Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 16th, 2010, 12:09 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Dr. Leonard McCoy - Playtesting Phase

The Book of Dr. Leonard McCoy

Trekscape

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure to be determined after their release.

TBA

Background:
TBA

Dr. Leonard McCoy

Starfleet
Human
Unique Hero
Doctor
Merciful
Medium 5

LIFE 4
MOVE 5
RANGE 5
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 3
POINTS 70

I'M A DOCTOR...
After revealing an Order Marker on a wounded small or medium Hero figure you control that is adjacent to Dr. Leonard McCoy, and before using any other special powers on any Army Card or Glyph, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-12, nothing happens. If you roll a 13 or higher, remove up to 2 wound markers from that Hero's Army Card.

...NOT A FIGHTER
When Dr. Leonard McCoy attacks, subtract one skull from whatever is rolled. When Dr. Leonard McCoy uses his Stun ability, add one skull to whatever is rolled.

LANDING PARTY
Dr. Leonard McCoy may roll one additional defense die and may add 2 to his 20-sided die rolls for each friendly Human Captain or Vulcan Commander that are in clear sight of Dr. Leonard McCoy, to a maxiumum of 2 additional defense dice and an additional four to his 20-sided rolls.

Character Bio - Leonard H. McCoy, MD was a noted physician and scientist of the 23rd and 24th centuries. McCoy was an accomplished surgeon, physician, psychologist, and exobiologist, and was also considered an expert in space psychology. As ship's surgeon and chief medical officer, he served aboard the USS Enterprise and USS Enterprise-A for a combined twenty-seven years.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

• _________________________________________________________________
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received

Classic:
  • N/A
Marvel:
  • N/A
Other:
  • N/A
Synergy Benefits Offered

Classic:
  • N/A
Marvel:
  • N/A
Other:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Playtest Results-

• (Insert first playtest here)
  • (Insert second playtest here)
  • (Insert third playtest here)

Design Notes:
I wanted to have McCoy be a utility figure, in the back of the army healing. And of course, there is the synergy with Kirk and Spock to consider, so I came up with a bonus for him when they are on the battlefield. The only thing I'm not happy while this minute is the wording for Landing Party. Suggestions are welcome. And lastly, I wanted to reflect the fact that McCoy is a strict follower of ther hippocratic oath. A perfect example of this is in Mirror, Mirror where he actually stops to heal the Mirror Spock before rejoining the group (yes, that was a plot device to get allow the Mirror Spock to catch up to Kirk and the others, but that's only one example).

Last edited by wulfhunter667; August 15th, 2010 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Typo, minor tweaks and reformatting.
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Dr. Leonard McCoy - Brainstorming Phase

I have an idea for a power for McCoy. He should have something where healing is increased when he is adjacent to Kirk or Spock. It is increased even more when he is adjacant to both. This will encourage play to match the theme of these three being together.

Spock would have a similar power with initiative and Kirk would have one for his own attack.

You could just give him 0 attack to reflect the oath

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:18 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
I have an idea for a power for McCoy. He should have something where healing is increased when he is adjacent to Kirk or Spock. It is increased even more when he is adjacant to both. This will encourage play to match the theme of these three being together.

Spock would have a similar power with initiative and Kirk would have one for his own attack.

The idea here is not to prevent McCoy from having an attack, but rather to reflect that he is not going for the kill. Hence, the subtracting of a skull.
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:27 PM

Boodog knows what's in an order marker Boodog knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Quote:

The idea here is not to prevent McCoy from having an attack, but rather to reflect that he is not going for the kill. Hence, the subtracting of a skull.
Very nice! You worked in his ethical code, synergy with Kirk and Spock, and used some classic lines to do so. Starting at 70 points and going from there would be good. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be 80-90 though. When some other figs are designed, I will try and playtest. I think "Landing Party" looks fine except that the first "dice" should read "die" (singular). Also, the ellipses look odd after I'm a doctor, so maybe just put that in quotes.

Nice work!

DUNESCAPE

The spice must flow!
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Quote:

Very nice! You worked in his ethical code, synergy with Kirk and Spock, and used some classic lines to do so. Starting at 70 points and going from there would be good. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be 80-90 though. When some other figs are designed, I will try and playtest. I think "Landing Party" looks fine except that the first "dice" should read "die" (singular). Also, the ellipses look odd after I'm a doctor, so maybe just put that in quotes.

Nice work!
Good catch on the "dice." My bust. The ellipses are on purpose to tie the power into the next power as a single quote. "I'm a doctor, not a fighter." Get it?
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Landing party needs to specifiy in the same army or friendly army. Once these are all created, you could have McCoy drafted to help the Klingons against Kirk and Spock in which case he shouldn't get the bonus.
What about this:

LANDING PARTY
If both Captain James T. Kirk and Commander Spock are in the same or friendly army and are on the battlefield, Dr. Leonard McCoy rolls one additional defense die and adds 2 to his I'm A Doctor... rolls.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Landing party needs to specifiy in the same army or friendly army. Once these are all created, you could have McCoy drafted to help the Klingons against Kirk and Spock in which case he shouldn't get the bonus.
What about this:

LANDING PARTY
If both Captain James T. Kirk and Commander Spock are in the same or friendly army and are on the battlefield, Dr. Leonard McCoy rolls one additional defense die and adds 2 to his I'm A Doctor... rolls.
To right. Hadn't thought about that. Updating.
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:54 PM

Old Rough and Ready is surprisingly tart

Looks Awesome to me.

I take it Phasers will be equipment right? Think I glanced over that.

My Customs (Check Em' Out!)
Star Trek Scape (personal figures) (Going Where No Heroscaper Has Gone Before...)
Chief Engineer (Self-proclaimed) at TrekScape
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rough and Ready View Post
Looks Awesome to me.

I take it Phasers will be equipment right? Think I glanced over that.
Added the Phaser symbol, since I forgot it the first time.
And actually, come to think of it, should probably increase his range to in order to reflect phaser use.
Old July 16th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Brainstorming Phase - I honestly haven't read anything above yet - brainstorming is supposed to be stream of consciousness, get it all down on paper so as soon as I saw the thread I started this.

Star Trek's version of Kelda

Human
Unique Hero
Officer, to allow bonding with Captains
Merciful

stats:
lowered attack (2) - he's taken the Hippocratic Oath
baseline human move (5), defense (3), and life (4)
baseline phaser range (5)

something about healing, hypospray, "I'm a Doctor",

synergy with Kirk and Spock

Stun symbol - counts as a power

points - Kelda-like 80?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old July 16th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Great looking card, Wulf. You really did a fantastic job with Bones.

Critiques:
  • I think I'm A Doctor... and ...Not a Fighter would look better in quotes.
  • Shouldn't his class be "Doctor"?
  • In ...Not a Fighter, why does Bones get a bonus when stunning a character. I know it seems to make some sense logically, but he really doesn't fit thematically. Is he really more accurate than everyone else because he has his phasor on stun?
  • I think Landing Party needs a better name. Perhaps something iconic that references the three of them?
Old July 16th, 2010, 02:53 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

I like him my only reservation is he could heal a number of different figs in one round, and that on there OMs not his. What about him healing instead of attacking.

I'M A DOCTOR...
Instead of attacking Bones may remove up to two wound markers from an adjacent figure's army card.

The current version seems a little wordy as it includes a roll for each person who is trying to get healed by him. And I don't see why this is necessary

"and before using any other special powers on any Army Card or Glyph"

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum