Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Notices

Old February 28th, 2017, 01:02 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Utah soundoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaperedude View Post
Quote:
I'm curious what people thought about my maps that were used for this event?
@Sir Heroscape
They all looked very nice, but I only got to play on Break In The Ice. My thoughts on the maps.... I liked it, but tactically it wasn't my favorite. We played with the snow rules which SERIOUSLY bogged down the map, and made it difficult to employ basic strategy. Also with the placement of ruins/glaciers, it almost seemed there were two many obstacles to fight the opponent. Most of the game took place skirting around the outside of the glaciers on the height. Also the way the height is placed combined with the water it makes it rather difficult to get a double spaced figure up and around the edge of the maps. (Which is where you needed to send them because of the masses of snow in the middle.) Very aesthetically pleasing, but not my favorite battle map.

Hopefully this doesn't come off as sore loser, because I did manage to edge out a win on it, but these are just some things I noticed about the maps balance. The others looked really good though!! I witnessed some EPIC battles on tree field!!
Oh dear...I probably should have mentioned to The Dewk that that map was NOT designed or meant to be used with the snow rules :-/ I designed it knowing that using the snow rules would make it unbalanced and not competitive...but should have put that in the notes somewhere. That's my bad for not communicating that. sorry if you're games were a little frustrating or slow because of that.
In that case, I am much more a fan of the map!

H E R O S C A P E
Old March 2nd, 2017, 02:01 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Sir Heroscape
They all looked very nice, but I only got to play on Break In The Ice. My thoughts on the maps.... I liked it, but tactically it wasn't my favorite. We played with the snow rules which SERIOUSLY bogged down the map, and made it difficult to employ basic strategy. Also with the placement of ruins/glaciers, it almost seemed there were two many obstacles to fight the opponent. Most of the game took place skirting around the outside of the glaciers on the height. Also the way the height is placed combined with the water it makes it rather difficult to get a double spaced figure up and around the edge of the maps. (Which is where you needed to send them because of the masses of snow in the middle.) Very aesthetically pleasing, but not my favorite battle map.

Hopefully this doesn't come off as sore loser, because I did manage to edge out a win on it, but these are just some things I noticed about the maps balance. The others looked really good though!! I witnessed some EPIC battles on tree field!!
Oh dear...I probably should have mentioned to The Dewk that that map was NOT designed or meant to be used with the snow rules :-/ I designed it knowing that using the snow rules would make it unbalanced and not competitive...but should have put that in the notes somewhere. That's my bad for not communicating that. sorry if you're games were a little frustrating or slow because of that.
Haha hey, I did include the caveat that if you didn't want to play ice and snow rules, you didn't have to
Old March 2nd, 2017, 02:08 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Sir Heroscape

Haha hey, I did include the caveat that if you didn't want to play ice and snow rules, you didn't have to
You're good. Mark, the guy I was playing against, had a bunch of fliers in his army so he really wanted the snow rules to give him a one up. But luckily I still managed to inch out a win that round.... Barely.

H E R O S C A P E
Old March 2nd, 2017, 02:16 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Sir Heroscape

You're good. Mark, the guy I was playing against, had a bunch of fliers in his army so he really wanted the snow rules to give him a one up. But luckily I still managed to inch out a win that round.... Barely.
Ah, yes, you seemed to inch out a few of your wins that day! When are you going to give us a report? (Plus I can't post until you do, you see.)
Old March 2nd, 2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Sir Heroscape

Ah, yes, you seemed to inch out a few of your wins that day! When are you going to give us a report? (Plus I can't post until you do, you see.)
I just got my wisdom teeth yanked out this morning, so I'll start on my battle reports right now while I'm down.... Forgive me if they sound a little bit loopy. I'm still on the pain killers.

H E R O S C A P E
Old March 4th, 2017, 06:11 PM

DewNoHarm is surprisingly tart

I will be there in March (provided that nothing vital comes up). I'll likely be bringing two of my boys and perhaps all three.

Thanks to @Scaperedude , @BiggaBullfrog , and @The Dewk for keeping the traditions of the monthlies up!
Old March 5th, 2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewNoHarm View Post
I will be there in March (provided that nothing vital comes up). I'll likely be bringing two of my boys and perhaps all three.

Thanks to @Scaperedude , @BiggaBullfrog , and @The Dewk for keeping the traditions of the monthlies up!
Hey we couldn't do it unless people like you and your boys came! See you on the 25th!

H E R O S C A P E
Old March 13th, 2017, 01:38 PM

Final details for the March 25th get-together have been posted! Check out the Utah Monthly page if interested. Going to be a great time, with some great prizes
Old March 28th, 2017, 11:43 PM

Initial details for the April Monthly have been posted! Check out the Utah Monthly page if you're itching to battle next month! It's always a good time.
Old March 29th, 2017, 01:00 AM

Great tournament last Saturday! Thanks to all involved! (Especially @The Dewk )

This next one sounds WAY fun!! Let me know how I can help make it happen!!

H E R O S C A P E
Old April 3rd, 2017, 03:34 PM

Battle report time! It's been a little over a week, and I've been able to stew on the experience. It was a good time, and a super fun format!

310 points random team fight - I packed x2 Marro Dividers, Eldgrim, The Varja and Marcu. My reasoning was thus - what units gets better the more opponents there are? Resurrecting units seem to get a bit better (Dividers) and The Varja has more units to walk through! Eldgrim grabs glyphs and then helps the Varja hustle around once he's dead. And then Marcu absorbs Wannok wounds.

Game 1, Map: Six Points

Spoiler Alert!

Game 2, Map: Tawarthion Marsh

Spoiler Alert!

Game 3, Map: Ice Blossom
Spoiler Alert!

Game 4, Map: Six Points

Spoiler Alert!

2-2 isn't the best record, but I had a great time, and I loved The Varja. Order Marker management can be a tricky thing - throw The Varja in to make it that much harder for your opponents! I feel he's appropriately priced with appropriate weaknesses, so good job C3V team.

I thought the format was super fun, and I think others were digging it too. We may have to revisit it in the near future!
Old April 4th, 2017, 02:48 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

This is still being used, but the Utah events are in the Utah Monthly thread. Right?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers