Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old December 29th, 2019, 08:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Ronin's Public Workshopping Thread

Been a long time since I read it but that looks pretty good. 6 Life feels high though.
Old December 29th, 2019, 10:18 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Looks fun, I'm digging all your Spider designs lately. He'd be perfect for a January 2099 SSE.
Old December 30th, 2019, 10:11 AM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I like it! Would definitely love to see Mr 2099.
Old December 30th, 2019, 03:20 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Groovy. Glad people are generally digging it.

Marvel just recently (finally) made Warren Ellis' Doom 2099 stuff available on Comixology, so I want to reread that and take another shot at writing up the 2099 version of Doom next time it's on sale. Wish they had the John Francis Moore run on Doom available as well, but I'll take what I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
In my draft from like 10 years ago I think I had swinging, gliding, and claws. So pretty similar overall, though Stealth Dodge is a good addition here.

The "extra normal attack" thing feels kind of funky to me... not sure I'm a fan. It's novel but it doesn't really read right to me - like that, or an extra special attack, or gliding, it's just sort of a funky power.

I agree that Scientist isn't a good fit, something in the Vigilante genre feels right. Operates outside the law, fights the power, that sort of character.
We already have SAs that let you use a normal attack (Green Goblin and Aquaman (II) off the top of my head), so I don't think the SA is too out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Been a long time since I read it but that looks pretty good. 6 Life feels high though.
Yeah, 6 Life might be high. I was worried about him dropping too easily to melee attackers, which is why I went 6 over 5, but I'd probably need to actually get him on the battlefield and play with him to see what felt right.
Old December 30th, 2019, 06:23 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Does he take on any heavy hitters in the comics?
I remember the whole superhero scene being fairly weak in 2099, well besides Hulk, Doom and GR.
Old December 30th, 2019, 06:38 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

He fights Alchemax's fake Asgardians, and Venom (both the original Venom and the Venom of 2099). I think those guys mostly clean his clock, though, so maybe it's fair that he doesn't need a ton of durability.
Old December 31st, 2019, 08:27 AM

The fake Asgardians were who I was trying to remember. This guy is pretty raw to start but not sure if he comes into his own later.
Old December 31st, 2019, 11:45 AM
Symbiotic

Not sure either.

I'll check out the 2014-2017 run at some point; Miguel gets stranded in the present day in that one (and it's written by the same writer as the old book). It happens later in Miguel's personal timeline, and might provide a little more context for how he stacks up against other supers.
Old December 31st, 2019, 11:49 AM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Not sure either.

I'll check out the 2014-2017 run at some point; Miguel gets stranded in the present day in that one (and it's written by the same writer as the old book). It happens later in Miguel's personal timeline, and might provide a little more context for how he stacks up against other supers.
Is that right before Superior? That was all pretty good. Miguel is definitely on par with Spider-Man, but I don't really see him being any tougher, so I'm fine with just 5 life personally.
Old December 31st, 2019, 11:59 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Not sure either.

Is that right before Superior? That was all pretty good.
I think the newer Spidey 2099 book would have launched either during or after Superior.

Quote:
Miguel is definitely on par with Spider-Man, but I don't really see him being any tougher, so I'm fine with just 5 life personally.
I don't think he's tougher, but I think he's scrappier and takes it on the chin more often.

In general, Spider-Man's Life/Defense are lower than they really ought to be to balance out the spider-sense, so I don't really see it as an issue to go a little higher on Spider-Folks without that.
Old December 31st, 2019, 12:05 PM
One time at band camp...

True, Kaine is a bit beefier. Ben we kept a bit lower, but I kind of had it in my head that it leaves the option for another version of him to come in higher.
Old December 31st, 2019, 12:36 PM
Symbiotic

I'd love to see a Spider-Man (Ben Reilly) someday. Ben is a great character and he's underappreciated because the Clone Saga was such a mess.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project