Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old July 24th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Meh. Do what you want with your own custom.

I do agree that cross bonding with squads was never intended and certainly will not be happening in C3V.
Old July 24th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Meh. Do what you want with your own custom.

I do agree that cross bonding with squads was never intended and certainly will not be happening in C3V.
Ninety-nine percent of the time, this is what I would say. But in this one percent, I think rule weirdness would happen so fast and so frequently that I might discourage the attempt. Or, if the attempt be made, just know that you may be confronted with rule weirdness early and often.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 24th, 2017, 01:51 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

It just comes down to who you game with and how everyone feels.
If everyone is cool with it and more importantly has fun with it, then that is all that really matters.

If you want to stay anywhere near 'official' with your customs then I agree you should not go near this one.
Old July 24th, 2017, 03:09 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

As Scytale said and D_S echoed, Predators are heroes in official heroscape. The same way Warlords, Champions, and Darklords are heroes.

Why are we throwing shade on the official units to answer a question regarding how to create a custom? The Fyorlag Spiders card is not in error or accidentally omitting something or somehow needing to be corrected in hindsight.

The wording of official powers have plenty of issues; the word "Hero" not appearing in Predator Bonding is not one of them.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; July 24th, 2017 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Now you kids get off my lawn!!!!!! :-)
Old July 24th, 2017, 03:44 PM

My apologies to the Fyorlag Spiders.
Old July 24th, 2017, 08:03 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Sorry R˙chean, but if a little speculation about the intent behind a power sounds like "throwing shade," it may be time to switch to decaf in the mornings. As you say, sometimes the official cards contained errors. (Chardris says hi!) Acknowledging that the human, fallible designers of this great game occasionally made mistakes is not an insult to their work.

As Scytale pointed out, bonding powers usually didn't need to use the word "hero" because the classes they referred to (Warlord, Champion, Darklord) only applied to heroes and were unlikely to be used on a squad. "Predator" is a little different because it's a class that could reasonably have been applied to a squad in the future, so even if omitting the word "hero" from Predator Bonding was intentional, it was still a (small) mistake because it unnecessarily ruled out potential designs.
Old July 25th, 2017, 08:21 AM

ZeusEQ is surprisingly tart
Thumbs up Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Thanks for all of these great replies! I'm well aware I can do whetever I want in my gaming group , but even though I rarely put any custom rules or units I create online, I still like to follow the general guidelines started by the designers and continued by most custom makers here .

A little background: my wife painted up the three snakes from the Wrath of Ashardalon board game, so I'm trying to create a card for them, and am struggling not with stats and powers, but with class and personality :P . Any suggestions, or maybe there are already some cards out there for these minis? BTW I have their species as Vipers - having no arms I see them as less intelligent and more attack-minded than the existing ones, so Scouts is not applicable, and i also didn't want to make them Relentless as I feel that personality is getting some overuse.
Old July 25th, 2017, 08:51 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

This isn't a great workshopping thread.You could start one in the customs subforum with this idea/question. Here is my proposal: Start a thread, and come back here and share the link with us, saying you've done so. You'll get the feedback you want.

I love the idea of converting the Ashardalon minis. That's a good set.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 30th, 2017, 02:04 PM

Cpt. Blitz is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Who currently owns the rights to Heroscape? Is there ANY talk/sources of reviving it?
Old July 30th, 2017, 02:08 PM

Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker

WotC owns it, and there is no credible talk of reviving it, unfortunately.
Old July 30th, 2017, 03:40 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimnak View Post
Though, in an interview earlier this year,
Craig Van Ness discussed the possibility that he (via his game company Soaring Rhino) might try to buy back the rights from Wizards of the Coast.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old July 31st, 2017, 10:06 PM

Cpt. Blitz is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimnak View Post
Though, in an interview earlier this year,
Craig Van Ness discussed the possibility that he (via his game company Soaring Rhino) might try to buy back the rights from Wizards of the Coast.

~Z
Let's all pray to the Heroscape God's that this happens! I can't afford to buy these overpriced units off Ebay anymore! Bring back the $12 packs at WALMART XD XD XD

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's