Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 9th, 2010, 10:33 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Red Tornado

The Book of Red Tornado

C3G DC WAVE 7
THE PURSUIT OF JUSTICE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Collateral Damage set.
Its model number and name are #071-072 / Red Tornado.
Its model number and name are #212 / Tornado Tyrant.

Character Bio - Originally a being from the planet Rann in the Earth-One universe. The being confronted Rann's adopted champion but was defeated. Following the defeat, the being contemplated the nature of good and evil and decided that good was the superior force. It observed the exploits of the JLA and then departed Earth and settled on an abandoned planet, which it transformed into a perfect replica of Earth, right down to its populace. The only absence was that of the Justice League of America, and the entity split itself to become the JLA of this world, taking for itself the name of the Tornado Champion. However, this life was not to last for long, as it discovered that it had inadverdently split itself into two separate entities, based on its decision as to which side was superior. The second entity, which embodied the Tornado Champion's previous evil side, dubbed itself the Tornado Tyrant. Confronting the Tyrant, the Tornado Champion was easily defeated. Disheartened, the Tornado Champion lured the Tyrant to Earth-One, where the Tyrant was defeated by the real JLA. The Tornado Champion decided that there was little satisfaction in being an imitation, and journeyed to Earth-Two in an attempt to find a new identity. The Tornado Champion came upon the criminal T. O. Morrow, who was creating an android with which to infiltrate and defeat the Justice Society of America. The Tornado Champion decided to assume control of the robotic form. The merging had an unexpected side effect, however: The Tornado Champion's memory was erased. Red Tornado thus seemed to be a new life-form.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • As an Android, Red Tornado is immune to a number of special powers, such as Baron von Strucker's Death Spore Release. However, they also have certain vulnerabilities, such as Strucker's Satan's Claw Special Attack.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Champion

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:01 PM. Reason: png
Old December 9th, 2010, 10:33 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Red Tornado - Design phase

NAME = RED TORNADO
SECRET IDENTITY = JOHN SMITH

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = BENEVOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 300

AIR ELEMENTAL FLYING
When Red Tornado starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After moving normally, you may place each tiny, small, or medium figure Red Tornado passed over this turn on any empty space within 2 spaces of its original placement. A figure moved by Air Elemental Flying never takes any leaving engagement attacks. If Red Tornado uses Air Elemental Flying to move one or more figures, he may not use his Tornado Force Special Attack this turn.

TORNADO FORCE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4.
Choose up to 2 figures to attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately. If a tiny, small, or medium figure receives one or more wounds from this special attack, you may place that figure on any empty space within 2 spaces of its original placement. A figure moved by this special attack may not be placed closer to Red Tornado than its original placement and never takes leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Original Post:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Lord Pyre; March 18th, 2021 at 04:27 PM.
Old December 9th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cool, I'm glad you went with this guy A3n. Here are a couple quick things I thought of off hand so far.

TORNADO WINDS
If Red Tornado inflicts at least one wound on a figure this turn with his normal attack, you may move that figure up to 2 spaces. A figure moved by Tornado Winds never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved by Tornado Winds can receive any falling damage that may apply.

AIR ELEMENTAL FLYING
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before attacking, you may choose up to 2 figures Red Tornado passed over this turn. You may move a chosen figure up to 2 spaces if they are an opponents' figure, and up to 4 spaces each if they are a friendly figure. A figure moved by Air Elemental Flying never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved by Air Elemental Flying can receive any falling damage that may apply.

I took the wording from Spider Girl's Field Pulse, as it allows her to move opponents figures and not in the Throw sense.

Edit again. I changed up Air Elemental Flying a little more because he could have moved from Martian Manhunter's Telepathic Directive, passed over his teammates to move them and then moved those figures from Telepathic Directive. This pinpoints it more to be on his move after revealing an OM and also I put a limit of up to 2 (though I suppose that can be different) just because it can get really crazy if he can constantly move everyone everytime he moves, as there can be falling damage to resolve, engagement strikes to resolve etc. etc. It would be kind of messy.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by IAmBatman; October 25th, 2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old December 9th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Seems pretty cool, very thematic! However, I think he has too many powers. Five total if you count Flying (I guess we don't normally count SS as one). Tornado Winds and Air Elemental Flying seem a bit redunant, in that they both move figures. So maybe those could be merged into a single power?
Old December 9th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Seems pretty cool, very thematic! However, I think he has too many powers. Five total if you count Flying (I guess we don't normally count SS as one). Tornado Winds and Air Elemental Flying seem a bit redunant, in that they both move figures. So maybe those could be merged into a single power?

Yeah, I was thinking that too about redundancy. Though, I guess if there's a unit that can move people like that, it could be him.

Well, perhaps to lose one of the powers, we can add Tornado Winds to Tornado Spin Special Attack.

TORNADO SPIN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
All figures adjacent to Red Tornado are affected by Tornado Spin Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. If Red Tornado inflicts at least one wound on a figure with Tornado Spin Special Attack, you may move that figure up to 2 spaces. A figure moved by Tornado Spin Special Attack never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved by Tornado Spin Special Attack can receive any falling damage that may apply.

Old December 9th, 2010, 11:51 PM

@Hahma, the not taking leaving engagement part is good, but I don't really think the no damage for non flyers is too thematic as normally they are just blown back & then try to fly at him again. As for the OM requirement I don't like that either because this power is part of his movement whether it was a gifted turn or not he is still moving the same way . I can live with the 2 figure limitation if everybody deems it necessary I just think it's who he is to be moving & throwing bad guys out of the way or giving a lift to the friendlies that need it .

@GreyOwl, yeah there are a few powers on there but none of them are difficult or too wordy & IMO all are thematic. Air Elemental Flying & Flying (symbol) would actually be only the one power like Stealth Flying. Air Elemental Flying & Tornado Winds are different powers & don't make either one redundant. AEF happens during the move phase & doesn't inflict wounds unless a figure is forced into lava or off a cliff, & TW only allows you to move a figure if they get wounded, so merging the 2 wouldn't work either.

Cheers
Old December 10th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
@Hahma, the not taking leaving engagement part is good, but I don't really think the no damage for non flyers is too thematic as normally they are just blown back & then try to fly at him again. As for the OM requirement I don't like that either because this power is part of his movement whether it was a gifted turn or not he is still moving the same way . I can live with the 2 figure limitation if everybody deems it necessary I just think it's who he is to be moving & throwing bad guys out of the way or giving a lift to the friendlies that need it .
Well it was actually non-flyers that do take possible damage. If he moves them off a cliff, a non flyer would be subject to falling damage, but a flyer would still be moved, but not subject to falling damage because they can fly. At least that's the theme/wording of it from Johnny's Spider-Girl.

Last edited by Hahma; December 10th, 2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old December 10th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

How do you want people to "move" affected figures? I think you have the burden of either defining the alternative "movement" like a throw, or flying, or leap, etc. or you have to define that the player takes temporary control of the figure to move it. If you don't, people will 1- try and walk the figures in the traditional "movement" sense and possibly even try to use movement powers on the figure's card, and 2- there will be disputes as to what powers can or cannot be triggered when a separate player "moves" a figure that doesn't belong to him.

In order to accomplish the necessary tasks that I mention here, I think something is likely going to have to be cut from the card.

Last edited by Griffin; December 10th, 2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old December 10th, 2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Well it was actually non-flyers that do take possible damage. If he moves them off a cliff, a non flyer would be subject to falling damage, but a flyer would still be moved, but not subject to falling damage because they can fly. At least that's the theme/wording of it from Johnny's Spider-Girl.
Oh crap I did mean the flyers not the non flyers .
Old December 10th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

After reading the bio, I think the class should be Champion. I like that class for what I know of the character too.
I like combining the first two powers, but I think there's still a bit too much overall power text on the card.
This isn't going to be popular, probably, but I really don't like the HIGH VELOCITY MOVEMENT 12 defensive power ... I guess I can see the theme behind it, but mechanically it's a pretty mundane D20 defensive power. I think it'll make him insanely powerful when combined with his high life and OK defense and all of his offensive/movement potential. I'd rather see his base defense go up to 5, maybe 6, and drop that power and keep the other two (including the first one that's a combo of the current first two powers).
There still might need to be a discussion about how we want to use move versus place, but I think getting it down to two powers would be a move in the right direction.
I know the defensive power is one off your own card, so you're probably fairly close to it, so I do apologize. I just don't find it all that interesting compared to the rest of the write up and I really feel it can (and should) be easily folded into his stats.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 10th, 2010, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
After reading the bio, I think the class should be Champion. I like that class for what I know of the character too.
I like combining the first two powers, but I think there's still a bit too much overall power text on the card.
This isn't going to be popular, probably, but I really don't like the HIGH VELOCITY MOVEMENT 12 defensive power ... I guess I can see the theme behind it, but mechanically it's a pretty mundane D20 defensive power. I think it'll make him insanely powerful when combined with his high life and OK defense and all of his offensive/movement potential. I'd rather see his base defense go up to 5, maybe 6, and drop that power and keep the other two (including the first one that's a combo of the current first two powers).
There still might need to be a discussion about how we want to use move versus place, but I think getting it down to two powers would be a move in the right direction.
I know the defensive power is one off your own card, so you're probably fairly close to it, so I do apologize. I just don't find it all that interesting compared to the rest of the write up and I really feel it can (and should) be easily folded into his stats.
I had Champion also as that's what I had for my own card, but when typing the bio up I realised that he was the loser in both fights, so I quickly dropped that.

I can drop the defensive power, I don't want to combine the Tornado Winds with the SA though because then he wouldn't have the effect on his normal attack & really it should be every attack he makes because that's how he attacks I was going to include leaving engagement attacks also but I thought that was too much.

I was thinking that just using place might solve the move issues so I will try re-wording that shortly.

Cheers
Old December 10th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good stuff. And I'm flexible on Champion ... I just don't have any better ideas. Crime Fighter doesn't feel right. Guardian doesn't quite do it. Would Elemental work as a class or is that more a species?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library