Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 10th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Red Tornado - Design phase

Also, Whitestuff, GO, Spidey, Sir G, (The Monkeys) and Necro (Yoko) are available when you need em, but at your own risk.
Old December 10th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Which one of us is Yoko again?

Last edited by GreyOwl; December 10th, 2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old December 10th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It's a good question ... how would you feel about making his normal attack a melee one so that it doesn't feel thematically incorrect for him not to be pushing with it?
He'd be doing his pushing around with his special attack and when flying over people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
My other thought before I went with Griffs SA was to have normal attack that only had a range of 1 no movement, but a SA that was like Jotun's throw but you got to do it an additional time.
So what did you have in mind for the SA? With a normal melee I like the multiple throw idea.

Cheers
I think the throw idea would make it seem too much like, you know, a throw ...
How about the affects all adjacent and then instead of wounds triggering movement, you get to move each figure a number of spaces equal to the skulls rolled?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 10th, 2010, 09:16 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I think the throw idea would make it seem too much like, you know, a throw ...
Well mechanincally speaking that's the same thing
Quote:
How about the affects all adjacent and then instead of wounds triggering movement, you get to move each figure a number of spaces equal to the skulls rolled?
So he rolls 3 skulls, do adjacent the figures roll defense dice? & if so are you saying they take any wounds & then get placed 3 spaces away?

I'm still not in love with the melee SA though what about choose up to 3-4 figures up to 4 spaces away? I'm am finding it really hard to loose his most common form of attack which is his blast of winds from his hands.

Cheers
Old December 10th, 2010, 09:19 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I guess I'm not seeing the need for him to be able to move around figures with a ranged attack and by flying over them ...
Maybe we should cut the flying power and just go with a special attack that's melee and a normal ranged attack that let's him move figures when they're wounded?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 10th, 2010, 09:28 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I can live with that, but I think Griff was also wanting to move friendlies around also which wouldn't be able to if the movement was tied only to attacks. It's not important to the theme for me, I think that's a HS mechanics thing that Griff wanted.

Are you thinking the melee SA also moves the figures, like my original Tornado Winds?

Cheers
Old December 10th, 2010, 09:39 PM

Hmm ... you know what, if the normal attack let's him move figures, I'm just having trouble figuring out a way to have the special attack be different enough to make it worthwhile ... how about keep the flying and remove the special attack. Then make it so he can't attack on turns he moves figures with his flying power and give him the original Tornado Winds power.

Old December 10th, 2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Hmm ... you know what, if the normal attack let's him move figures, I'm just having trouble figuring out a way to have the special attack be different enough to make it worthwhile ... how about keep the flying and remove the special attack. Then make it so he can't attack on turns he moves figures with his flying power and give him the original Tornado Winds power.
I can get behind that. I have to go out now & then I will be installing my new computer components & reformating so I will be offline probably til this evening I will fix then.

Cheers
Old December 10th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
NAME = RED TORNADO
SECRET IDENTITY = JOHN SMITH

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ????????
PERSONALITY = BENEVOLENT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = ???

TORNADO SPIN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
All figures adjacent to Red Tornado are affected by Tornado Spin Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

AIRBLAST
If Red Tornado inflicts at least one wound on a small or medium figure or destructible object this turn with his normal attack, you may place that figure or destructible object on any empty space up to 2 spaces away from its current position if that space is no more than 10 levels higher than Red Tornado's base. A figure moved by Tornado Winds never takes any leaving engagement attacks.

AIR ELEMENTAL FLYING
When Red Tornado starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. For each figure Red Tornado passed over this turn, you may place that figure on any empty space up to X spaces away from its current position where X equals 2 for any opponents' figure and 4 for any friendly figure. A figure moved by Air Elemental Flying cannot be placed on a space that is more than 10 levels higher than Red Tornado's base and never takes leaving engagement attacks. If Red Tornado uses Air Elemental Flying to move one or more figures, he may not move a figure or destructible object with his Airblast special power this turn.

Flying Symbol
Super Strength Symbol
I tried to incorporate his Airblast (whirlwind blasts from his hands) and the movement of figures as wells as DO's. I figured the small and medium size was required as it is for Throwing powers. I like the idea of him blasting a figure or DO back with his normal attack. I wasn't really a fan if him moving figures with his Special Attack, though I'm fine with him having Tornado Spin Special Attack as it is simple but opens up many options/opportunities for him, despite being a pretty basic power (if the shoe fits).

I figured that since he can't move anyone with his special attack any longer, that he should be able to use it after Air Elemental Flying. However, to keep the moving to a dull roar, I figured that he shouldn't be able to move a figure or DO with Airblast if he moved some with Air Elemental Flying. The theme would be that he was focusing his winds more on moving figures with AEF and didn't have as much punch with Airblast to move someone or something. The gameplay result would be more decisions and less crazy figure movement that would slow the game down and be too swingy in how it messes with opponent's strategy (things change so much with figures getting moved around) or insta kills figures with lava, as well as potential wounds from Electric Skin and Engagement Strike, as well as getting Stuck to Blob.

Anyway, that's my thinking on my suggested changes etc.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 10th, 2010, 11:45 PM

I see you, and I raise you ...

NAME = RED TORNADO
SECRET IDENTITY = JOHN SMITH

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ????????
PERSONALITY = BENEVOLENT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = ???

AIRBLAST
If Red Tornado inflicts at least one wound on a small or medium figure or destructible object this turn with his normal attack, you may place that figure or destructible object on any empty space up to 2 spaces away from its current position if that space is no more than 10 levels higher than Red Tornado's base. A figure moved by Tornado Winds never takes any leaving engagement attacks.

AIR ELEMENTAL FLYING
When Red Tornado starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. For each figure Red Tornado passed over this turn, you may place that figure on any empty space up to X spaces away from its current position where X equals 2 for any opponents' figure and 4 for any friendly figure. A figure moved by Air Elemental Flying cannot be placed on a space that is more than 10 levels higher than Red Tornado's base and never takes leaving engagement attacks. If Red Tornado uses Air Elemental Flying to move one or more figures, he may not use his Airblast special power this turn.

Flying Symbol
Super Strength Symbol

A bit shorter and it cuts out the special attack, which just isn't interesting to me as an attack all adjacent figs and nothing else power.

Old December 10th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Fair enough. He can always use his AEF to move his own figures to good positions and opponent's figures to bad positions and still attack with his normal attack.

We'll see what A3n says. I really like Airblast and how it seems (to me at least) to capture the theme A3n was looking for and even more so with DO's included. There's also a nice check in AEF to keep him from getting too crazy moving figures and allows for some nice gameplay choices.

Good stuff.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 11th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I like PROTECTOR as a class.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library