Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old March 28th, 2013, 09:08 AM

twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: TWilkerson's Maps & Scenarios 3-28-2013

New map added 3-28-2013. My best Scenario yet!

Heart of Desolation: Cold Harvest (download)

“Therefore after an arduous month of trekking with my comrades across the precarious reaches of the Unnamed Mountains, we arrived at that desolate place on the winter solstice. An isolated avalanche rumbled with an ominous deliberation above as we focused our torches on the ethereal white walls that jutted up from the ice creating the jagged arcs of the inner glaciers ahead. In the darkness of night the sullen solitude enveloped my companions and I undaunted by our frail beams of illumination. The pristine sheets of ice stretched out endlessly reflecting macabre and translucent manifestations; yet I did not falter, my approach was fueled by a fierce resolution to investigate my theory. A thin web of whispers and lore had led me to this forgotten place, a remote vastness that had entranced Sheb-Teth to sow his vile seed in its frozen tomb. Those fragments painstakingly pieced together, foretell the return of that eternal tormentor, to reap those ill-fated frozen souls from it on this day.”
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:44 PM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker

Scenario sounds cool. I wonder if something is missing though. The instructions mention "A figure adjacent to the Single-hex Ice Tile over the Glyph of Kelda may remove the tile instead of attacking."

But there isn't any ice on top of the glyph, or adjacent to it. It sounds like the intention is to have it covered with ice, and a player can remove it, but then opens up the opportunity for the opponent to take the glyph (which you can probably get around with bonding). If that is the case it is a pretty cool concept. Or I could just be misinterpreting
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:47 PM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker

Or, I could read it properly when it comes to the setup section. Cool concept!
Old March 28th, 2013, 10:44 PM

twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
Or, I could read it properly when it comes to the setup section. Cool concept!
Thank you! My goal was to add another layer of intrigue to the fact that a Unique Hero figure must have at least one wound to activate the Glyph of Kelda. It's rare in Heroscape (outside of counterstrike situations) to have a reason not to attack.

During play-testing, we found ourselves in standoffs for who would inflict wounds first and then who would end their turn by exposing the glyph. All the while, the rest of each army would battle it out on the ice. Enjoy!
Old April 2nd, 2013, 04:16 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: TWilkerson's Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilkerson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCKE13 View Post
Where can I find the stories these are based on?
My short stories are scheduled to be self-published by Christmas 2013.

As for H.P. Lovecraft, his were written in the 1920's - 1930's and all of his works are now in the public domain. You may read them at this link.
I enjoy them in audiobook format by searching for them on YouTube.

Try Dagon or The Music of Erich Zann to get your feet wet.
Next read The Color out of Space and From Beyond.
Then move on to Shadow over Innsmouth and the Dunwich Horror.
Ultimately, you must read At the Mountains of Madness and Call of Cthulhu.
Thanks to you, I've read all those and are now starting on more! Epic maps, and a great tast in books
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Thanks to you, I've read all those and are now starting on more! Epic maps, and a great tast in books
I'm happy to have spread some of the Mythos. I got hooked on weird fiction through a podcast by Chad Phifer and Chris Lackey called the H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast at http://hppodcraft.com/ They have led me to believe that weird fiction is best when it is read out loud.

Be sure to start with Episode 1. Chad and Chris have covered the entire works of H.P. Lovecraft in chronological order as free podcasts. They have since moved on to other weird fiction tales for a small fee (worth it!).

My next map will hopefully feature the Volcarren Wasteland...

Last edited by twilkerson; April 4th, 2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: As always, spelling and grammer.
Old October 20th, 2013, 12:11 PM

New map added 10/20/2013

Crossroad Phoenix: The Cleansing Fire (download)

“Beneath the scorched sky as I lie under that forgotten barricade, the tremors of heat would cascade over me from the molten river. With each wave of heat, fragments of bygone memories would filter through my mind, the aching images of myself amidst the crowds in that luminous world beyond the endless ash. Once I endeavored to escape across the endless plains, but the farther I strayed from the bastion the more impenetrable the shade would grow. In a dire moment when the agonizing dread became so palpable as to exceed tolerance, I retreated with all the speed I could muster. The fear that I would lose my way in this immeasurable silence gripped me as I ran anxiously back to those crumbling towers. Never again did I dare to test my fate beyond the shadows. I know not what I linger for but, I wait as the unending twilight hovers above and my fantasies lead me to no true end. In this vague isolation, my hunger for light grows so feverish that I can repose no more. With my wounded hands raised to that dark and derelict pylon that stretches above the sanctuary into that foreign smoke-lined strata, I commit to ascend that tower despite the pitfalls that lay before me. Better to glimpse the light and perish, than remain in this isolation numb and bereft of the suffering of life.”

Last edited by twilkerson; June 13th, 2014 at 03:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Old January 13th, 2016, 02:14 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: TWilkerson's Maps & Scenarios 10-20-2013

Great work! really like how simple the maps and scenarios are!! Perfect for a quick and easy game.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 14th, 2016, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoney View Post
Great work! really like how simple the maps and scenarios are!! Perfect for a quick and easy game.
That's exactly what they were made for. I almost forgot that these existed!

My group has been stuck on C3G for the past couple of years. In January, we started a Heroscape (C3G) club on campus. Lots of pictures and info on our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/HeroScapers23/

I really should re-visit classic 'Scape...

Last edited by twilkerson; April 14th, 2016 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Corrected links.
Old April 14th, 2016, 11:58 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm totally jelly...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios