Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old May 2nd, 2014, 09:38 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Heroscape Codex: Issue 3 Is Here!

Hello all,

The Codex Staff is happy to finally release to you all, Issue 3 of the Codex!

This issue of the Codex is special. In this issue, we mainly focus on the history aspect of Heroscape as well as this great Heroscapers community. Please, leave any comments or concerns below, we enjoy hearing what you, our audience, has to say . We hope you enjoy! Happy reading!

-The Codex Staff
Old May 2nd, 2014, 09:45 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape Codex: Issue 3 Is Here!

It seems that no release is without a hitch or two, eh?

Anyways, I've been extremely excited about this history-themed Codex since I first had the idea. Big shoutouts to our new members for this issue, Ixe and 1Mmirg. Also, this was NS's first time helping out with compilation.

We hope you all enjoy!

Last edited by El T; May 2nd, 2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:00 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Just downloaded it onto my iPad - reading now. History theme is awesome so far... a real trip down memory lane!
Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:31 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Just downloaded it onto my iPad - reading now. History theme is awesome so far... a real trip down memory lane!
Glad to hear. It was odd for me, especially writing the HSers article, since I was just a kid in the early days of Heroscape and didn't find HSers until long after the game had gone out of production. I hope the veterans like you enjoy that article especially.

Meanwhile, after two weeks straight of working on compilation, not to mention my articles themselves, methinks I'll follow suit and download it to my Kindle - I'll finally get a chance to actually read it!
Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:33 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Good stuff. I am very happy to see The Grim Reaper's Friend's fiction included. He has been the heart of Fan Fiction for awhile now. I was a little disappointed to see 2000AD left out of the list of comics represented by C3G. I guess with only 3 designs out of 500+ it is easy to get over looked.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:36 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Opinions on the History of Customs article? (and not just Johnny's opinion; I appreciate anyone's thoughts on this). I was really busy with college work, so I had to add a lot to the article close to the deadline. So I've been concerned with it up until release. Just hoping I covered all the major groups and made it interesting.

Edit: Yeah, Tornado, I can't keep track of all 500 designs. Plus, we now have Icon, Caliber and the others from the recent release.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:39 PM
Bugger

EDIT: Never mind.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:48 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Opinions on the History of Customs article? (and not just Johnny's opinion; I appreciate anyone's thoughts on this). I was really busy with college work, so I had to add a lot to the article close to the deadline. So I've been concerned with it up until release. Just hoping I covered all the major groups and made it interesting.
Personally I would have organized it by timeline more strictly, maybe given it some subheadings. But the details were all there, the right references to the right units (Talos is probably one of the biggest [no pun intended ] customs in Heroscaper history), and you had some good insights... I never noticed that HoSS is the first completely original custom project. Definitely deserves some props for being as official as it is despite having no basis in the official product!

Also blew my mind that Curse of Ne-Gok-Sa is eight years old. Eight years! And I've been in retirement for almost half of them. Absolutely wild.

Cool cover, too.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:58 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Nice job, guys, this was a fun read.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 11:05 PM
Bugger

Along similar lines to HGuy's request, we'd love feedback and constructive criticism on any aspect of the Codex.

Personally, I'm interested in what you guys think I did well and not-so-well with the page layout. I tinkered with a couple small thematic elements, and the main thing was the new pull quotes. Also, any similar feedback on either of my two articles would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for everybody's encouragement and feedback so far!
Old May 3rd, 2014, 09:05 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Very nice. Love the new layout. My only small gripe is a history of Heroscape and the scape community that doesn't include the importance of custom terrain is incomplete. Even Craig flocked his tiles. Anyway, a minor complaint on an otherwise sterling issue! I look forward to seeing future issues. Heck of a lot of work putting this all together.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 05:15 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Just a thought - I'm thinking it might be cool to include a Battle Report in future Codex issues, perhaps highlighting a custom project (hopefully C3G ). I remember enjoying reading the Zaravi Battle Report in one of the older Codices.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News