Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 12th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Saratoga Slugfest, Post Thread!

First of all, a big thank you, to all who helped out with everything. We should have the pictures up soon, maybe by tomorrow!!!

The Zombies ruled, even though I only went 1-4 with them.

RobertDD- That last game was a blast, and you have a great sense of humor.I can't wait to play you again.

Onacara & Family- Thanks for helping out, and for arriving early, earlier than us actually.I would love to play a Warm up match with Little Ona, at the next one.

Tablewalker- I was glad to get to play you and your son, they were both blasts to play.He was very well behaved the whole time!
Kathy- My mother was thrilled to get to meet you again, and actually play you this time.She was happy to have some company, and was glad to talk to you.

Bryon- I loved that game we had, Zombies chasing up a hill to get to elves...Classic! I would love to play you again in the future.

Ollie-I'm glad you didn't almost win another NY title, it was great to see you.

Uprising- It was great to see you, and joke around with you today. I'm glad you had fun, and thanks for bringing the map!!!!

Kinseth- Thanks for all the help with the Scoring system, that you wanted to try. A huge thank you, and for bringing the map!!!

Nyys- Zombies eat Vipers for breakfast, any day of the week. Glad to see you again, and I hope the drive isn't too long home, about the same as we had to go to the Mass one!

Ep, and Family- Great to meet the person behind the screen name. Thanks for bringing him out[For the Family] Hope you enjoyed it, I hope to see you at another one.

Bengi- Great to meet you, you slipped under my radar at the Beatdown. Glad you could make it.

SjScaper- Thanks for coming, and for talking with me about the Dice Bags/ Storage!!!

To anyone I forgot- Thanks for coming, I hope to see you again!

To Everyone- I hope you enjoyed the first of what i hope to be many Saratoga Slugfest. Sorry it was so hot, but I hope that didn't spoil your guys time.If we have another, I would like to have it in April, it would be much cooler.

Most of all, i would like to thank my Folks, for supporting my habits/Addiction.Thanks you!!!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Last edited by Shades fan; July 12th, 2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old July 12th, 2008, 08:47 PM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: Saratoga Slugfest, Post Thread!

Points Points Killed
1 Benji 13 2850
2 Tim S 13 2770
3 Einars Puppy 12 2700
4 Onacara 11 2850
5 Ollie 11 2822
6 Kinseth 11 2687
7 Bryan K 11 2589
8 Tablewalker 10 2558
9 Coyote 10 2368
10 NYYS 10 2358
11 Sjsapper 9 2113
12 Dillion 8 2413
13 Andrew S 8 2253
14 Uprising 7 2424
15 Josh W 7 2218
16 Zombie Knight 7 2170
17 Anthony Jr 6 2097
18 Robert DD 6 1689
19 Joseph S 5 2191
20 Kathy 5 2037
21 Shades Fan 5 1905
22 Nargen 3 1703
23 Patrick S 3 1435
24 Nicky 3 1154

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old July 12th, 2008, 08:50 PM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I'll do a write-up later.

Great event, had a blast. Almost got it done, was 4-0(had 3 three point wins and 1 two point win going into the last round) and lost Worst of all I got crushed like 600-350 and took me out of any chance of getting 3rd.

Ah well better luck next time

My tournament record overall is now 7-2(not too shabby )

Must got some dinner, I'll post my tourny report and thank you's later.
  1. Cyprien
  2. 3x Wolves of Badru
  3. Airborn Elite
  4. Krav Maga Agents

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old July 12th, 2008, 10:43 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

The Onacara clan is home after another fun day of Scaping.

First and foremost THANKS Shades and family for hosting such a great event me and the boys had a blast. (Dylan only mentioned about 20 times on the way home how he wants to play you Shades...Anthony Jr wants a crack at Ollie)

To Ollie, RobertDD, nyys, Uprising and sjscaper. It was great seeing you all again...it felt like it was only 14 days ago when we last hung out...oh yeah it was.

Taebelwalker, Kinseth, Coyote and Benji...it was nice seeing you again and getting to play against each of you. (I will talk more about this in my "battle report") It was also nice to see Kathy again and to meet Nicky Jr.

To the new people I met...Tim S and his boys..it was nice meeting you guys and I hope we will see you guys at a few more events. Tim your youngest is the epitomy of what makes this game so great. I was hoping to win just so I could give him the trophy. (I am not even sure Tim is on this site so whoever knows him pass on my well wishes to him and his dad too)

ZombieKnight...it was nice meeting you and I hope you enjoyed your first of hopefully many tournaments.

Einar's Puppy....see I am not a bad guy after all right? My son had fun playing you in that practice game...maybe you and I can lock horns next time. An extra special thanks to your mom and dad for bringing you.
Old July 12th, 2008, 11:11 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My army was
Realin (I know, I'm ashamed!)
Krav
3x 10th Foot
Zelrig

I went 4-1 mostly due to luck with the dice, and because my Isamu is on Steriods. I have never in my life seen Isamu make the comeback to win the game...but any
way, that was a great match Uprising. And Onacara, I hope I get the chance eventually.

I said this in the other thread (oh and yes Shades, I did enjoy it ):

Quote:
Well, let me thank everyone involved in making this tournament as good as it was, because it was really quite awesome. (The pizza break was a nice touch .) The give a prize get prize was a great idea, because everyone won something, there really weren't any losers. And Onacara, no your not evil, I'm sorry. (Though I did beat you .)

And judging from that, the community here is great. I did not meet a single person I didn't like, everyone was very nice. Though, I am beginning to fear Keamon for what he did to my army in the game I lost o.O.

And I noticed, there was a ton of different ways my name was said.

EE-nar's...
EYE-nar's...
AIN-ar's...
(Ain as in pain.)
Now, battle reports...
Center table batle feild
First match was against a guy named Bryon, who had the elves. I had to lost 2 squads of tenth from the tiny starting zone. I started by getting height with Realin + Krav. I did a lot of damage, and killed Emiroon quick. When it was down to one Krav, realin,isamu, and Zelrig in the start zone (rain of flame killed the 10th) I brought in Zlerig, and he did great for his rolls, narrowing it down in three turns to Zelrig, krav, isamu against 2 wound Ulginesh, and a two wound Jordawn. Zelrig engaged them, and it came down to the wire, Zelrig managed to kill Ulginesh, then died, and the krav picked off Jordawn. His isamu gave me a run for my money, but Realin struck him down.

Match two was the same battlefield against Tablewalker's 2 of each hound and Keamon, and Isamu (I'm not exactly sure how many hounds he had). He had extra terrain, so I was safe on start zones. I started by doing a ton of damage with Zelrig, killing a whole squad of both hounds by turn two. Then Keamon went on a rampage, and decimated my army. I was only able to put two wounds on him before biting the big one. I killed 300 points, but I lost.

Fire isles
Match three was against Shades and his whopping 10x zombies (.) I started with Zelrig, who killed 14 Zombies by turn two. His zombies did minimal damage, I disengaged from three of them at one, and killed more zombies. After that, Zelrig died, and all my krav died from lava damage. Then, with his depleted Zombies, we traded blows for a few turns with his zombies and my 10th. Isamu was rolling well for vanish, and the melee defence really helped me. throughout the whole tournament my luck was really good. Unfortunately for shades, his zombies couldn't be brought back fast enough. (should a brought shades )

Marr highway.

First round or two was just moving. That is a ridiculously long map. So, his Microcorp did well early on, killing a few 10th, and then Realin backed them up and the tenth killed two of them. More movement, braxas spat some acid and killed some 10th, carr engaged Realin but she declined (sorry for the bad joke) and the Krav killed braxas. Carr killed the Krav, and more 10th came up. Carr died at some time or another, as did realin, and it was 4 Microcorp and James Murphy against a few 10th and Isamu, and zelrig. 10th killed a microcorp, zelrig failed majestic fires three times in a row, and Zelrig went down. eventually, bayonets killed the Microcorp who finally failed their saves. James killed both remaining 10th while taking a wound, and it was Isamu Vs. James...a round of movement followed. Isamu was able to attack first, did nothing, and then vanished the counter attack. Such was the next few rounds. Eventually, he had one wound left, and I got my Isamu to height off of very careful planing. Isamu never even gave James a chance as he rolled 3 skulls against James's two defense. that's the first time I've seen Isamu win a game. It was great, and the best match of the tournament for me at least.

Now the end game...

I don't know the name of the map, I just know it was map A .
I was against NYYS, who brought Vipers, their leader, and some Aubriens. I'm not sure to what extent the numbers were of those frenziers. Zelrig ran forward, and by round two had disengaged like mad, was badly wounded, and had killed 5 Aubrien, and 4 vipers. After that, there wasn't enough army left to give the 10th much hassle, and they killed a lot of Vipers. I think NYYS frenzied like, 3 times the whole game. I never even touched realin. though his Venoc warlord put up a heck of a fight.

I must say, in every game except the one I lost (I don't think I got initiative once) the dice were with me. My 10th were defending like champs, but the krav whiffed a little too much. realin also helped them defensivly, but a lot of times they did just fine with melee defense. I played agaisnt a few melee heavy armies, which helped me a lot. (10x zombies, a ton of vipers and Aubriens, more vipers than archers)

Well that's all folks.

Last edited by Einar's puppy; July 12th, 2008 at 11:43 PM.
Old July 12th, 2008, 11:44 PM
has been BANNED

Group photo.

Front Row (Dylan, Andrew S, Josh W, Nicky Jr, Patrick S, Joseph S) I may have some of the kids mixed up please correct me.
Second Row sitting(Coyote, Shades Mom, Kathy, Kinseth, Bryon, Tim S)
Third Row (Einar's Puppy, Ollie, ZombieKnight, Taeblewalker, Benji, SHades Fan, Anthony Jr.)
Last Row (Onacara, EP's Dad, RobertDD, EP's Mom, nyys, Uprising, sjscaper)

MORE PICS WILL BE POSTED ON THE NESA WEBSITE SHORTLY.

Last edited by Onacara; July 12th, 2008 at 11:53 PM.
Old July 12th, 2008, 11:49 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post

Group photo.
The more I look at it, the more I regret it wasn't the picture where I had my chin resting on my fast in a annoyed look

And whoa, Ollie DOES look like that shirt!
Old July 13th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

It was a great time! Kathy and I would like to say a big thank you to Shades Fan and family. Also, thanks to Kinseth and Uprising for working the computer scoring system. Thanks to everyone for making little Nicky feel welcome. That meant a lot to me.

Kathy would like to say it was great hanging out with Shades Fan's mom. She also wants a rematch with Dylan. Onacara, Kathy said you taught him well.

Now, for the battle report!

In game one, my army of 2x Deathstalkers, 2x Marrden Hounds, Kaemon Awa, Iskra Esenwein and the Rechets of Bogden met Shades Fan's 600 points of Zombies on a lava map. I won, but Shades managed to finally turn Kaemon Awa (the only non-Undead medium figure) into a zombie before the game was over. Iskra's Summoning worked right away, and that made it easier. I never had to put an order marker of the Deathstalkers.

In game two, Einar's Puppy began by sending out Zelrig and wasting about half of my Hounds and Deathstalkers before I even got a chance to move them out of the start zone. However, I put most of my order markers on Kaemon Awa and took him out. From there, it was touch and go for a bit, but Kaemon Awa managed to kill ungodly numbers of Krav, 10th Regiment of Foot Soldiers. In the end, I still hadn't put any order markers on the Deathstalkers.

That would change.

For game three, Onacara had Sacred Band, Parmenio, and 10th Regiment of Foot. Lots of them. I got the Rechets out, but they did little good. I took out a number of units, but somehow my Defense of 5 for my dogs didn't seem to be enough. After a tought fight, he beat me fair and square. There went my winning streak. I put order markers on the Deathstalkers.

For game four, NYYS brought out frenzying mayhem. I got Iskra's Summoning (again) right away, and I managed to Lethal Sting Mittens immediately. That victory was short-lived, as he managed to frenzy the Aubriens into killing Kaemon Awa before I could use him. From there, it was a battle of attrition where his Frenzy beat my Defense of 5. I killed quite a few Aubriens and Venocs, especially when Marro Plague decided to kick in, but to no avail.

In the last game, Andrew S. faced me with Charos, Raelin (SotM), DW8K and DW9K. Iskra died without summoning the Rechets (for once), but my Marrden Hounds really came into their own. They put several important wounds on Charos with Marro Plague, and Kaemon did some of the rest with Quick Release. I took out Raelin, and the Deathwalkers eventually fell to the odds of repeated attacks. He did a pretty good job of retreating with a heavily wounded Charos behind a ruin and bringing him back out for the endgame, but it wasn't enough. At one point, I realized that I had written the strategy guides for half the units in the game! Einar Puppy's mom said, "Sure, you wait until now to tell him!"

Coming in 8th out of 24 wasn't bad. I got a castle set which I gave to Taeblewalker Jr, and Kathy got a Grok set which she gave to me. She also won a gift certificate (thanks to NESA for providing the raffle and door prizes) which we will probably use to buy Jungle.

It was nice to see some familiar faces and put some new names to site names. Zombie Knight, ride on! RobertDD, I hope your "Mum" doesn't mind your coming home late for dinner. Good luck to your daughter in the Junior Olympics. Einar Puppy, it was great that your parents were able to bring you - they were very nice. Shades Fan's parents were very gracious hosts. Ollie, that shirt is priceless. Kudos to the Mass. guys for winning this round. The NESA badges were great.

A great time, and I can't wait for the next one!

Last edited by Taeblewalker; July 14th, 2008 at 12:39 AM.
Old July 13th, 2008, 07:23 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
It was a great time! Kathy and I would like to say a big thank you to Shades Fan and family. Also, thanks to Kinseth and Uprising for working the computer scoring system. Thanks to everyone for making little Nicky feel welcome. That meant a lot to me.

Kathy would like to say it was great hanging out with Shades Fan's mom. She also wants a rematch with DYLAN. Onacara, Kathy said you taught him well.
It's always nice for a dad to hear stuff like this but tell her sometimes i think he teaches me.

Quote:
Coming in 8th out of 24 wasn't bad. I got a castle set which I gave to Taeblewalker Jr, and Kathy got a Grok set which she gave to me. She also won a gift certificate (thanks to NESA for providing the raffle and door prizes) which we will probably use to buy Jungle.
I didn't provide the raffle and door prizes, NESA did through generous donations from our sponsors.

Quote:
The NESA badges were great.

Glad you liked them.
Old July 13th, 2008, 09:12 AM
has been BANNED

ATTENTION We are missing an army card. Can everyone check to see if they have an extra card they may have picked up? And for the few people who are not members here can someone else ask them?

Thanks.
Old July 13th, 2008, 12:10 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Got back home safe and sound last night around midnight... yikes! Normally would have been 11pm but there was still traffic due to a tanker exploding on the highway earlier in the day (5am). Apparently the heat was so intense that the truck fused to the road and they actually had to bring in a highway crew and chop-up two lanes and repave... and the driver actually survived (escaped the truck before the explosion apparently).

OK, back to the event. Great job Shades and Kinseth (+ rep on its way), I really liked the scoring system that we used (giving credit for a 'good' loss), something I think worth considering for the next BatB.

Big thanks for Mom and Dad Shades and an extra thanks for the pizza and drinks.

Oh, and I must say the venue was great. When I first saw that the location was at a place called Bobs Trees I had no idea what to expect. Would we be playing out in the woods? In a shed? For those who were not there it turned out to be a function room at a Christmas Tree Farm, it was perfect (that place must be really great during the holidays).

Onto my battles.

My army Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers x5, Aubrien Archers x4

1 vs RobertDD and all those Zombies. We couldn't have drawn a worse map for this match, can't remember the name, but it was soooooooo long and the Zombies took forever to get across. But in the end there wasn't much I could do, with 15 Vipers on the board with 0 defense that was 15 Zombies that were able to come back. I must have killed 25, but at the end of the game only 6 were actually dead. ugh!

2 vs SJscaper
First, win or lose vs SJscaper and you're going to have fun. I'm not sure I've played a more laid back game, it was a privilege.

It was on Fire Isles which is great for the Vipers to begin with and then I went Frenzy Crazy. I was able to kill off all the Einar Imperium before they were able to be used, then from there the odds were a bit too overwhelming to come back from.

3 vs Dylan (little Onacara) and his insane Dragon threesome of Zelrig, Braxas and Nilfheim.

I have no idea how I managed to win this match. Once I saw Zelrig I figure I was finished. I put all my OMs on Vipers to start and prayed for initiative and Frenzy. I got both somehow and was able to get 3 Vipers across the board (all spaced apart) and adjacent to Z, which forced him to attacke one at a time and keep him away from my start zone. Add in some Frenzy and I was able to kill Z before he did any serious damage.

After that I just started getting some sick rolls from my Aubriens and took Braxas down in 2 turns. After that it was swarm time on Nilf and I just had too much left from him to be affective.

4 vs Tablewalker
Going in I was definitely afraid of all those defense 5 Hounds and Deathstalkers, and it got even worse when he was able to summon the Retchets and lethal sting Mittens immediately.

Enter Frenzy Gate. This was the game I easily Frenzied the most with the key being able to kill off Kaemon Awa before TW was able to use him. Then I was able to Frenzy more and kill off entire squads that had all his OMs on them, which meant I got three free turns for one whole round. Had I just frenzied one or two less times I think the outcome would have been vastly different. Great to meet and play you TW.

5 vs Einar's Puppy
Another Zelrig and a lot of 10th foot, plus the Krav (and Raelin I think). The key to this (loss for me) I think was EP's great strategic move to allow my Vipers to take a free swipe (of which I missed) disengaging and getting to my start zone where he proceeded to kill 5 Aubriens and 2 Vipers in one majestic fire shot. Were I able to hold Z back for just one more turn I may have pulled this one out.

Mittens turned out to be huge at the end and took out the Krav and a couple 10th which allowed me to at least score a point for the match.

Future opponent's beware EP is nasty (and I mean that in a good way).

Again, great tourney, sign me up for the next Slugfest. Great to put some more faces with monikers... oh and Shades Dad, Uprising and me may share the same real name (Paul), but I am not Uprising... there is only one Uprising.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old July 13th, 2008, 12:24 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Had a blast. Thanks for hosting Shades and thanks for running the scoring Kinseth. I think if we do another Chaos in the Capital this winter, we should use your scoring method.

Good to see everyone again and meet some new people. Einar's Puppy, you owe me a re-match .

NYYS and I share the same real name so he gets auto-cool points in my book.

I went with:
  • Braxas 210
  • Agent Carr 100
  • James Murphy 75
  • Otonashi 10
  • 2x Microcorp 200
Nothing but Vydar this time around. I went 2-3, losing to Tom, Ollie, and Einar's Puppy. I won against Patrick and Onacara Jr.

Good times.

"One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain"
http://web.bobmarley.com/index.jsp

"It's not a lie, if you believe it" - George Costanza

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events