://tabletop.events/conventions/...20/schedule/39

We will begin Saturday morning at 10AM and finish by 2PM.

I capped the event at 8 players because I wasn't sure how many maps I could bring by myself. If attendance is good we can look at increasing it for next year. If there are an odd number players I myself will participate so nobody has to sit out any rounds.

And I am bringing some extra 450-point armies and extra dice/tokens in case we have any walk-ons! I haven't chosen the maps/glyphs yet but I should have that nailed down some time this week. Probably there will be one road, one lava, one jungle, etc.
@vegietarian18 @OrcElfArmyOne @boromir96 @Arrow Grut

Do NOT click this link.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events