Notices

Old June 27th, 2010, 10:42 PM

Gold1 knows what's in an order marker Gold1 knows what's in an order marker
Re: All authors! Circle story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takanuva View Post
I'll Participate, but someone has to start first...

"Thie night was moist......"

Well we don't need to use all of my ideas, just one would do. I'm pretty sure the story would begin drag on at that point. I agree with Mysterium that a combination RPG literature and the skeleton would be best fit for this. One paragraph is too constricting and may lead to random jumps. If we started with the coliseum we could have a introductory stage where we get to meet all of our characters (including the dnd and kyrie tribe) with flashbacks if nessesary, and then proceed to the fights which would be the middle stage and the break out being the climax followed by whatever end we see fit.

Check out my fanfics.
Ceasefire
JointStoryThread
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:15 AM

dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby!

I figured that, as a budding writer, I would throw my hat into this.

I think that the best idea would make it an RPG that we have planned ahead. We have a narrative structure and the way the story is heading, but each of us have our own character to take care of. The characters stick to together and aren't off doing their own thing unless the plot calls for it. We can control each other's character when writing a section, but they don't really focus on the emotional depth of the character. 300 words would probably be too short of usual contribution, because that's about one large paragraph, and that really isn't enough to get anything done.

As far as a story idea, I'd love to see one about an allied colony on Haukeland struggling to scout the area and fight off the Utgar allied indigenous populace.

Currently Sigless.
Gotta Go to the Sig Bank.
Old June 28th, 2010, 05:20 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

An RPG styled story would probably work out well with everyone having their own ideas.

Now for a potential structure:

We select one person to give an opening scenario for the sub-chapter. For example I would say "rats are in a basement" then we all put up what our people would do. The scenario starter would always go first. Then after that sub-chapter is over, the next person would put up a scenario and so-on. With 4 people doing this there would be 4 sub-chapters to each chapter. So if we did 3 "chapters", then each of us would write a scene that proceeds with the given chapter 3 times apiece. Anybody like that idea?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:31 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

That is a good idea, but for clarification that would be 12 entries correct??
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper15 View Post
That is a good idea, but for clarification that would be 12 entries correct??
yep.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:35 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
I'll Participate, but someone has to start first...

"Thie night was moist......"

Well we don't need to use all of my ideas, just one would do. I'm pretty sure the story would begin drag on at that point. I agree with Mysterium that a combination RPG literature and the skeleton would be best fit for this. One paragraph is too constricting and may lead to random jumps. If we started with the coliseum we could have a introductory stage where we get to meet all of our characters (including the dnd and kyrie tribe) with flashbacks if nessesary, and then proceed to the fights which would be the middle stage and the break out being the climax followed by whatever end we see fit.
...Too moist.
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:53 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

Just don't expect me to be that reliable. Wat with the upcoming CoN, Playtesting for Project Pokemon, and Thankar's Tournament,(Though I'll probably be voted out quickly) I won't be able to spend as much time on this as I'd like. So give me a smaller part.(Wow, that last sentance sounds horrible...It doesn't even make sense really...)
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:56 PM
I could go

Hey, Takanuva you ain't the only busy body. Plus I haven't written seriously in a while so give it some time.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:03 PM

mysterium is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Just don't expect me to be that reliable. Wat with the upcoming CoN, Playtesting for Project Pokemon, and Thankar's Tournament,(Though I'll probably be voted out quickly) I won't be able to spend as much time on this as I'd like. So give me a smaller part.(Wow, that last sentance sounds horrible...It doesn't even make sense really...)
Slacker! You should be ashamed, cutting corners and getting away with the minimum.... No, don't worry if you can't update frequently, I'll have two CoN's running for awhile. It doesn't matter. Tomorrow I'll have a prologue so everyone can introduce your characters, but only at your convenience. Anyone have objections to beginning the intro tomorrow?
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:06 PM

dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterium View Post
Quote:
Slacker! You should be ashamed, cutting corners and getting away with the minimum.... No, don't worry if you can't update frequently, I'll have two CoN's running for awhile. It doesn't matter. Tomorrow I'll have a prologue so everyone can introduce your characters, but only at your convenience. Anyone have objections to beginning the intro tomorrow?
None whatsoever.

I would like to know what format we are going with though. How are we doing this? Just a simple literature RPG?

Currently Sigless.
Gotta Go to the Sig Bank.
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:18 PM
I could go

I can't wait to begin! I'll be thinking of my character's storyline.

From what I'm assuming, we're going with my suggestion about how the story will be written:
Quote:
Quote by Me:
We select one person to give an opening scenario for the sub-chapter. For example I would say "rats are in a basement" then we all put up what our people would do. The scenario starter would always go first. Then after that sub-chapter is over, the next person would put up a scenario and so-on. With 4 people doing this there would be 4 sub-chapters to each chapter. So if we did 3 "chapters", then each of us would write a scene that proceeds with the given chapter 3 times apiece. Anybody like that idea?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:59 PM

Gold1 knows what's in an order marker Gold1 knows what's in an order marker

There is one more matter I would like to address. Should we keep this thread as a purely discussion thread for authors and readers and create a new thread for the story itself?

My line of thinking is that the story thread would flow easier and we'd all be able to express ourselves on how this develops in the discussion thread. Its up to you guys but I'm just thinking that it would make our job easier if we had seperate places in which to work with each other. Then again it may just make things more complicated, especially with timing. The story would be held up if we were waiting for each other's reply's in the dicussion thread but either way I think we should stay in some form of contact.

Oh and dragonfire I believe we are going with the RPG style

flameslayer forgive me but I may be a bit confused with the structure you layed out. It makes sense but the only snag I find is that we might argue over what we do with each other's characters. While respectfully staying away from major thoughts and choices each author may set up another's character into a situation they may not want them in. Just my thoughts.

Check out my fanfics.
Ceasefire
JointStoryThread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction