Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 4th, 2015, 06:03 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Reaper Unicorn (Design/Brainstorm

I believe it'd be fun if the Unicorn could carry a small or medium hero, then heal that hero at the end of its turn.

So in other words a healing power that consistently heals 1 wound to small or medium heroes, but doesn't effect large+ figures.
Old February 4th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

So basically the exact opposite of what I like, eh? Well bring it on!

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)

Last edited by Killometer; February 4th, 2015 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Everone's entitled to their own opinion, even when that opinion is wrong. :p
Old February 4th, 2015, 09:54 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What's the point of giving him Carry or Legendary Creature X if his sole purpose is to fully restore Braxas/Charos once and then assumedly die for lack of things to do? Seems counterintuitive to his original purpose, imo.

I do admittedly like Kilo's healing idea, but if it were only for small/medium figures then it'd be a little pointless and if not then it'd really only be for the big dragons. It seems thematically weird to me.

~TAF, who of course doesn't have any better ideas.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 4th, 2015, 10:15 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
So basically the exact opposite of what I like, eh? Well bring it on!
I liked your idea, I just thought I'd throw another counterpart in.
Old February 5th, 2015, 12:56 AM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
What's the point of giving him Carry or Legendary Creature X if his sole purpose is to fully restore Braxas/Charos once and then assumedly die for lack of things to do?
That's why I'd like to see him have a solid stat line, even though then he'd cost more. Then he'd still offer solid clean-up potential even after you take advantage of his keystone power.

Something like 6/8/1/5/3(+3) would mean OMs on him could actually do some damage, instead of just hoping for a miracle with a cheaper unit with something more like 5/6/1/3/3. I'd gladly pay the premium for a figure that I'd think could accomplish something.

Last edited by Killometer; February 5th, 2015 at 01:09 AM. Reason: I said "something" too much, but I'm too tired to figure out how to reword all that.
Old February 5th, 2015, 06:33 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I am happy with all designs so far. Any in particular you guys want to see some tests for?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 5th, 2015, 09:04 PM

That's probably @johnny139 's prerogative, but here's a fairly complete version of my current vision for us to start over:

Quote:
Unicorn

Life 6
Move 8
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 3
Points 140

Restorative Horn
Chose a figure adjacent to the Unicorn. If you roll a 7 or higher on the d20 remove all wound markers from that figure's card. If the targeted figure is Valiant you may add 6 to your roll. If the targeted figure is Terrifying subtract 6 from your roll. Unicorn may only use this once per game.

Legendary Creature 3
My design thoughts:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Killometer; February 5th, 2015 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Cleaned up excess periods.
Old February 5th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

We're still in the brainstorm phase here - if people would prefer to keep doing that freeform, sounds good to me. I personally like the idea of people coming up with some fully-formed designs and deciding as a group on one to work with.

...so what Killometer is doing, yeah.
Old February 5th, 2015, 09:13 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

As a mod to Kilometer's design, what if the horn power used a marker, that would be removed when the unicorn uses the horn ability? If a figure killed the unicorn while it had the marker, the figure who killed it gets the marker.

Another, hopefully less confusing way: If the unicorn didn't use the horn ability this game, and somebody killed the unicorn, the somebody can use the unicorn's ability.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old February 5th, 2015, 09:19 PM

That would basically be back to a treasure glyph, which we went away from after the vote.

I didn't bother to include a marker because Atlaga provides a precedent for markerless single use powers, and I like limiting the wordage and the targeted figure doesn't need to be marked after the Horn is used.

And it's KilLometer.

Old February 5th, 2015, 09:29 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

@Killometer I wonder if it will still tag...

Also, that will be a fine version to test.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 5th, 2015, 09:35 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Oh, that's fine KilLometer. I like how it's a healer that can heal and can deal damage. Legendary creatures helps against squads. I think we should test this one out.

Oops, rolled a 1.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards