Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 20th, 2007, 12:07 PM

UtgarsWorstFear is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarkypants
Carr is pretty effective removing at removing this vermin away from ranged guys.
How do you figure? He can only attack once, then the rats scatter. I would say kaemon awa or Q9 would be better with their special attacks
maybe he meant that they cant tie him up because he can just beat the crap outta em if they get close.

but you are right Q9 and Kamon would do good against these.

C3G is why I play heroscape.
Old July 20th, 2007, 12:45 PM

Mystyc has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtgarsWorstFear
maybe he meant that they cant tie him up because he can just beat the crap outta em if they get close.
Also, he can just leave if he gets bored.

Some scattered customs: Corona, Deathwalker 10000
Old July 20th, 2007, 02:53 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
You are both right. He's got enough sword power to actually kill one and he can't get tied up. If you have your ranged guys on the high ground and a rat ties them up, you bring Agent "Orkin Man" Carr over to get rid of it and let your ranged guys go back to work.

BTW, does someone else have this cool new avatar I dug up?

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old July 20th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Braxas is also an excellent counter to them, although I guess it's a little silly to grab a 210 point counter to a 40 point common squad. Come to think of it, Me-Burq-Sa or maybe even DED could work fine too. Just try to find a way to kill something that they can't defend against! Or just draft your own disengagers and ignore the rats until the end.
Old July 21st, 2007, 05:57 PM

cosmosis knows what's in an order marker cosmosis knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
I thought it worth pointing out that these guys are soulborgs, and are thus immune to Toxic Skin and Marro Plague. Perhaps an "immunities" heading could be added under synergies?

As for strategy, I'd recommend these guys for glyph-holding. Anytime the one holding the glyph is killed, scatter another one onto his spot.
The immunities would be a cool idea, here's another one:
As a small figure, they cannot be taken out by Warden 816's Evisceraxe Special Attack

SPECIAL THANKS TO: oni, tppytel
My Tradelist
Deciper SWCCG Trading
List of Good Traders
Can't find it? Try the Index
Old July 29th, 2007, 11:09 AM

ICOOLDUDE has disabled reputation
I was sending crixus up against braxas. My friend had 8 deathreavers blocking the way. every time i killed one he scattered them in my way. During that time braxas was behind and shooting Poison Acid Breath at me but it never worked. I killed seven deathreavers and Braxas before Grimnak chomped me...
Old October 6th, 2007, 06:41 PM

eric.dunfee Woo who?
Quick question about scatter.

The card says any time you roll defense dice...

We were playing a game last night. Toward the end of the game, I still had some rats left, and was moving them to the other end of the field to try and tie up some of my enemies units. I was able to engage a Hulk, hoping to either get an disengage strike, or wasting one of his attacks. Hulk had 5 wounds on him giving him that ungodly attack.

Here's my question. Hulk decided to attack the rat. He rolled like 10 or 11 attack dice. 7 turned up skulls.. the rat is obviously dead, but do I still get to move 2 other rats? With the Hulk getting more skulls than I have defense + life, it almost seems like I wouldn't even bother rolling defense dice since I couldn't do anything about the attack anyway. Since there was no point in rolling defense dice, should I get to move 2 other rats anyway?

You know I just answered my question.... I suppose if we were rolling attack and defense dice at the exact same time than I would be rolling defense, therefore I could move 2 rats even if 1 gets decimated.
Old October 6th, 2007, 06:42 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.dunfee
Quick question about scatter.

The card says any time you roll defense dice...

We were playing a game last night. Toward the end of the game, I still had some rats left, and was moving them to the other end of the field to try and tie up some of my enemies units. I was able to engage a Hulk, hoping to either get an disengage strike, or wasting one of his attacks. Hulk had 5 wounds on him giving him that ungodly attack.

Here's my question. Hulk decided to attack the rat. He rolled like 10 or 11 attack dice. 7 turned up skulls.. the rat is obviously dead, but do I still get to move 2 other rats? With the Hulk getting more skulls than I have defense + life, it almost seems like I wouldn't even bother rolling defense dice since I couldn't do anything about the attack anyway. Since there was no point in rolling defense dice, should I get to move 2 other rats anyway?

You know I just answered my question.... I suppose if we were rolling attack and defense dice at the exact same time than I would be rolling defense, therefore I could move 2 rats even if 1 gets decimated.
Yes, even if the rat dies, they still get to use Scatter.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 10th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Most-CoNvincing Visionary

ProfessorDocker Woo who?
I find it kinda funny that an ability called Scatter is generally used to bring your units closer to the enemy...

!Docker

ProfessorDocker is telling a story...
in the ALIZARIN CAVE...
Old October 31st, 2007, 06:06 PM

madmuppet is surprisingly tart
Can scatter be used when your attacker doesn't roll any skulls?
Old October 31st, 2007, 06:07 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmuppet
Can scatter be used when your attacker doesn't roll any skulls?
Yep, as long as it was a normal attack.

Newb.
Old November 5th, 2007, 12:11 AM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
I haven't read this entire thread, so I apologize in advance if this tactic has already been discussed. At a recent tournament, I saw someone using the Deathreavers in a way I never would've thought to use them: as a target for DW 9000's Explosion Special Attack.

Actually, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone attack their own figures, but to do it in this way is the best risk vs reward I could think of. He would move the rats into position, engaging multiple opponent figures...then use DW 9000 and attack his own rat! Potentially, it could be more damaging than Q9's Queglix attack.

Explosion Special Attack has a range of 7, attack of 3. The rats have a defense of 4, so their survival chances are decent. Since this is a special attack, and not coming from an opponent's figure...they can't scatter. But still, I thought this was a very effective technique.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units