Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old June 13th, 2009, 11:31 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr View Post
As it is worded, 'King of Men' gives a bonus to all adjacent figures, friend or foe. Heroic Serge is huge. 2 turns for 1 activation at no cost. Coupled with those stats and his other powers I think he might be price just right, if not a little low. Have you play tested these much yet?
Haven't playtested any of these guys yet, but I did fix the wording on Aragorn's King of Men ability (thanks again!) and bumped him up to 170 points - the more I thought about it, the more I realized how useful King of Men is.
Old June 13th, 2009, 02:38 PM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker

Very nice! Figures are powered just right, and the LOTR orcs will fit right in with Utgar's preceding Orc army. Aragorn in particular seems nice. The abilities aren't flashy or extra-fancy, but they will play with impeccable flavor. Sounds like a good deal on figures.

P.S: I use GIMP to make my customs, however I use Microsoft Paint for all the text because GIMP can't place text as accurately. The font I use is FrankRheul or somesuch, picked because the lines space themselves close together vertically.
Old June 13th, 2009, 10:52 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relenzo2 View Post
Very nice! Figures are powered just right, and the LOTR orcs will fit right in with Utgar's preceding Orc army. Aragorn in particular seems nice. The abilities aren't flashy or extra-fancy, but they will play with impeccable flavor. Sounds like a good deal on figures.

P.S: I use GIMP to make my customs, however I use Microsoft Paint for all the text because GIMP can't place text as accurately. The font I use is FrankRheul or somesuch, picked because the lines space themselves close together vertically.

Thanks for the compliments, Relenzo2 - I've never had a problem with GIMP's text abilities, but even if I found that MS Paint was an improvement, I've made way too many customs to go back and change them now.
Old June 14th, 2009, 01:13 PM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker

Where did you buy the mini-figs? My freind would go crazy to come over to my house and play with the King of Gondor- he even wrote a rock song about the guy (to the tune of "wild thing").
Old June 14th, 2009, 08:38 PM

I came across a dusty starter set at Toys R Us, but I've seen the same set go for about $5 on ebay as well. Even with the shipping, it's not a bad price for eight minis.
Old June 14th, 2009, 09:06 PM

Wait- EIGHT minis? What minis are in the set?
Old June 14th, 2009, 09:17 PM

The set comes with:

Aragorn
Frodo
Nazgul
Lurtz
Elven archer
Gondor soldier
Orc spearman
Uruk-Hai warrior

It also comes with a base for "invisible" Frodo, which has different stats than the regular Frodo, but is useless for Heroscape conversions since it has no figure attached.
Old June 15th, 2009, 07:11 AM

So, are you going to make cards for all these guys?
Old June 17th, 2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relenzo2 View Post
So, are you going to make cards for all these guys?
Your wish is my command...

Obviously, this is a work in progress - the eventual unit will be a 3-figure squad, hopefully with different poses. I may feel like adding in a second ability, but I'm waiting for inspiration to strike on that one. Naturally, the point cost is just a placeholder.
Old June 17th, 2009, 02:09 AM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs - update 6/17

Nice job! The only thing that I would do personally is tone down Lurtz. That "Foul Strike Special Attack" seems to be too strong. Maybe make it for every two orcs/Uruks next to the target is +1 automatic skulls? Because, as it is, there is a good chance that it will obliterate just aobut anything that it comes into contact with if three orcs/Uruks are next to your target.

Just my , though. Very well made, imo, and I've already given you the +Rep that you deserve for these. Also, now that I think about it, should Kamul's "Black Breath" affect soulborgs?

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old June 17th, 2009, 12:51 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post
Nice job! The only thing that I would do personally is tone down Lurtz. That "Foul Strike Special Attack" seems to be too strong. I disagree. With a base attack of 1 and a maximum of 4 this is not even as strong as the blastatrons potential and you only get 1 attack with no height or glyphs. Cool but not that powerful I think.
Just my , though. Very well made, imo, and I've already given you the +Rep that you deserve for these. Also, now that I think about it, should Kamul's "Black Breath" affect soulborgs? Thematically I agree. Don't know if the soulborgs need it but it would fit with previous figures.

-scorp
I really like the Orc Warriors. I suppose you don't have the other figures for this squad? I really like first strike. People might try to argue that the wording of this power means that you get that ability if you draft Blade Gruts or Heavy Gruts as well since they are also Orc Warriors. Maybe you should change their name to 'Orc Warriors of...' for instance so that the wording in the power can be more specific. Points aren't bad for a 3 figure melee squad with no bonding I don't think. Maybe a little higher for a four figure squad but without bonding 60 might be right. Again I look forward to hearing about your play testing. I am tempted to do some myself but I have little time for Scape with a baby coming and I need to start to prepare for GenCon because the weeks leading up to it will be a wash.
I look forward to seeing the other 3 figures. Keep it up.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!

Last edited by Eirikr; June 17th, 2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old June 17th, 2009, 05:46 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I disagree. With a base attack of 1 and a maximum of 4 this is not even as strong as the blastatrons potential and you only get 1 attack with no height or glyphs. Cool but not that powerful I think.
That is automatic skulls, not added attack dice. When you have three guarenteed skulls automatically plus a 50% chance of a fourth, that is wayyy too powerful, imo.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards