Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old August 31st, 2007, 09:05 AM

Talyn knows what's in an order marker Talyn knows what's in an order marker Talyn knows what's in an order marker
Engagement question

If ive got a figure thats just ecome engaged to two figures by moving next to them, do i have to attack them both, or do i just have to choose which one to attack, and vice versa, they both have to attack me correct?

Old August 31st, 2007, 09:18 AM

ASmiles Woo who?
You are not required to attack anything. The rule is that if you are engaged, you must attack that figure before you attack figures that you are not engaged with.

If you are engaged with multiple figures, you may attack any (or all depending on the attack) of the engaged figures.

If your opponents choose not to disengage from you, and were not also engaged with other figures, then yes they would need to attack you before they could attack other non-engaged figures.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old August 31st, 2007, 10:06 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASmiles
If your opponents choose not to disengage from you, and were not also engaged with other figures, then yes they would need to attack you before they could attack other non-engaged figures.
Thus the beauty of the death reavers -- they are great for getting in and tying up range squads at only 40 pts/squad of 4 a couple of squads of these can fit into almost any army and their defense of 4 will hold up against most range units which tend to have lower attacks. Giving you the chance to pick-off your opponents range units with your own range units while the roborats hold them down. The scatter is also great, since if they do kill one, you can usually just move another in to take his place.
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:00 AM

sachsen Woo who?
Re: Engagement question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn
If ive got a figure thats just ecome engaged to two figures by moving next to them, do i have to attack them both, or do i just have to choose which one to attack, and vice versa, they both have to attack me correct?
To reiterate, you do not HAVE to attack anyone. But if you are engaged, you cannot attack anyone other than who you are engaged with.

Note that this does not apply to special ABILITIES such as Braxas's Acid Breath - that can be used on other non-adjacent figures even if your Braxas is engaged with someone else.
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:03 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Also remember that you can only attack the number of times your card allows. So you can't attack them both in the same turn unless you have Double Attack or some such.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 1st, 2007, 09:17 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Also remember that you can only attack the number of times your card allows. So you can't attack them both in the same turn unless you have Double Attack or some such.
"some such" being Master Woo and the Shaolin monks, for example.
Old September 1st, 2007, 09:19 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
And the New and Improved Raelin.
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:13 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
I read somewhere that if your own figure is engaged you can't walk through it with another fig. I don't remember who said it but I can't find anything about it. Is that true?
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It is true; you need ghostwalk, flying, or something that mimics flying to move through an engaged friendly figure.
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:56 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
Where can I find that info written down? The people I play with need proof. Thanks.

EDIT: I just looked in the rulebook for the 20th time and finally saw it.
Old September 5th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
And the New and Combat, not Defensively Improved Raelin.
It seems that you have made a mistake, allow me to correct it...

Anyways. Even with special attacks, you have to attack someone that you are adjacent to. If a special attack cannot be used on adjacent figures (such as Deadeye Dan's Ullar Enhanced Rifle Special Attack), then you can't use it when engaged.

Nukatha is Acolarh...
in THE BLUEST OF ALL BLUE CAVES
Old September 5th, 2007, 09:16 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
I got a quick engagement question for ya. To be engaged, all you have to do is walk next to an enemy correct? Or do you have to attack them first?

Insanity is the best medicine.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's