Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's the better Joker?
Heath Ledger 71 91.03%
Jack Nicholson 7 8.97%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 22nd, 2008, 07:46 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Who's the better Joker?

I have yet to see the box office hit, The Dark Knight (seeing it tomorrow), but have heard that the passed actor Heath Ledgar did an amazing job as the Joker.

Now, I ask, who did a better job as the classic comic book villian?

Heath Ledger
Very believeable

Jack Nicholson
Great smile, the original

I'll vote once I see the movie tomorrow.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old July 22nd, 2008, 07:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Who's the better Joker?

...what about Cesar Romero?
Old July 22nd, 2008, 07:56 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I haven't seen the movie, but I've watched the trailer, and seen a lot of comercials, and from that ALONE Heath Ledger wins. Think about it, his roll was so Demonic that is killed him o.O
Old July 22nd, 2008, 08:25 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'm guessing he was from the TV show. I'm doing movies. It's a little easier since Cesar was in quite a few episodes I believe, while these guys were in 1 movies. Too old for some to remember anyway...

Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old July 22nd, 2008, 08:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'm guessing he was from the TV show. I'm doing movies. It's a little easier since Cesar was in quite a few episodes I believe, while these guys were in 1 movies. Too old for some to remember anyway...
He was in the 1966 Batman movie, too.

Whippersnappers that are the same age as me... no respect for the classic Batman movie I've never seen...
Old July 22nd, 2008, 08:31 PM

I'm younger than you, so I'm off the hook!

Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old July 22nd, 2008, 08:31 PM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!

Really both are a homage to Romero's Joker. particularly the laugh

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 08:56 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

And each portray the Joker in a different way Nicholson's was more of a funny criminal with a sadistic streak much like the animated series, whereas Ledger's was the darker far more sadistic Joker, who played everyone around him.

DWARVES!
Old July 22nd, 2008, 09:06 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
And each portray the Joker in a different way Nicholson's was more of a funny criminal with a sadistic streak much like the animated series, whereas Ledger's was the darker far more sadistic Joker, who played everyone around him.

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 09:09 PM

Okay, but which did you like better? the funny criminal, or the dark sadistic?

Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old July 22nd, 2008, 09:12 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ummmmm, well I mean I like what they did with the new joker, but I love the classic funny criminal too.

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 09:15 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart

I have to admit Jack Nicholson was awesome,
but Heath Ledger just adds a new Joker is....well.....more "jokingly evil"
i really like the new joker,

DeadEye

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General