Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old January 7th, 2020, 01:37 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Classic League: Special Event - Worst Christmas Gift Eve

Quote:

GINGERBREAD ROUND

HANS GRUBER DIVISION

Chris Perkins v. Ericth74
Chris Perkins (7000 Elves with Weak Stone Spears): Ashigaru Yari x2, Sahaugin Raider x2, Sudema, Acolarh, Deathwalker 7000, Kyntella Gwyn
Ericth74 (Ladies, some ghosts, and a side of fishsticks): Shades of Bleakwood x2, Sahuagin Raider x5, Ana Karithon, Kelda, Shiori
Playing Thursday, 1/9, at 8 pm EST

---------------------------------------------

Edit: I got the win in a tight game.

We each opened with our commons in round 1, and by the end of the round 2 of my shades were dead along with 4 of Eric's Yari (who were now boosted by Astrid).

Eric won init in round 2 and killed one more shade with the Yari. My shades then killed 2 yari, including the one on Astrid. Eric had 2 OMs on 7K, who moved up and killed one of my blocking Raiders. I used my remaining shades to pick off various straggler units over the next 2 OMs plus putting one on Astrid; I killed one more Yari, a Raider, and put 1 wound on Kyntella, plus threw a few dice down at 7K on my OM3 (missed).

Round 3, Eric put 2 OMs on 7K (OM3 on Sudema) and I went all on Shades. I got a few devour rolls in on 7K & Acolarh, but nothing went through. My first 2 attacks (from height) on 7K missed and 7K killed 2 Shades (3 v. 5 s). I sent my last Shade in for one last hit on 7K and it brought down 7K. Sudema then stoned the last Shade.

Round 4, I split OMs between Ana & Kelda. I was able to put 2 wounds on Sudema, but Sudema's 3rd stone roll hit Ana with a 17. Eric's last Raider also got engaged to Ana this round, but Ana killed him.

Round 5, I went OM1 on a raider & 2/3 on Shiori. The raider got an attack of 4 in on Sudema, but missed. Sudema killed the raider. Shiori moved up adjacent to Sudema and took a glyph, getting the Heroic Ruin and finished off Sudema with 2 attacks of 4 over the 2 OMs.

At this point, I had Shiori + Kelda v. Acolarh + Kyntella (1 life) + 1 Yari.

Round 6, Shiori grabbed another glyph and hit the last Yari from range while Acolarh moved in. Shiori took one ranged shot at Acolarh which missed, but Acolarh then moved adjacent in a way that Shiori was able to get on Astrid the next move and get an attack of 5 in, which did 3 wounds. Acolarh got Shiori down to 2 life.

Round 7, I went heavy on Kelda and won init. Kelda healed Shiori up and finished Acolarh, then grabbed the Ring of Protection.

Round 8, Kelda & Kyntella traded shots; Kyntella got Kelda down to 2 life (including a 0/6 with ring of protection on one roll), but Kelda finally got an attack through to finish Kyntella and end the game.

gg Ericth74

Last edited by Chris Perkins; January 9th, 2020 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Game Result
Old January 7th, 2020, 04:16 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think we should always name armies!!! The names rock!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old January 7th, 2020, 06:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

@infectedsloth and I going tomorrow at 5 PT/7 CT
Old January 9th, 2020, 07:28 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
@infectedsloth and I going tomorrow at 5 PT/7 CT
Trying for the same time next Wednesday instead.
Old January 12th, 2020, 09:39 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Scrooge Division

infectedsloth v. Arrow Grut
infectedsloth: Marro Drudge x2, Morsbane, Kelda, Saylind, Sahuagin Raider x6
Arrow Grut (Map Control?!?): Ashigaru Yari x2, Earth Elemental x2, Acolarh, Deathwalker 7000, Sir Hawthorne, Kyntela Gwyn, Otonashi

Going down at 12 PM Central/1 PM Eastern today!

Edit:

After 3 hours, Hawthorne turning twice (!), Raiders who refused to die, an effective 12-life Morsbane and 9-life Hawthorne, I barely eeked out a win. GG I_S, good luck in your next games.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by Arrow Grut; January 12th, 2020 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Result
Old January 13th, 2020, 11:25 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I watched that one and it was bonkers. Morsbane almost ran out of negation markers. I think it was a very tough call for you to negate Hawthorne or not losing the chance for a 3rd Stab, but rolling a natural 20 works out too.
Old January 13th, 2020, 07:05 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
I watched that one and it was bonkers. Morsbane almost ran out of negation markers. I think it was a very tough call for you to negate Hawthorne or not losing the chance for a 3rd Stab, but rolling a natural 20 works out too.
Yeah, I wasn't sure what the right decision was either. I thought if I kept using it, I could at least keep up psuedo-ranged pressure and even though he had heroic rune, getting a third chance to win (Stab, attacking (which he was down to one life) and negating into oblivion) seemed important. Hawthorne scares me in this format on raw stats alone, and I_S using his so well to force the drudge back and ultimately finish them off was masterful. Despite only having Hawthorne for one activation, I believe that I came out ahead with Stab, as I_S was betrayed on his first OM of a round and lost two order markers, whereas I was betrayed with only one OM on him.

Overall, it was very well played by I_S. Luck wasn't going my way at the beginning, but I can't complain; he lost so many order markers based on dice rolls alone (he had two OMs on DWK in my startzone, and I destroyed him right before he was able to act; a detonation would have killed 2 drudge at least) I think that was what allowed me to come back.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old January 15th, 2020, 11:52 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Well I think Sir Hawthorne is a clever pick for this format. It's interesting for sure though every time he sees an order marker, but you're right that Stab that occurred on OM1 when I_S had all his order markers was especially brutal because you were able to do some startzone damage and gain positioning that was key for the later fight.

On a general event note, we have half the games played (for the regular season) and I know a few more are scheduled this week.
Old January 16th, 2020, 03:52 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Vegie and I are on for tonight at 7pm Mountain Time.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old January 16th, 2020, 11:02 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Vegie and I are on for tonight at 7pm Mountain Time.
Just finished. And holy cow what a game.

On pen and paper, Vegie's drudge should've shredded through my Yari, but due to low attacks (or blanking on attacks) and my Yari rolling superb defense, I was able to bring them forward and take out about 2 squads of drudge and thankfully (more luckily) the Marro Hive. From that point the remaining drudge went to work taking out the last yari then advancing to start attacking my heroes. Morsbane came within inches of death as he was pelted by suddenly attacks. The Druge seemed to start taking control of the board, but they fizzled and Morsbane lived on - eventually claiming the Glyph of Kelda. By this point, I had a full life Morsbane, nearly dead Acolarh, 1 life Dead Eye, and Deathwalker 7000 against Vegie's Dead Eye Dan. I bring up Morsbane who has been freshly healed and Vegie rolls a 19 to instakill him. Dead Eye proceeds to snipe Acolarh and kill him to finish out the round.
Finally it's my 1-life Dead Eye and DW7000 against his Deadeye. DW7000 was luckily able to make use of glaciers to get adjacent to DeadEye and take him out for the win.

Great game Vegie!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old January 16th, 2020, 11:03 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Fun game between me and Flash. I got off to a rough start before the game started when I found out I couldn't walk my Drudge through the Hive, and on this board Hive can only be placed where it blocks access to the central height. So my Drudge had to play the corners. Flash ran in with the Yari and I had a really rough time getting kills on them, but he had a rough time on my Drudge too. I didn't kill a Yari until the middle of the second round, and that included 1 disengage and 1 lava roll on the Yari. He didn't kill a Drudge aside from the one that died from lava until one turn before I did. We traded Drudge and Yari for a few turns until it was just two Yari in combat and tw0 Yari way behind vs. four Drudge in my startzone. Flash made an aggressive call to go for my 3 life Hive and killed it in 2 attacks of 2v3, losing me an OM. I did fire back to clear out the Yari eventually, but I was way down. I deployed my Earth Elemental to Wannok, and cleared out a Sag Raider. My last four Drudge were incredible, killing all the Yari and piling 4 wounds on to Morsbane and two wounds to Deadeye Dan in one single turn where they took the lava height. After that turn, they went cold and only managed one more wound on Morsbane. I was too greedy going for damage on Morsbane though, and allowed him to work his way to the Kelda glyph. Wannok killed another Sag Raider and did two wounds to Acolarh. Acolarh ran at the Earth Elemental on the glyph, and they traded blows for a bit until Acolarh came out on top. Kelda flew in to steal Wannok from Acolarh, but she rolled a 1 and died. After that it was just Dan left for me. The high life Morsbane ran at him, and I had no choice but to attempt the 19 or 20 instakill with the one turn I had before the elf wizard engaged me, and of course I got it. From there it was actually a manageable game for me. Flash had 3 1-life heroes that my Dan could instantly kill 50% of the time: 4 wound Acolarh, 2 wound Dan, and DW7k. I killed Acolarh in two tries, but was too far away from Wannok to claim it because Dan can't move and use his special. The next round I set up for Wannok, standing in the center of a lava 7 hex, hoping to force DW7K to either take the lava wound or allow me Wannok or allow me a 50/50 instakill on him, but Flash made a smart move to hide DW7K directly behind the glacier that Dan was standing next to. My only real play left was to take the Wannok, even though it would only kill Dan, and hope I won initiative and instakilled the Deathwalker before he engaged Dan's special powers. I didn't get the initiative, and Deathwalker killed Dan two turns later. Crazy game, lots of fun.
Old January 17th, 2020, 07:43 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great event.
Why can you not move through your own Hive?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events