Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old July 4th, 2018, 09:55 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbsjordan View Post
Alright perfect, thank you both for the quick and detailed answers. Everything makes sense. Thanks!

One other thing to note: Height advantage adds to ALL defensive rolls, but only adds to NORMAL attack rolls. Special Attacks never get modified.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old July 5th, 2018, 02:36 PM

fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker

Awhile ago I remember there was a thread with a bunch of card point repricings to balance the game more. However, I don't remember who posted it or what the title was. Does anyone happen to know where it is/what I'm talking about?

There were things like Hatamoto Taro being reduced to 100 pts, etc.

"FE's Battle Reports!"
"FE's TradeList!"

Good purchases from: Ztimster, Just_a_Bill, Teasedbyeldgrim, Queen of Jandar, Tmac2200, anuctoo
Old July 5th, 2018, 02:49 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Probably Delta pricing, or Delta+.
Old July 5th, 2018, 03:13 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

I think the acronym for the project of that was CUC. If you find any cards in the gallery labeled CUC I believe these are those you are referring to. There were only a few changes like the Einar Imperium got reduced to 110 points and were given evasive 1. Evasive seemed to be what was added to some units by this project group.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old July 5th, 2018, 03:50 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
I think the acronym for the project of that was CUC. If you find any cards in the gallery labeled CUC I believe these are those you are referring to. There were only a few changes like the Einar Imperium got reduced to 110 points and were given evasive 1. Evasive seemed to be what was added to some units by this project group.
The CUC reworked several underwhelming classic cards, including the Einar Imperium's dropped price and added Evasive Ability. They went far beyond mere price changes, though: for instance, Hatamoto Taro was both dropped to 100 points and his Heroic Defense Aura was changed to work against all attacks.

If the only thing you're looking for is repricings, @fireemblemrox , then Delta/Delta+ is probably what you're looking for.
Old July 7th, 2018, 02:27 AM

ThugMisting is surprisingly tart

Can saylind spear of summon a friendly unit on an adjacent glyph?
Old July 7th, 2018, 09:58 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThugMisting View Post
Can saylind spear of summon a friendly unit on an adjacent glyph?
She sure can. Figures that can’t have “empty space” in their power text. It’s a small thing that she can do.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 10th, 2018, 09:20 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

When using virtualscape, how does everyone come out with nice-looking 3d renders of their maps? I can’t seem to find any options in the program that help out with this. I tried using the high-quality option, but all that did was cover the entire map in a near-opaque layer of black. Does anyone know what I’m missing here?
Old July 10th, 2018, 09:58 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

The high quality option only works if you have an older PC. Windows 10 won't do it unless you run VirtualScape on a dedicated graphics card.

I just turn up the brightness and quality in the "Map Parameters" dialog box, and turn down the shadows.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 09:10 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

A tourney map question. So I have this excel sheet (in my signature) that has all tourney maps in it. I later added Gen-Con maps to it as they were not made by any map making group. I noticed that the 2007 Gen-Con maps were never used again. Are they not good maps to include in my sheet because they were bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
In my signature now.

You could also check out previous GC event threads and check out the maps there. Once in a while a not-great map gets used, but they tend to be very good as a whole.

No idea why I keep all this information, but who can resist a good spreadsheet.

And because who doesn't love a good pivot table. Any map appearing more than once....

These are the maps. Click the first picture for the 2007 Gen-Con maps.

Old August 2nd, 2018, 11:01 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hot Heights is bad. Highways and Dieways is good. My opinion on both.

I'd be careful about connecting use at GenCon to a measurement of true excellence. The GenCon maps have to account for the very particular terrain sets that the organizers have available for construction. I know @OrcElfArmyOne has written about all the BoV maps and linked those posts in his signature block, for further reading.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 2nd, 2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Hot Heights is bad. Highways and Dieways is good. My opinion on both.

I'd be careful about connecting use at GenCon to a measurement of true excellence. The GenCon maps have to account for the very particular terrain sets that the organizers have available for construction. I know @OrcElfArmyOne has written about all the BoV maps and linked those posts in his signature block, for further reading.
I read up on the BoV maps from Orc but I didn't see anything from the GC maps. I understand the consensus from most maps but it's also good to note that all opinions on maps are just that, opinions. I hear some don't like Turret Rocks while others do. Does that mean I use it or not, I have no idea.

I noticed a few were used multiple times and those have some praise but these I couldn't even find a link for one called "Molten Ground". So I had my suspicions from these maps and understand the other maps are either good or bad but as for ranking them based off of opinions I'm not convinced that would work. These maps in question however were not used again so that could mean they are bad, but that's just my assumption.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's