Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

View Poll Results: Which large expansion sets should we buy first?
Fortress of the Archkyrie 5 9.09%
Road to the Forgotten Forest 41 74.55%
Thaelenk Tundra 3 5.45%
Volcarren Wasteland 0 0%
Ticalla Jungle (If it's out then) 6 10.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 9th, 2008, 03:47 PM
PinkGuy

serpentor is surprisingly tart
Large Expansion Packs

Okay, You guys told me what packs and such to buy. I am shopping around for them and I'm grateful for the advise. The friend I have that has been playing Heroscape for a while doesn't have any of the large expansion packs. I think we're going to buy 2-3 of them when we get are first paycheck this summer. Which ones should we buy?

-Serpentor-
Old June 9th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Large Expansion Packs

Try using the search feature to help reduce threads about this topic, their are about 100 of them.
Start here!
It is very helpful.
I would suggest doing a quick search, and see what you like.
Or go by this
If you have some SotM's you want to add spice to buy the Jungle
If you want to spice up the RotV set buy RttFF
If you like Heroes buy a hero set!
If you like Lava or Snow buy them.
I would stay away from the castle for now!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old June 9th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Not strategy

Start with Road to the Forgotten Forrest, then get Ticalla Jungle, then FotA, then TT then VW.
Old June 9th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Not strategy

Start with Road to the Forgotten Forrest, Orm's Return and Raknar's Vision. Then Get Aquilla's Alliance and Ticalla Jungle.
Wow no link, I'm surprised!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old June 9th, 2008, 04:26 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Not strategy

Start with Road to the Forgotten Forrest, then get Ticalla Jungle, then FotA, then TT then VW.
This post is very wise. You should listen to it. Though, if you can actually find some TT and VW and have money sitting around (and it's not too expensive) you can snatch it up anyway. They're both a bit hard to find, last I heard.

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old June 9th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Are you just talking about terrain exspasions, or talking about the figure and terrain exspasions?

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old June 9th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

I can't vote on this yet because the Ticalla Jungle set isn't out yet. RTFF is the best terrain expansion at the moment, but I'm waiting to see if I end up liking the jungle better.
Old June 9th, 2008, 05:31 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The road was listed as the #1 expansion pack, so I think it's safe to assume it's a good first pack. Personally, I would get a few more small packs before a big one. Also good choices are the fortress, as it can give you some really fun scenarios, if you already have a few set Ticalla's Jungle, and if you don't want to buy many small expansions, as you would rather have terrain, then SOTM is the release for you!

Also to be noted, the hero's of Lindsfarme pack brings us some of the best heros in the game, so if you want power that is a good choice.
Old June 9th, 2008, 06:38 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

RttFF is the best out now, but the Jungle may top it... we'll have to see.
Old June 9th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB View Post
Quote:
Not strategy

This post is very wise. You should listen to it. Though, if you can actually find some TT and VW and have money sitting around (and it's not too expensive) you can snatch it up anyway. They're both a bit hard to find, last I heard.
There are some VW's in TRU in Middletown, NY. PM me if you want me to pick one up.

Old June 10th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Honestly, were I doing it today, I'd be tempted to get two sets of FotA and two of the Jungle and forgo RttFF initially. I mean, I'd get around to it eventually, but around me it seems harder to find, I like the look of the jungle trees better than the pine trees, and the game mechanics they add are cooler. Not to mention that I like the spiders better as units than that big silly 25 point wolf.
And if you get FotA, you get way more road tiles than you get in a RttFF set. The one thing RttFF has that's hard to duplicate, though, is those bridge connectors that allow you to more easily build bridges. But even then, the castle set has plenty of pillars you can use as bridge supports if you choose.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 10th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

TJ will probably take first place, but RttFF will remain the next best thing, in my opinion and experience.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles