Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Closed Thread

Old November 6th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
C3G Public Design: Catman - Design Phase

The Book of Catman

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Origin set. Its model number and name is 40,41,42/Cat-Man.

(INSERT MINIATURE PICTURE)

NAME = Catman
SECRET IDENTITY = Thomas Blake

SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Hunter
PERSONALITY = Cunning
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 9
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 150

HUNTER'S PROWL
At the start of the game, before rolling for initiative, choose an opponent's Unique Hero. For the rest of the game, at the end of each of the chosen Hero's turns, and if Catman is not adjacent to the chosen Hero, you may move Catman up to 4 spaces. If Catman ends his Hunter's Prowl move adjacent to the chosen Hero, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, the chosen Hero receives one wound. When Catman moves with Hunter's Prowl he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

OUTLAW COMMANDER

After revealing an Order Marker on Catman, instead of taking a turn with Catman, you may do one of the following:
  • Move any two Outlaw Heroes you control.
  • Attack with any two Outlaw Heroes you control.
  • Move any Outlaw Hero you control and attack with any other Outlaw Hero you control.
Any figure in the above list that is moving or attacking must be within clear sight of Catman before moving or attacking.

A COWARD'S REWARD
Catman rolls one additional die against figures leaving an engagement with him.
- Renamed TRACKING 8 to ON THE PROWL
- Added "no leaving engagement attacks" to ON THE PROWL
- Reworded and changed power name to PROWL
- Added OUTLAW COMMANDER
- Changed Defense from 2 to 3
- Changed Range from 5 to 1
- Changed Point Cost from 100 to 150
- Changed Outlaw Commander to give a list of options
- Revised Outlaw Commander
- Revised Prowl and changed name to Hunter's Prowl

Character Bio -
A renowned hunter turned bumbling villain, Tom Blake lived with a lion pride in the wild to rediscover himself. Now more deadly and resourceful, Catman has become one of the world's premier trackers and hunters.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

Synergy Benefits Received

Classic:
  • N/A
Marvel:
  • N/A
C3G:
  • N/A
Synergy Benefits Offered

Marvel:
  • N/A
Classic:
  • N/A
C3G:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • (Insert initial playtest here)
  • (Insert second playtest here)
  • (Insert third playtest here)
Outlaw proxies for playtesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; November 8th, 2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old November 6th, 2010, 10:13 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Public Design: Catman - Design Phase

We need both a good comic picture and mini pictures for Catman. I have the mini if needed.

Quote:
Old November 6th, 2010, 10:15 AM

Also, either Outcast or Hunter would work, depending on what synergies you want to work with.

Quote:
Old November 6th, 2010, 10:33 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I think Hunter is better. There's no synergy for either curently, so it doesn't really matter.

Also, the title of this thread should b "Book of Catman - Design Phase".

And finally, I was loking at this but couldn't find any way to improve it. Nice job!

EDIT: I'm liking this comic art...

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 6th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think I prefer Hunter better. I mean, I don't mind the cross-synergy goofiness of Outcast, I just think Hunter fits the theme of the card better.
It should be noted that DC character Wildcat actually has 9 lives, literally, as a power. I'm on the fence about giving Catman here 9 lives.
But, then, we did it with Catwoman, so there's certainly some consistency there ...
Another thing we might bring up in regards to class is - do we plan on doing the whole Secret Six at some point (I imagine we would) and how interested are we in giving them synergy if so? I know Spidey has some interest in this group, so I'd love to hear his thoughts both on this team wide synergy issue and on this design specifically.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 6th, 2010, 10:39 AM

Hunter it is then! The 9 Life is just a goofy thing (like it was for Catwoman) but it went over really well for Catwoman so I thought it might be nice for Catman too.

As for Secret Six synergy, I've read a Birds of Prey comic compilation. It seems that while the Secret Six work together, they don't really have much synergy. But that's just my very limited impression.

Quote:
Old November 6th, 2010, 10:41 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think I prefer Hunter better. I mean, I don't mind the cross-synergy goofiness of Outcast, I just think Hunter fits the theme of the card better.
It should be noted that DC character Wildcat actually has 9 lives, literally, as a power. I'm on the fence about giving Catman here 9 lives.
But, then, we did it with Catwoman, so there's certainly some consistency there ...
Another thing we might bring up in regards to class is - do we plan on doing the whole Secret Six at some point (I imagine we would) and how interested are we in giving them synergy if so? I know Spidey has some interest in this group, so I'd love to hear his thoughts both on this team wide synergy issue and on this design specifically.
Wildcat is in the works? That's the other mini sitting on my shelf, untouched, never used...

Old November 6th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nobody said anything about Wildcat being designed - just passing on knowledge about a power of the actual comic book character.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 6th, 2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Nobody said anything about Wildcat being designed - just passing on knowledge about a power of the actual comic book character.
Ah, I see, I see...

Old November 6th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I'm loving this nice simple design!
Old November 6th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
As for Secret Six synergy, I've read a Birds of Prey comic compilation. It seems that while the Secret Six work together, they don't really have much synergy. But that's just my very limited impression.
I think that Secret Six - like a lot of teams, including the modern Heroes for Hire I've been playing with in my head - would work better as a well-priced army than any sort of direct synergy. Have all six major members cost something in the 100 range, and add up to 600 Points for a nice even army with a good mix of powers (support, range, melee, so forth).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I'm loving this nice simple design!
So am I. Honestly, assuming that we're going with the modern Catman instead of the classic Batman villain (even if they're the same person you know what I mean), I honestly don't have any problems with it. The 9 Life can be justified by his "magic cloak," so, nothing wrong there.

Any information on synergies for Hunters, though? If there are any, at least; I can't think of any off the top of my head.
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:00 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Speaking, of course, as an observer and someone who has totally no C3G status (ignore as needed!), I have the following comments:

I really like the simple design. No confusion as to what this guy does.

I understand the 9 lives thing, but is it thematic? First, Catman is an accomplished athlete and fighter. Not sure he should take wounds so easily. And second, his suit seems like it should cause him to heal, or perhaps ignore wounds, rather than make him be able to deal with a lot of damage.

I love tracking, but why the D20 roll? I would rather just see a leaving engagement mechanic (roll a combat die, skull = hit), since this is thematically more Catman making an opportunity attack that anything involving luck or skill (imho).

Ok, I'm done. Resume the real work.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy