Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old October 17th, 2008, 08:25 AM

simplymenotu Woo who?
Re: The Top 10 Most Frequently Overlooked (yet [ab]used) Rul

Movement and Attacking
I'm allowed to move my figure up to it's movement then attack.
I can not attack then move my figure up to it's movement.

Is that correct?

Here are the rule books for terrain types and What Not's:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=432
Old October 17th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
ok this is my first post (yay)

Where can i find all the rulings on different kinds of terrain? I had no idea how to count spaces for ice and snow. Are those all the ones that change move? (I know how water, swamp, and height work but thats it.)

Your #1 I didn't know. I can think of many places where i have moved through my own engaged guys. I'm assuming that phantom walk ignores that rule.
Welcome Green Lanturn--hope this helps:

The movement rules for each terrain type are in the instruction book that comes with that terrain type.

Lava rules are in the lava pack, swamp rules in Swarm of the Marro master set, road rules in The Road to the Forgotten Forest expansion pack, etc.

Ice and snow can count as 1 or 2 movement. It is set by the map maker/tournament director.

And yep, phantom walk ignores rule #1.
And you can check them all out here: Rulebooks - PDF
Old October 17th, 2008, 08:42 AM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplymenotu View Post
Movement and Attacking
I'm allowed to move my figure up to it's movement then attack.
I can not attack then move my figure up to it's movement.

Is that correct?
Correct, Movement comes before Attacks. All moves must be completed before attacks are made (Exception, Engagement strikes). Squad figures who move "0" must be declared also.
Old October 17th, 2008, 08:58 AM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys View Post

Correct, Movement comes before Attacks. All moves must be completed before attacks are made (Exception, Engagement strikes). Squad figures who move "0" must be declared also.
In what case would you need to declare a "0" move? I can't think of one where it would be necessary.
Old October 17th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

EDIT: I was wrong; I have eliminated the wrong (and thus confusing answer); nonetheless my original statement stands:

Quote:
Jexik, another excellent resource--thank you! Added it to the Index.

Last edited by 1Mmirg; October 17th, 2008 at 10:25 AM. Reason: embarrassing...
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:00 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I don't think you have to annoucne which non-mover is going to potentially attack (I could be wrong). This way you don't 'screw yourself so to speak in case another figure destroys the only target that figure is near and now you can't use a different fig (of the same type) that is within range of somthing else.

-insert signature here-
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

I stand corrected,

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...en+Fire&page=2 has a copy of the official ruling.

Move X figures
Attack with those that did move - If less than a full card moved then;
Attack with remaining figures to satisfy card activation limit.
No need to declare move "0"
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:16 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Nice timing for this article as we head into the big day tomorrow. Thanks Jexik!

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Adjacency is determined by that same Height-1 criteria. The main difference between adjacency and engagement is that you're never engaged to friendly figures. Adjacency is the only criteria for making an attack with Range 1.
This one got me!
So does this mean, A monk that is elevated by 6 levels could attack an arrow grut on level one, as they are adjacent?
Could he still attack the grut if the monk were elevated by 10 levels or higher? On a castle?
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys View Post
I stand corrected,

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...en+Fire&page=2 has a copy of the official ruling.

Move X figures
Attack with those that did move - If less than a full card moved then;
Attack with remaining figures to satisfy card activation limit.
No need to declare move "0"
You and me both, . Thanks for spawning this question, Jexik! I feel so sheepish now...
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Adrian Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Quote:
Adjacency is determined by that same Height-1 criteria. The main difference between adjacency and engagement is that you're never engaged to friendly figures. Adjacency is the only criteria for making an attack with Range 1.
This one got me!
So does this mean, A monk that is elevated by 6 levels could attack an arrow grut on level one, as they are adjacent?
Could he still attack the grut if the monk were elevated by 10 levels or higher? On a castle?
Height - 1. So, no--the grut is only height of 4, so they are not adjacent. (Of course, after my previous error, you may not trust me anymore...)

The grut has to be over the height of tiles the monk is on. So if the monk is standing on only 3 tiles (i.e. Height - 1), then yes they are now adjacent and engaged.
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Quote:
This one got me!
Height - 1. So, no--the grut is only height of 4, so they are not adjacent.
Wow, I even quoted it and mis-read it....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's