Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old May 16th, 2019, 08:17 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Dalinar Kholin
Jandar

Human
Unique Hero
Knight
Valiant? Regretful?
Medium 6

Life: 5
Move: 4
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 4

Sharblade
When Dalinar attacks a figure without the Shardplate special power add 4 to his attack. If Dalinar is attacking a figure with the Shardplate special power, that figure does not roll additional defense dice from that power.

Shardplate
If there is 1 wound or fewer on this Army Card add +2 to Dalinar's move and +4 to his defense. If there are 2-3 wounds on this Army Card add +1 to Dalinar's move and +2 to his defense.

Losing the Thrill
After Dalinar destroys a figure you must immediately roll a 20 sided die. On a roll of 7 or lower remove all unrevealed Order Markers from this Army Card. Daliner may not move or attack for the rest of the round.

Here's a new draft. Since Shardplate now includes losing defense and adding move I figured the bit about losing the defense bonus could be included in the Shardblade power.

For personality I'm a little on the fence. Valiant and Regretful both describe who he is but if he could only be summed up in one word I would have to say Valiant.

Fluff wise Dalinar has dedicated his whole life to being a nobel man who champions honor and virtue. Even people who don't like him still respect him for his strong moral beliefs.

Mechanic wise I would rather stick with Valiant as it offers him synergy options and is an 'official' personality whereas 'Regretful' isn't.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 22nd, 2019, 12:57 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
Dalinar Kholin
Jandar

Human
Unique Hero
Knight
Valiant? Regretful?
Medium 6

Life: 5
Move: 4
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 4

Sharblade
When Dalinar attacks a figure without the Shardplate special power add 4 to his attack. If Dalinar is attacking a figure with the Shardplate special power, that figure does not roll additional defense dice from that power.

Shardplate
If there is 1 wound or fewer on this Army Card add +2 to Dalinar's move and +4 to his defense. If there are 2-3 wounds on this Army Card add +1 to Dalinar's move and +2 to his defense.

Losing the Thrill
After Dalinar destroys a figure you must immediately roll a 20 sided die. On a roll of 7 or lower remove all unrevealed Order Markers from this Army Card. Daliner may not move or attack for the rest of the round.

Here's a new draft. Since Shardplate now includes losing defense and adding move I figured the bit about losing the defense bonus could be included in the Shardblade power.

For personality I'm a little on the fence. Valiant and Regretful both describe who he is but if he could only be summed up in one word I would have to say Valiant.

Fluff wise Dalinar has dedicated his whole life to being a nobel man who champions honor and virtue. Even people who don't like him still respect him for his strong moral beliefs.

Mechanic wise I would rather stick with Valiant as it offers him synergy options and is an 'official' personality whereas 'Regretful' isn't.
What about:

SHARDPLATE
Dalinar Kholin starts the game with 3 Stormlight markers on his Army Card and adds 1 to his Defense and Move for each Stormlight marker on his card. Each time Dalinar Kholin receives 2 or more wounds, remove a Stormlight marker from this card.

SHARDBLADE
When Dalinar Kholin attacks a figure with a normal attack, if the defending figure doesn't have the Shardblade or Shardplate power, it can only roll 1 defense die. If the figure has the Shardplate power, remove a Stormlight marker from the defending figure's Army Card for each damage dealt instead of for every 2 damage dealt.

Perhaps oomph to get past rat walls:
When Dalinar Kholin attacks a figure with a normal attack, choose up to two other adjacent figures to also be affected by the attack. Defending figures that don't have the Shardblade or Shardplate power only roll 1 defense die. [...]

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; May 22nd, 2019 at 10:24 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 11:33 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This latest version enables Dalinar to really carve up the battlefield, making each order marker more valuable to offset the disastrous drawback of losing everything.

Old June 5th, 2019, 07:55 PM

@McHotcakes , @Taeblewalker , @Zetsubo , @Tornado , @William099 , @JC McMinis any thoughts on developments?

Old June 5th, 2019, 08:17 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I like how he looks.

Old June 6th, 2019, 02:46 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post

This latest version enables Dalinar to really carve up the battlefield, making each order marker more valuable to offset the disastrous drawback of losing everything.
I think you're on to something. Tokens might be the best way to represent the Shardplate protection, but we'd have to work out how they effect his speed and defense differently. The way it's written now he'd be at 8 speed. And while he is fast, he's not that fast. I think we could drop his base move to 4 and then boost it through the power.

Quote:
Shardplate
Start the game with 2 Stormlight tokens on this Army Card. For every Stormlight token on this card add 1 to Dalinar's move and add 1 automatic shield whenever he rolls defense dice. For every 2 wounds Dalinar receives remove 1 Stormlight token from this card.
Quote:
Shardblade
When Dalinar attacks a figure without the Shardplate special power, then for every skull rolled add 1 automatic hit and subtract 1 from that figure's defense.
Shardblade is a hard power to represent. It not only increases it's users ability to kill but also decreases its victim's ability to defend. I think this version comes close to grabbing that feel.

I removed the part about Dalinar hitting two other figures as I thought that it might be over powered. With this new version of the power he can tear through most figure's defenses like a hot knife through butter. The potential to take out 3+ figures per turn seemed a tad much.

I also took out the part about removing shardplate's stormlight tokens because I think it would be too wordy and if they get hit they'll lose tokens regardless.

I think with these new changes we drop his move to 4 and bump his defense to 5. That way he essentially starts the game with 6 move and 7 defense.

Spoiler Alert!
Old June 6th, 2019, 11:22 PM

How about
SHARDBLADE
When Dalinar Kholin attacks a figure with a normal attack, if the defending figure doesn't have the Shardblade or Shardplate power, the most defense dice it may roll is one.

In research it said the blades cut through armor as if it weren't there, the body itself being the only defense.
Also said is that shardblades can block other shardblades.

Old June 6th, 2019, 11:47 PM

Quote:
How about
SHARDBLADE
When Dalinar Kholin attacks a figure with a normal attack, if the defending figure doesn't have the Shardblade or Shardplate power, the most defense dice it may roll is one.

In research it said the blades cut through armor as if it weren't there, the body itself being the only defense.
That's a nice idea. I thought about including the Shardblade as being immune to Shardblade too but I thought it would be too complicated but seeing it written out it looks fine.

With it written like this I think we could bump his attack up to 5.

Spoiler Alert!
Old June 7th, 2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:
How about
SHARDBLADE

That's a nice idea. I thought about including the Shardblade as being immune to Shardblade too but I thought it would be too complicated but seeing it written out it looks fine.

That's exactly what I did: Attack 3 --> 5; Move 5 --> 4

Old June 17th, 2019, 07:16 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My apologies for not being on the boards lately. Real life has been hectic. Also my PC has been in storage do to a remodel in my house that is why Spock has not made it in the display thread yet. I will fix this asap.
Old June 17th, 2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How about
SHARDBLADE

That's exactly what I did: Attack 3 --> 5; Move 5 --> 4
In that case I need to learn to read

Right, now I just think we need to settle on his point value.

PS
Was the website down for anyone else this past week?

Spoiler Alert!
Old June 17th, 2019, 08:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum