Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old August 11th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by loserguy
I have a question about Ornak's Red Flag of Fury Aura. It says it can only be used if order marker 1 is placed on it. What if I took a turn with him on turn one, and then on turn 2 I used the blade gruts. Could I choose Ornak as my Orc champion of choice and then re-use his Red Flag of Fury Aura again because order marker one is still on it?

If that made any sense to anyone... help me out please.
Nope you can't do that. It says "instead of taking THAT TURN with him..." That turn, referring to the turn granted by Order Marker 1.
Old August 11th, 2007, 11:13 PM

loserguy has disabled reputation
Thanks, Nether. I just wanted some clarification because if that was possible, it would be pretty awesome. Turn 1 with Ornak and move Cyprien and Grimnak (or whatever). Turn 2 with Blade Gruts, go to Ornak, move both heroes again, then move Gruts. Repeat turn 2 for turn 3. Whoa. Two chomps without wasting an order marker would be pretty sweet though. Add 2 more sets of Blade Gruts and that would be a pretty sweet 500 pt army. Dang, now I really wish that it was possible

11 RotV - 5 RttFF - 5 FotA - 5 VW - 5 TT- 5 MS
Full Waves 1,2,4,5,6,7
Old August 20th, 2007, 12:51 AM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart
Heres an army with orcs and some range.

Ornak-100
Grimnak-220
Heavy Gruts-290
Zetians-360
DW9K-500

Ornak can still have Grimnak and DW9K move first. Then use the bonding by the heavies to move grimank up and fill his belly. DW9K can supply range. The Zettians can be backup or glyph grabbers if needed.

DeadEye
Old September 5th, 2007, 07:22 PM

ArcturusII has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye
Heres an army with orcs and some range.

Ornak-100
Grimnak-220
Heavy Gruts-290
Zetians-360
DW9K-500
I actually think that the Deathwalkers are a natural fit for Ornak, being ranged heroes that follow Utgar. Also, the appearance of Marcu Esenwein with Wave 7 really adds value to Ornak, since the Red Flag of Fury ability bypasses Marcu's Eternal Hatred.

I've had some success with the following army:

100 Ornak
120 Grimnak
020 Marcu Esenwein
140 Deathwalker 9000
120 Blade Gruts x3

500 TOTAL
Old September 12th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
For those with good experience using Ornak, how hard is it to keep this guy alive?

Weak defense and low life may make him an easy target to a ranged rush... And if moving him up to the frontline with his complimentary guard of heavy gruts, it just doesn't seem that he would live long enough to really give his orc warriors many opportunities to use the Orc Battle Cry Aura.

Obviously, Ornak should try to "lead from behind" as much as possible, and hopefully the 1st turn / 2 hero activations can assist in keeping hostile figs at a safe distance from Ornak himself, but since he needs to stay within 8 spaces of those heroes for the next turn 1 activation, he has to necessarily place himself in harm's way.

I recently picked this guy up and am looking forward to seeing what he can do, but any helpful tips on how to most effectively use him and keep him alive would be appreciated from those experienced in playing this guy!

Thanks much!

(FYI, we usually do 400 - 550 pt armies...)

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old September 12th, 2007, 03:11 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000
For those with good experience using Ornak, how hard is it to keep this guy alive?

Weak defense and low life may make him an easy target to a ranged rush... And if moving him up to the frontline with his complimentary guard of heavy gruts, it just doesn't seem that he would live long enough to really give his orc warriors many opportunities to use the Orc Battle Cry Aura.

Obviously, Ornak should try to "lead from behind" as much as possible, and hopefully the 1st turn / 2 hero activations can assist in keeping hostile figs at a safe distance from Ornak himself, but since he needs to stay within 8 spaces of those heroes for the next turn 1 activation, he has to necessarily place himself in harm's way.

I recently picked this guy up and am looking forward to seeing what he can do, but any helpful tips on how to most effectively use him and keep him alive would be appreciated from those experienced in playing this guy!

Thanks much!

Activate brunak with Ornak. Brunak carries ornak.

with a squad of heavies using ornak as their champion you can kill alot.
Old September 25th, 2007, 08:34 PM

fejkl Woo who?
This was mentioned in another thread, but what about using Ornak to take a turn with the Hive?

Here's what I have in mind:

Activate Ornak.
Take a turn with the Hive using Red Flag of Fury.
With the Hive's turn, activate the Drones, rolling an 18, and moving & attacking with 9 Drones.
Next, attack adjacent enemy unit with the Hive.
Roll 15 to Marro Rebirth a previously destroyed Common Marro Squad figure.

Next Red Flag of Fury Activation is Iskra.
Move Iskra, attack any adjacent units.
Roll 17 to Summon the Rechets of Bogdan.
Deploy Rechets.
Move and Attack with Rechets.

If my calculations are correct, that's 14 possible attacks in one turn.

I'm aware of the fact that the likes of DW8, Laglor, and the Vipers have the opportunities to have infinite attacks, but the variety of different attacks and abilities using Ornak makes this possibility unique.

I'm also aware that you need a lot of good D20 rolls.

No signature here. Just keep moving on.
Old September 25th, 2007, 08:36 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by fejkl
This was mentioned in another thread, but what about using Ornak to take a turn with the Hive?

Activate Ornak.
With the Hive's turn, activate the Drones, rolling an 18, and moving & attacking with 9 Drones.
Marro Rebirth a previously destroyed Common Marro Squad figure.

Deploy Rechets.

I'm aware of the fact that the likes of DW8, Laglor, and the Vipers have the opportunities to have infinite attacks, but the variety of different attacks and abilities using Ornak makes this possibility unique.
Erm...
The Hive cannot use Hive Mind when activated by Ornak. Read it again. It says "After revealing an order marker...". Natch.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 25th, 2007, 08:39 PM

fejkl Woo who?
Bloody wrote:
Quote:
fejkl wrote:

Activate Ornak.
Marro Rebirth a previously destroyed Common Marro Squad figure.

Deploy Rechets.

Erm...
The Hive cannot use Hive Mind when activated by Ornak. Read it again. It says "After revealing an order marker...". Natch.
What sucks is that as I was closing the tab with the Marro Hive card, I noticed that. Ah, well. It was sure fun to think about.

No signature here. Just keep moving on.
Old September 25th, 2007, 09:50 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:

Thanks much!

Yes but 4 or 5 attacks of ENHANCED 3 is pretty good. You can hide him and his "elite guard" (a squad of heavies) behind a ruin as ambush troops.
Old September 25th, 2007, 09:52 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Atheist
Quote:

Thanks much!

Yes but 4 or 5 attacks of ENHANCED 3 is pretty good. You can hide him and his "elite guard" (a squad of heavies) behind a ruin as ambush troops.
I'm sorry, but the Orcs rely on getting to their opponent fast and hard, overwhelming them with a swarm. Do that ambush manuever, and you waste 170 points to have them stand somewhere, and that means your opponent has a FAR easier time killing the other 330 points of Orcs. Nerak would help that problem, but 3/4 of everyone here (myself included) don't have him.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 25th, 2007, 10:12 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Atheist
Quote:

Thanks much!

I'm sorry, but the Orcs rely on getting to their opponent fast and hard, overwhelming them with a swarm. Do that ambush manuever, and you waste 170 points to have them stand somewhere, and that means your opponent has a FAR easier time killing the other 330 points of Orcs. Nerak would help that problem, but 3/4 of everyone here (myself included) don't have him.

I'd dissagree. If you only field heavies they don't hit as fast as a swarm of blades. What they lack in speed is made up for in attack and defence though. and I don't get how waiting to ambush something is a waste. It is the total opposite. If you are waiting to ambush you are usually hidden behind a wall, safe from attacks unless they decide to hit you first. I've killed Kaemon Awa (With Thorgrim's spirit) with an ambush with Ornak and 4 heavies in one turn.
It's devatating. That was definately not a morale booster for my friend.

and nerak has 8 move, right? what other orc squad has 8 move?

range usually has 3-ish attack. 3 defence is good for that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units