Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 2nd, 2007, 01:41 AM

Dandin has disabled reputation
Dandin's Custom Thread

Well, this is my first custom, and because I'm new, there are some inconsistency mistakes on the card, plus I'm using MS paint so I can't really put the picture I want into the card easily. However, I do like the way the card itself turned out:

(All credit for the Template goes to Talyn)

If anyone could help me, I would like to put the D&D miniature picture into the slot:

Any suggestions? I made this figure with the intent of having an advantage over both large and small figures, although lethal sting may be too strong. This figure's weakness, of course, is his low defense, but it may be saved by eating his own spiders or enemy spiders.

Second Custom:
This is in relation to the new Ullar Protector MIA unit thread, but I decided to post it here as well. This squad is unique, but has six units. That's right; a squad with six units. However, I'm thinking they are too powerful for their points:

However, I do like their abilities. Any thoughts?
I was hoping for this type of figure, but only a pistol instead of a sword, and simplified a bit so it looks more Heroscape-ish.

Third Custom:
While reading the competitive army power rankings, and the lack of a cheap, quick Ullar elves squad, I came up with the Scouts of Ashra. They are pretty basic, except that they have integrity, which is basically used so the cost wouldn't be too much; with mittens they would have 9 move, so I edged that out. I could probably remove that ability, lessen their move to 5, and then add non-adjacent tough, but...
Also, this is my first custom that actually has a bio that I was think of. It's probably roughly done, but that's ok. If you get the drift of it, that's all that matters.

I was thinking about having these figures:

BIO:
The Scouts of Ashra are arrogant, quick, and cunning. They, along with the well trained Warriors of Ashra, use speed to quickly engage an enemy and destroy it. Although their proud arrogance with not associating with Vipers or glyphs has cost them important bonus', they still stand fast and quick against any foe.

When California's educational system stopped teaching to the test, scores tripled.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 02:25 AM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!
your welcome for the template...

Old December 2nd, 2007, 02:28 AM

Oh man I'm SO sorry! I forgot to thank you! Main Post edited.
I'm really new at this... Is it custom to ask before you use?

When California's educational system stopped teaching to the test, scores tripled.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 10:27 AM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!
eh, but you made this literally 2 seconds after i posteed it, so at least a thanks im gonna use this in the other thread would have been cool.

Old December 12th, 2007, 10:04 PM

Bump! New custom.

Old December 13th, 2007, 08:35 AM

Ted has disabled reputation
I really like the cards. For Flambrig the usual turn delay or powere removal is used with markers. It would require more wording but it could look like this:

If he wounds a medium or smaller hero place a white web marker on their army card. during an activation of a hero with a web marker remove the marker and they cannot move or attack.

Add you own D20 stuff but I think this format fits better with the current rules/cards.

For teh ullar protectors, I agree that 6 per squad is too powerful. Also if you wanted to make their dodge work better, just have it mimic tough. Add one automatic sheild to their roll. This way you still get the same effect but then they could have one life and fit with the normal squad design of one life.

Other wise good work.
Old December 13th, 2007, 09:04 AM

SoulfulKillingMachine has disabled reputation
Just raising the cost of Ullar's protectors won't make it fun for your opponent to fight them. Remember, Stealth Flying means you'll have high ground whenever you want to, so the automatic skull/shield powers are serious overkill. Thy these for a common squad of 3:

KYRIE DODGE
Against a normal attack from
a non-flying figure, Protectors
of Ullar add one defense die.

ARMOR PIERCING SHOT
No figure may roll more than 5
defense dice against a non-
adjacent Protector of Ullar.

STEALTH FLYING

By the way, if you're going to paint them, I would suggest giving them brightly-colored wings, like a macaw or something. That would really be cool.

I'm sorry, I don't speak emoticon.
Old December 13th, 2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
I really like the cards. For Flambrig the usual turn delay or powere removal is used with markers. It would require more wording but it could look like this:

If he wounds a medium or smaller hero place a white web marker on their army card. during an activation of a hero with a web marker remove the marker and they cannot move or attack.

Add you own D20 stuff but I think this format fits better with the current rules/cards.

For teh ullar protectors, I agree that 6 per squad is too powerful. Also if you wanted to make their dodge work better, just have it mimic tough. Add one automatic sheild to their roll. This way you still get the same effect but then they could have one life and fit with the normal squad design of one life.

Other wise good work.
True, I was thinking about adding web markers, but then there would have to be two different types, and so it's complicated... It was just an idea, and I prefer to write on cards than just writing. I do like the idea of having advantage over small/medium figures, and over large/huge, but without having a head against squads (because wounds must be inflicted in order to work).

The Ullar Protectors:
I wanted to hold the elf trait of ultra low defense. However, because kyrie are expensive, I wanted to hold some type of way to keep them from dying. Tough was not the answer, because tough adds an auto shield, and the in some circumstances it doesn't do the same thing.
To follow the shadow of other kyries, these kyries have double health. They also have a "double" squad; six per squad. I don't think this is too strong because they are unique, and like zombies, only three can attack.
I forgot to put in, but they are NOT supposed to have stealth flying. They do take leaving engagement attacks. That was a mistake. Armor piercing attack, SKM, I agree with the armor piercing shot, I think that would even it out much better. Perhaps, as you said, it would be good with stealth flying, but bump the points up by 50 or so.

Old December 15th, 2007, 03:13 PM

Bump! New custom.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards