Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old June 6th, 2009, 03:28 PM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior

I had an idea for more of a themed army. Probably less competitive, but:

Atlaga
Saylind
Protectors x2
Charos

EDIT: I know you could use ROTV Raelin instead of Saylind, but I was strictly thinking Ullar...

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy

Last edited by Jaz1597; June 6th, 2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Because I can.
Old June 6th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Just played out a battle with my above army against a Soldier army. I will link to a detailed battle report shortly.

Atgala won, but it was very, VERY close.

EDIT: Here's the battle report.

Last edited by KCU Master 2007; June 6th, 2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old June 6th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

In play Atlaga really makes the Minions powerful - but Frenzying Aubriens can still take them out, we've found.

Old July 4th, 2009, 06:45 PM

StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker

Since Atlaga's Bolt has a one-time use, I went ahead and spray-painted a wound marker green to be a "Witherwood marker".

Contend, O Lord, against those who contend against me;
Fight against those who fight against me. Psalm 35:1
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I used Atlaga in a game yesterday with two squads of Protectors. It was a three player game with 2 vs 1. We each rolled to see which general we would draft from and we'd get that flagbearer + 600 points. The one player that was going against two players got two generals (flagbearers) plus 1400 points.

Anyway, I got Ullar (with Acolarh) and drafted Atlaga, Saylind, Protectors x2, and Charos. I'll tell you, starting next to Acolarh and having Atlaga was huge for Saylind and the Protectors. Even that one extra move after the other Kyrie were away from Acolarh was huge and when Atlaga went down to a 3 skull (6 wounds) roll from a Minion after rolling 0 shields , it svcked only having 4 move again with the Protectors. I haven't tried him with other Kyrie (besides Saylind, which was nice too to get Charos summoned way up into the battle area), so I can imagine that the move bonus would really be great for them too.

Atlaga has a nice attack and should easily get height advantage most of the time.

I had an opportunity to use Withering Wood on TBR, but it didn't work. I can see how a game changer it can be though should it work and used at the right time against the right figure. I don't know how excited however I will be to yell out "I've got withered wood" when I do get a successfull roll for a kill.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 7th, 2009, 12:16 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've gotten hot rolls with Atlaga the first two games I've played him, killing Tul-Bak-Ra the first game and SotM Drake the second time. This has prompted me to play him even without kyries, or just Raelin.

Sentinels and Minions seem to be the real ones to benefit, as movement counts more for melee units.

Sure, if you can seize high ground quick with a ranged unit you'd want high movement (Gorillinators). But 4 move with flying is enough to seize the high ground.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We played Siege of the West Barbican this weekend (from the FotA rulebook) and Atlaga proved himself to be an absolute beast when defending a castle.

Four attack + height (and sometimes great height) is more than enough to take out most door-busting heros in short order, and for the ones it isn't so hot against (Krug, Guri-Oni, etc) he has that 25% shot with bolt of Witherwood.

We generally don't play with castles much, but when we do I'm sure I'll be thinking about Atlaga every time.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old July 21st, 2009, 10:42 AM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Man this guy really came through for one of my opponents last night. Long story short, My Charos was totally making a huge comeback for my side(2 vs 2 game) I had killed braxas, raelin, wounded the dwarf hero and was slaughtering the dwarven squads(killed at least one squad of them already) and Atlaga came around the corner and *boom* no more charos . hehe what a way to go after such a badass killing spree, taken out by a little magic wand.....Ha, it was cool to see such a game changing ability actually work though, just wish I would have saw it work on anyone else but me hehe.

Dustin

p.s.-words of warning, it is RETARDED hard to kill a sentinel with the damned +2 defense glyph and old school raelin
Old July 22nd, 2009, 04:28 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've gotta say, I think Bolt of Witherwood can be very unbalancing. I think Atlaga's worth the 90 points without it! When you add in a 25% chance to kill anything it's overkill. I mean, DED is 60 but he only has a 1-in-20 chance to autokill and doesn't bring much else to the table. Sudema is a whopping 140 and doesn't do much either. Granted, you can only use it once but I'd take a 25% chance once over a reuseable 1-in-20 chance any day! How many times in a game are you really ever going to get to use an autokill ability anyway?

Case in point. I was playing the defend the bridge Scenario from the RTFF pack (the one where you have to assault the bridge with 425 points to his 525). Anyway, I had:
Atlaga
Protectors x3

Vs.

Carnage
The Hive
Stingers x2
Dumutef Guard
Isamu

First turn, OM 1, I fly Atlaga into range of Carnage, roll a 20 for "Bolt" and cap 'im. Insta 200-point loss fro my son. Game OVER! Just kinda takes all the fun out of things....

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Last edited by MegaSilver; August 2nd, 2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Corrected DED point cost from 90 to 60, and Atlaga from 60 to 90.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 04:41 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Brandon,

Just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. I think the Bolt forces your opponent to consider screening their big heroes. In the case above, sending Isamu out as an assassin or at least leading with the Stingers would probably have been a good idea.

Also, Atlaga and the Protectors are designed as hero killers. Losing big heroes to them is going to be pretty normal. They need to be opposed with squads.

~Aldin, who has a hard time getting Atlaga to be worthwhile for anything other than his movement boost

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 22nd, 2009, 04:51 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

+ Dead Eye has long range (10) and can kill high dollar squadies by rolling a skull. (50% chance)

Apples and oranges.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 22nd, 2009, 04:59 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Also, Dead Eye has a 1 in 10 chance to auto kill anything, not 1 in 20. I agree with R˙chean that this is apples and oranges. Witherwood is there to scare, but I woulnd't rely on it when playing with Altga much like I don't draft Ne-Gok-Sa to Mind Shackle.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units