Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 10th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Red Tornado - Design phase

Well it seems like the special attack is like him being tornado-like, spinning around and affecting all adjacents and his normal attack isn't supposed to be his fists so much as those tornado wind blasts that shoot out of his hands at up to 350mph and can knock stuff around.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 10th, 2010, 04:34 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
AIR ELEMENTAL FLYING
When Red Tornado starts to fly, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. For each figure Red Tornado passed over this turn, you may place them that figure on any empty space up to X spaces away from their its current position where X equals 2 for any opponents' figures, and X equals 4 for any friendly figure. A figure moved by Air Elemental Flying cannot be placed on a space that is more than 10 levels higher than Red Tornado's base, and they never takes leaving engagement attacks.
Even more agreement
Updated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Well it seems like the special attack is like him being tornado-like, spinning around and affecting all adjacents and his normal attack isn't supposed to be his fists so much as those tornado wind blasts that shoot out of his hands at up to 350mph and can knock stuff around.
exactly.
Old December 10th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Call me crazy, but I'd love to see these tweaks:

TORNADO SPIN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
All figures adjacent to Red Tornado are affected by Tornado Spin Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. If Red Tornado inflicts at least one wound on an opponent's figure with his Tornado Spin Special Attack, but does not destroy that figure, you may place the affected figure on any empty space within 2 spaces of its original placement if that space is no more than 10 levels higher than Red Tornado's base. A figure moved by Tornado Spin Special Attack never takes any leaving engagement attacks.

AIR ELEMENTAL FLYING
When Red Tornado starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. For each figure Red Tornado passed over this turn, you may place that figure on any empty space up to X spaces away from its current position where X equals 2 for any opponents' figure and 4 for any friendly figure. A figure moved by Air Elemental Flying cannot be placed on a space that is more than 10 levels higher than Red Tornado's base and never takes leaving engagement attacks. If Red Tornado uses Air Elemental Flying to move one or more figures, he may not use his Tornado Spin Special Attack this turn.

This would stop there from being too much moving in a single turn, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 10th, 2010, 05:10 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Actually I am leaning more towards the move/placing happening on the normal attack more than the SA.

Cheers
Old December 10th, 2010, 05:17 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Actually I am leaning more towards the move/placing happening on the normal attack more than the SA.

Cheers
If that's the case, I don't think he really needs the Special Attack (just being able to attack all adjacent figures isn't all that special, IMO).
Also, if that's the case, I don't think he should be able to attack when he moves figures with his Air Elemental Flying.
Moving figures he flies over, automatically + moving figures he wounds all in one turn = too much moving and not enough strategic choice, IMO.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 10th, 2010, 05:26 PM

Really? I kind of like that that's what he does. What about if the flying over was toned down to 1 & 3? The move with the normal attack would only happen to 1 other figure & only if a wound was inflicted.

My other thought before I went with Griffs SA was to have normal attack that only had a range of 1 no movement, but a SA that was like Jotun's throw but you got to do it an additional time.

Cheers
Old December 10th, 2010, 05:30 PM

We've got to teach you to think like a player sometimes and not just a theme fan. I think it's your only real weakness as a designer. You always nail the theme and come up with great ideas for new powers and mechanics, but I think you sometimes forget that there's more to making a unit fun to play than just having it be a great thematic representation of the character.
I know one of the things I like best about a lot of the customs we do - speaking as a player - is when we give the player interesting strategic choices.
I see a real opportunity to do that here. I guess it just seems too "easy" to me if he just gets to use all of his powers almost automatically (he does have to wound you to use one) every turn. There's no risk/reward factor there. There's no decision making factor. There's no learning curve. I guess I like units that are easy to use and difficult to master and I think building more strategic decision in (such as - do I forgo a better attack to move figures with my flying power or do I use the better attack and hope to still be able to move them if I score a wound) can really take a good custom here and move it to the next level.

Old December 10th, 2010, 05:56 PM

I agree with all that you are saying -- about me & about strategy. I like to hold on to my theme & let you guys ground it. That's why I like the discussions about it. I think when we go backward & forth the end result is better than what either of us had initially in mind.

Why I am having a hard time here is that yours & Griffs ideas are great for a unit in HS but aren't quite right for the RT character. It's like all you are taking from him is that he moves people around & designing a cool HS unit from that.

So where are we now?
You like the SA with the move & the flying with the move that excludes the SA.
Both of this I am really ok with however (& I know this is a theme thing) RT's ranged attack is wind blasts from his hand & that is where the moving of characters should mostly occur IMO.

Which direction do you really want to push him?
Old December 10th, 2010, 06:02 PM

It's a good question ... how would you feel about making his normal attack a melee one so that it doesn't feel thematically incorrect for him not to be pushing with it?
He'd be doing his pushing around with his special attack and when flying over people.

Old December 10th, 2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It's a good question ... how would you feel about making his normal attack a melee one so that it doesn't feel thematically incorrect for him not to be pushing with it?
He'd be doing his pushing around with his special attack and when flying over people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
My other thought before I went with Griffs SA was to have normal attack that only had a range of 1 no movement, but a SA that was like Jotun's throw but you got to do it an additional time.
So what did you have in mind for the SA? With a normal melee I like the multiple throw idea.

Cheers
Old December 10th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Just letting you guys (Lennon and McCartney) work things out while I (Ringo) stay out of your way. Later, perhaps me and Hahma (George) can smooth out any thing that needs it.
Old December 10th, 2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Just letting you guys (Lennon and McCartney) work things out while I (Ringo) stay out of your way. Later, perhaps me and Hahma (George) can smooth out any thing that needs it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library