Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 16th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Galactus - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I am also on board with Margloth's suggest change to the Herald power. But I also wonder if there should there be a stipulation that the Unique Hero has to have Super Strength? I can't see Galactus choosing a wimp as his Herald.
I figure most of the time (since he'll cost a lot) you'll depend on unique heroes in the opponent's army to be your Herald. I'd hate to see him go up against a bunch of mid-levels and have no shot at picking a Herald.

Also, Human Torch has been his Herald (though temporarily) before, and Johnny doesn't have SS.

Quote:
With us dropping Galactic Hunger and only keeping Herald of Galactus and Devourer of Worlds, I think you could do bullets easily and not run out of room on the card. I don't think anyone will complain if we have a really wordy Galactus card.
I'm sure you're probably right here, just noting I'll have to take a look at it and see how it goes.

Quote:
I also do not think he needs healing, as his life is enoungh and if we want him to cost more than Anti-Monitor simply adjust his life during testing.
I don't.

Quote:
One thing to keep in mind though is Galactus needs a fairly strong Unique Hero to be drafted with him, he can't be drafted on his own, so that should kinda factor into his cost a bit.
That's not true at all.

Quote:
We don't want him too high or he won't see too much play. Although the long the game goes, the more he will be able to Devour the map.
I like him right in the neighborhood of Anti-Monitor, and probably just slightly under. I think the tiered approach to his eating will help him a lot with devouring.

Quote:
Something to keep in mind when thinking of his Attack potential too, is depending on the figure, he will rarely have height if he takes up too many spaces as most height is uneven. So I could easily see a bump in his attack to 7 to compensate for that depending on the mini we use.
That's a good point. I think I'll try out 7 attack when I make the change. He doesn't have other offensive things helping him like Anti-Monitor does (Erase from Existence, Order Marker removal, the extra turn every round - though he does have his Herald).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 16th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I keep forgetting he can choose opponent's Unique Heroes. That's certainly cool.
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:34 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yep. He'll only be denied a Herald against all squaddy armies, but I can live with that.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 16th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I do not like Tickle's tier D20 idea. I would much rather keep that power simple as possible with automatically removing terrain. And on that note, what happens when Galactus removes a piece of terrain that connected two sides of the map so that now there are essentially two maps?
Old April 16th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
And on that note, what happens when Galactus removes a piece of terrain that connected two sides of the map so that now there are essentially two maps?
I asked this on the first page and Bats answered it on the first page as well.

What he said was it would basically turn into a stalemate where you would count points to decide the victor. And since Galactus costs so much he'll usually win. This will encourage the opponent to swarm Galactus and remain as close to him as possible.
Old April 16th, 2012, 11:38 AM

I might have to do a poll on the whole D20 or not thing for the Devourer power once I have both versions tweaked and written up.

Old April 16th, 2012, 11:41 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Yep. Brain fart. I now remember not only that from the first page, but also the ruling that Bats and I came up with for that over a year ago when we designed it.
Old April 16th, 2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I might have to do a poll on the whole D20 or not thing for the Devourer power once I have both versions tweaked and written up.
My thought on the D20 is that this power is already very complex, and I don't want to complicate it further with D20s and more options.
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:43 PM

OK, this is what I came up with as possible directions.

Margloth, I understand the theme of the Herald coming first, but I didn't want to lose the turn bonding with Galactus, as I think he's going to need the benefit of the extra activations during a turn to help him keep pace with crowds.

GALACTUS
TAAEN
EVENT HERO
DEVOURER
INSATIABLE
HUGE ?

28 LIFE
MOVE 0
RANGE 12
ATTACK 7
DEFENSE 6
1500 (?)

HERALD OF GALACTUS
At the start of the game, you may choose one Unique Hero on the battlefield to be Galactus' Herald. Before taking a turn with Galactus, you may take temporary control of his chosen Herald and immediately take a turn with it. At the end of that turn, control of the Herald returns to the player who previously controlled it. After taking a turn with Galactus' Herald, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or higher, place Galactus adjacent to his Herald. When Galactus is placed with Herald of Galactus, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. Galactus may not be moved by any other special power on any Army Card or glyph.

DEVOURER OF WORLDS
After taking a turn with Galactus, you must choose any two unoccupied terrain pieces, glyphs, destructible objects, or obstacles such as ruins on the battlefield and remove the chosen pieces from the battlefield if possible. If all terrain pieces, glyphs, destructible objects, and obstacles on the battlefield are occupied, Galactus may remove occupied terrain pieces, glyphs, destructible objects, or obstacles, and destroy any figures occupying them.

OR

DEVOURER OR WORLDS
After taking a turn with Galactus, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll:
· 1 – Galactus receives one wound
· 2-10 choose any one unoccupied terrain piece, glyph, destructible object, or obstacle such as a ruin on the battlefield,
· 11-16 choose any two unoccupied terrain pieces, glyphs, destructible objects, or obstacles such as ruins on the battlefield, or
· 17 or higher choose any four unoccupied terrain pieces, glyphs, destructible objects, or obstacles such as ruins on the battlefield.
Immediately remove the chosen pieces from the battlefield, if possible. If all terrain pieces, glyphs, destructible objects, and obstacles on the battlefield are occupied, Galactus may choose occupied terrain pieces, glyphs, destructible objects, or obstacles instead, and destroy any figures occupying them.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by IAmBatman; April 16th, 2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:47 PM

Bats, I didn't know you and tickle were talking about a tier that let him remove potentially more terrain. I actually do like that better.
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Tickle Pickle

The Herald power looks perfect only it should say "When Galactus is placed with Herald of Galactus..."

I really like the second version of the Devourer of Worlds powers. I can already see a fun scenario using a couple of Lava sets or a lava map under a normal urban map and not letting Galactus remove the lava. As he exposes the core of the earth, it gets more dangerous for the Heroes to fight him.
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:49 PM

Yep, that's how I read what Tickle was saying at least. I like the idea of him getting a wound if he fails and of potentially being able to tear things up fast.

It is more complex and puts more on the card, though ... I'm not sure if my wording is as tight as it could be, though?

Either way, with you on the bandwagon, I'm leaning towards the tiered approach, since I don't think the wording was quite as difficult as I'd feared. Still, I want to hear from the rest of the gang.

I'm really digging how this guy is shaping up - I think he's going to be a ton of fun!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library