Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 3rd, 2009, 06:07 PM

Bothell_is_Awesome Woo who?
Large Terrain Expansion Comparison

Ticalla Jungle -or- Road to the Forgotten Forest

Please state pros, cons, and overall winner.

I personally believe RttFF is better. I simply love the concept of road tiles making you faster (it give motivation to take control of the bridge). The bridge it comes with makes some maps really shine. They can be used as bottlenecks, with melee heroes on the bridge and snipers in the back picking off the enemy.

So, what do you think? I'm particularly interested in people who choose Ticalla Jungle as the better expansion . Most people I know like RttFF better.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 06:22 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Large Terrain Expansion Comparison

I like the road bonus, but the trees left me fairly unimpressed. I LOVE the Ticalla Jungle sculpts.

~Z

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?
My map thread
Old March 4th, 2009, 04:32 AM

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker
Re: Large Terrain Expansion Comparison

I like both sets equally.

The best thing in RttFF is the bridge, if you ask me. It looks great on the map and you can make some very cool builds. Coupled with the road, you even get some interesting mechanics, added to the base rules.
The trees, on the other hand, are simple line of sight blockers. The problem here is that you often need more than one tree, if you want to hide a figure. They look OK, but nothing more.
Finally, the Dumutef Guard. It looks cool and has some good uses. But I rarely find myself drafting more than one.

TJ has the jungle pieces. While that's almost all that there is in the box, they look and work great. The added defence ability has definitely made bigger changes to our games, than the road did. They are also great line of sight blockers, with one piece often covering an entire figure. Visually, they are stunning, when placed on the map.
The spiders are a bit weak, and their webbing ability I have yet to make use of. But the bonding with Sujoah, and the low cost, makes it worth buying a squad or two. They can be quite a nuisance!

Had TJ come with some kind of extra terrain, I would have declared it the better of the two expansions.
Had RttFF come with a special ability for the trees, I would have declared it the winner.
As it is now, you get more stuff for your money when buying RttFF, but the overall value, of the sets, is close to equal.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion