Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old January 3rd, 2022, 07:05 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Custom Terrain for the HelmAverse and other Super-scapes

I'm repurposing the original post in this thread as a depository for HelmAverse terrain rules. It will serve as a place to save object heights and various rules that might come into play.

More to come.
Old January 5th, 2022, 08:31 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Old January 6th, 2022, 09:19 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Why do I suddenly have an urge for popcorn?

I scored some really inexpensive "alien plants" in the aquarium section of Walmart recently. I had always wanted to consider using fish tank terrain but I was never happy with the size, or the in ability to defy gravity, or the material tiled in the base (usually rubber or stone). These plants are just one tile higher than the official jungle pieces, stand up straight with no issue, are mounted on a resin base, and only cost $4 for a pack of 3. The blues and purples are really fun to add to the board.

Because of the resin base, they are light and will tip over too easily unless glued to a tile. The brand does make another pack that has a heavy rubber base which is heavy enough that it doesn't need mounting on a tile. After trying out both, I like the glued resin bottoms better.

I updated the original post with this:

1) Alien Flora

Alien Flora are considered Jungle Pieces and have 9 Height. Figures are not allowed to occupy or move through Alien Flora.When moving your figure adjacent to Alien Flora, you are allowed to move any of the lower plants that hang over the space that the figure will occupy. A figure may not be placed on any space adjacent to Alien Flora if the figure being placed does not fit fully on the space.

Line of Sight: Alien Flora may block Line of Sight. Range attacks can be used only when a clear Line of Sight is available between or through Alien Flora.

Attacking figures adjacent to Alien Flora with range: A figure becomes adjacent to Alien Flora when it moves next to Alien Flora. When a small, medium, or large figure adjacent to Alien Flora is defending against a non-adjacent attack, the defending figure receives one additional defense die.

Poison Spore Damage: If a figure adjacent to Alien Flora receives at least one wound from a ranged attack they must roll for Poison Spore Damage. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 4 or lower the defending figure receives one additional wound.

Last edited by Matt Helm; January 12th, 2022 at 12:28 AM.
Old March 26th, 2023, 06:14 PM
Captain Underpants

Although it has been a minute since I really got involved on this site or even played much Heroscape, I always manage to keep one eye out for usable terrain. As always, I want my terrain to be plastic (no die cast or wood but resin is acceptable), it has to be the right scale (somewhere in between 1:48 and 1:64), and most importantly, it has to fit nice on the hexes.

Luckily, I have found a plethora lately. I've even moved on from the prior posting of "Alien Flora" with an even better design. Don't get me wrong, the Walmart aquarium plants on the resin rock glued to a litko tile still work, but we decided to keep them as underwater plants (for Atlantis maps). The new and improved "Alien Flora" will be coming soon.

Until then, I thought I'd share the other terrain I found on Amazon. It's the iPlay, iLearn Cargo Truck set.

It comes with useable items such as a great tractor trailer of perfect scale, 3 shipping containers, 2 smaller trucks, and some logs, barricades, barrels and boxes that may be OK. It also has an off scale forklift and cheaply made figures that went to my wife's classroom. The final piece is a crane vehicle that seems to be to scale but doesn't quite rest on hexes in an ideal way so I'm a little reluctant to utilize it so far.

Anyway, let's get to pictures. starting with the tractor trailer. It fits nicely on 7 consecutive hexes and only one wide. The flat bed is at a height of 3.

It can be set up to hold logs or the shipping containers. With the shipping containers it has a height of 11.

Speaking of the containers. They fit best on a map in the same orientation as the large Hasbro pine tree. The can lay across three hexes in a straight line but their pegs don't sit perfectly. When oriented like the pine tree, the pegs slip right into the grooves between hexes. They have a height of 8.

The way I plan to play it is that in this orientation, they have two spaces on top. When figures are up there, they would be considered adjacent. When on the truck or on the ground across three straight hexes, there would have to be 3 spaces on top of each one.

The smaller trucks are really perfect. They fit on 3 hexes straight and only one hex wide. The tires fall into the grooves nicely in this way and although the front and rear bumpers hang a little into the next hex, a horoscope base slides under them easily for full access to the hex. The basket truck is 5 high with the bed being at 3 high. The box truck is 6 high.

I'm so thrilled with these vehicles that I glued 3D printed terrain caps on the bottom. They don't really roll woo much without them but the glued base makes them snap right on my maps so nicely. I'm thinking about picking up some iPlay iLearn construction vehicles as well. In fact, it looks like the factories in China are producing these vehicles in many different company packaging.

Lil'Helm found this Fire Truck in a "99 cents and more" store near us for $5.99. It is exactly one of the iPlay iLearn Fire Trucks but the quality may be ever so slightly different as the bottom seems to be of a different plastic then my other trucks and the wheels are a little looser. With that said, it is the exact mold and looks amazing to me.

More to come...

Last edited by Matt Helm; March 26th, 2023 at 06:33 PM.
Old March 26th, 2023, 06:41 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Nice! Do you have any pics of these with minis for scale comparison? Most of the vehicles I have are in the 1:40 to 1:48 range, which I find to look the best.
Old March 26th, 2023, 06:57 PM
Captain Underpants

Here you go.

By the way, the set on Amazon sometimes goes down to about $26 or so.
Old March 26th, 2023, 07:30 PM

Sweet, thanks! To return the favor, here's a NYC bus I've been eyeballing lately:

Amazon has them for less than $20 right now.
Old March 27th, 2023, 06:13 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Good stuff!
Planning on working on some new city terrain myself.
Love those hexes in the bed of the truck.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 7th, 2023, 07:49 PM
Captain Underpants

As previously mentioned I upgraded our Alien Flora.

First, I purchased a few variations of these inexpensive aquarium plants on Amazon.

Then I asked one of my nephews to use his new 3D printer to print up some Ticalla palm tree bases in black.

A little mixing and matching of the multicolor plants and I created these:

Putting them on an Arena of the Planeswalkers map results in an alien landscape like this:

We are very happy with these alien plants and will be replacing the front page with photos of them to eventually include tree heights.
Old May 8th, 2023, 06:39 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice. Looks great.
Old May 8th, 2023, 04:48 PM

Great pics, that terrain reminds me of the stuff @Grishnakh used for his Atlantean maps.
Old May 14th, 2023, 09:19 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Nice!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations