Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 1st, 2011, 01:57 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Morsbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
But again, the consensus is that you have the discretion of adding it when you want. I don't think anyone has ever actually thought of this question during a game before, but perhaps the custom dok is thinking of would have to deal with it more often.
Yes, this question did arise out of a discussion of other possible custom d20 powers. I don't think any of those ideas are actually going to see the light of day, but it made me realize that this odd corner case already existed with Morsbane.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 01:08 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
If it does not say "may", then you must apply the bonus +1 no matter what.
OT, but careful with that reasoning: Chomp doesn't say "may" ... so therefore you must Chomp every time? Most of the newer powers are very careful to always say either "may" or "must," but with the older powers, it's safer to assume that lack of either means "may." The only exception to that that I know of is Unleashed Fury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 2nd, 2011, 10:53 PM

Ivellius knows what's in an order marker Ivellius knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
While the rules of the Lodin glyph don't explicitly state when the decision must occur, I think you choose to add after the die roll (it's 19 + 1, not 1+19). This is certainly the way I've played units like Mogrimm and the Gladiators, and the way I've seen the Lodin glyph used when rolling initiative, etc.

The wording of the Lodin glyph is that you may add, which implies discretion. I think the intent is that you can add it if/when you like, and I don't see any advantage to saying it has to be before.
The reasoning here summarizes what I've always figured the glyph to be: namely, I've always thought of it as x + 1, not 1 + the roll. It doesn't usually matter when you add and the glyph itself doesn't mention when you have to do it.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 04:26 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is a question origonally asked in an independent thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog the Viking View Post
I haven't seen this question anywhere so:

Recently my friends and I played a 4 team free for all with 12,000 points of mixed classic and the Marvel starter set. The Marvel went out quickly to lucky rolls, massive massive curse rolls, being thrown in lava, etc...

And so we were down to Thanos.

We determined that his ability to be "rejected by death" would be a bit of a problem, so everyone teamed up to pin him down while Morsbane negated him. He rolled a 20.

This was a poser, in any other game we would let it go but 12,000 points? That's a big opportunity for a comeback. We ruled that it destroys and negates him at the same time. Is this fair/legal? The wording does not specify it, and I doubt Morsbane was designed with Thanos in mind.
I thought it should be answered here. The card says "destroy the figure" so in the case of Thanos the figure is destroyed and then can be rejected by death.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 02:39 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

There is no negation marker placed, so he can come back. If he was negated first, then destroyed by any means, he would not be able to come back.

Old August 11th, 2012, 11:41 PM

BrandonD is surprisingly tart

In a recent game with Morsbane, his roll was boosted by the custom figure Haduc. Because of this I managed to instant kill Braxas, Sgt Drake, and this high-point custom cyborg guy that my opponent was using. He didn't end up negating a single creature, but killed 3 of them... and heavy-hitters too!

In the very next game I used Morsbane without Haduc, and he died without killing or negating anyone at all.

Moral of the story: team those guys up.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:07 AM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Could anyone post a pic of the markers?
Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:09 AM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Not my image, got it off google. Thanks to whoever posted it.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Thank you good sir.
Old April 6th, 2015, 07:01 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Morsbane
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 23rd, 2021, 09:10 AM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

I love Morsbane lol. He is usually the last elf I draft in high point games, but in 700+ point games he really steals the show.

He isn't as scary as tempting to kill as arkmer or ulginesh, and isn't as scary os johrdawn or sonlen, so he usually doesn't get much attention. Still, I like activating him with ulginesh every other turn or so and just taking random potshots with his negation.

I played a game recently, in which morsbane stayed in the back of the pod, mostly guarded by arkmer and WoA. Chardis was on height in a good sniping position, and so Morsbane wasn't getting much attention. I took some rolls with him and failed like 4 times in a row, so he kind of got ignored. Then, I got a 16 on a full-health cyprien. After cyprien went down as a worthless 3/4 hero, morsbane got a 20 later in the game on a 6-health Charos.

Morsbane is a lot more useful than I think he is given credit for. Sure, you usually lose one attack by activating him, but it seems to usually pay off in some way. Very rarely do I not megate at least one crucial figure in a game with him.
Old April 23rd, 2021, 10:54 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Negated Cyprien who was a favorite of my friend, many times. They had quite a feud.
I once finished off Nilfheim who had 1 Life left and destroyed Braxas with a 20 on the same turn.

I wish he could negate squads.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units