Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old February 9th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Not sure why I didn't see this sooner...

Regarding my involvement in MicroHeroes... I can't say that I've tried them. Though these kinds of things have been around for a LONG time. Often called Pixel Dolls. There was even one site a while back where you made a character like this, but it was called a Stormtrooper (I believe DarkSpade's old avatar came from that site).

Pixel art is something I admire. I used to be a regular on HabboHotel.com, attracted to it ONLY because it was pixel art. But as far as using it as an artistic outlet... I never really got into it...

And with that, I'm off to check out the sites you listed! *LoL*

EDIT: Okay, one of the All-Star modders here REALLY need to make a custom figure for this guy...

... better seen here...

... Dante from the 'Devil May Cry' franchise!!

So help me, once I get the Horgle Project released, I'm going to start thinking about a decent custom for this guy...

/end threadjack

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old February 9th, 2007, 10:59 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
you asked for them and here they are! they are mostly frankensteined together from other ones:

6 x 9 = 42

Old February 10th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
H3xtr1p, I'm sure you could do some great Micro Heroes yourself. *hint*

Btw, never heard of Dante...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman1444
you asked for them and here they are! they are mostly frankensteined together from other ones:

Glorious stuff! Even though their Frakensteined, I've learned that is a perfectly legit way of creating Micro Heroes! You got the skillz!!!
Old March 2nd, 2007, 05:09 AM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation
Here is my first contribution to the effort:

Marro Warrior, 4th Mass, Knight of Weston, Deadeye Dan, Zombie, "unarmed" Drake, "original" Drake, and "new" Drake

Deadeye, the zombie and the minutemen were easy to frankenstein, but Marro, Weston and Drake required a lot of original work. Feel free to post these anywhere you want, or use them as avatars or in your sig or whatever. Also feel free to edit them, to add detail or just give them different faces o match the different units.

If anyone else is working on these, could you let me know which ones, so I don't do the same ones? I avoided Drake and Raelin for this reason, though I think they'd be relatively easy to do.

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.
Old March 8th, 2007, 08:21 PM

Hrm...I'm bumping this myself, because it doesn't seem anyone has even looked at it, based on the number of views. I guess its kinda slow on the boards, but it would be nice if people saw these things since I spent a few hours working on them.

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.
Old March 11th, 2007, 04:18 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
argos, those rock. What bases did you use? you should try raelin next. Did you see my work on the first page of this thread?

6 x 9 = 42

Old March 11th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
OH MY GAWD! I'm glad you bumped this ArgosCap!
They're frickin' AWESOME!

WHOAH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgosCap
Here is my first contribution to the effort:

Marro Warrior, 4th Mass, Knight of Weston, Deadeye Dan, Zombie, "unarmed" Drake, "original" Drake, and "new" Drake

Deadeye, the zombie and the minutemen were easy to frankenstein, but Marro, Weston and Drake required a lot of original work. Feel free to post these anywhere you want, or use them as avatars or in your sig or whatever. Also feel free to edit them, to add detail or just give them different faces o match the different units.

If anyone else is working on these, could you let me know which ones, so I don't do the same ones? I avoided Drake and Raelin for this reason, though I think they'd be relatively easy to do.
Old March 11th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
ArgosCap,

Very nicely done! I especially like the different cheek structures for Drake, Dan and the Minuteman!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old March 12th, 2007, 02:47 AM

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm glad to know somebody likes them.

As far as what bases I used, I actually didn't start many of them "naked." I mainly looked for other heroes with the kind of uniforms I needed, and started from there. Deadeye Dan was easy, because I actually took a Clint Eastwood micro and messed around with him, changed his color and gave him a new face, that looked more like how I picture Deadeye. The Knight of Weston was based on the DC character Atomic Knight. However, he was heavily modified with a lot of original work, and he was by far the hardest (believe it or not, there aren't many pre-existing armored knights to work with). For Drake I used the body of an obscure DC character called GI Robot, and again, I modified him quite a bit and re-colord the uniform to be a closer match with the actual figure. The Marro and Zombie started out with just "naked" bodies and skulls for heads. Then I changed their basic color scheme and modified them with original work. They weren't that hard to do, just a little time consuming. I use Adobe Elements 2 which is extremely versatile, but I think you can do most of the stuff I did with some of the shareware programs available on the net.

My next projects (when I have time) will probably be Agent Carr, Shotgun Sullivan/Wyatt Earp, and the two male Krav Agents. Those guys should all be easy (the Krav agents are just guys in suits). I have some ideas for Raelin, and I would like to get to her, but she is a much more distinct character, with a lot of unique little parts, so I will have to spend a little more time on her.

Anyone else plan to do any? Hex...have you had any luck with this stuff?

Old March 12th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgosCap
... For Drake I used the body of an obscure DC character called GI Robot, ...
Yep, that is obscure. I have no idea who GI Robot, nor where he appeared and I am a DC fan.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old March 12th, 2007, 03:09 AM
Emeritus Admin

ArgosCap, no luck yet.
Haven't even begun to think of delving into it!
Old March 12th, 2007, 05:13 PM

Turtleboy has disabled reputation
This isnt a Heroscape guy, just an orginal (please dont re-use this guy without credit even though hes a no named hero he's my Comic Toon named Vexen) Lemme know what you think!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction