Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: Vote for the map(s) that are the best
Alpaca Trail 6 20.69%
Thy Kingdom Come 4 13.79%
King in the North 18 62.07%
Slalom 14 48.28%
Flesh Mines of Marr 7 24.14%
Preservation 15 51.72%
Herbert's Swamp Castle: Lava Edition 3 10.34%
Jungle Trench 1 3.45%
Bridge of Shadows 5 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 9th, 2022, 12:09 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Bracket 2 ScapeCon ll Map Contest: Deadline 11th

This is the second of three brackets for the ScapeCon ll Map Contest. If you don't know what ScapeCon is check of this subform.

The goal of this contest was to create tournament quality maps that didn't use road or castle, but you were allowed to use ladders and battlements. There was a total of 26 maps submitted. This bracket has nine maps and the others have nine or eight. The top 3 from each bracket will advance to the final round. You may vote for multiple maps. You are allowed to vote for your own maps.

Links to other brackets: 1, 3

Polls close Wednesday 5/11 at 11:59 PM Central.

Old May 9th, 2022, 03:21 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
And Again

#DysoleMapReviews

Alpaca Trail

Needs more alpacas. Perfect home for them though.

Thy Kingdom Come

Oh look a flag! Is the kingdom encroaching on that small island and Thy Kingdom Coming over to take it over with the strategic use of flags. Excellent.

King in the North

There's even a throne. Or at least what I'm assuming is a throne. This one and the one above need to have a fight now. See who's the best King.

Slalom

Do not ski around palm trees. This will end badly for you.

Flesh Mines of Marr

Mining flesh? I'd ask why but it's the marro and this feels like #324 on creepiest things they've ever done.

Preservation

We definitely need to preserve those trees from that ice. Or the ice from the trees. Difficult to tell if this is pre or post ice age.

Herbert's Swamp Castle: Lava Edition

Braxas never looked so good on water.

Jungle Trench

There's Jungle. There's a trench. Now it just needs Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Bridge of Shadows

None of those shadows are bridges. I mean there's bridges by shadows which I guess gives you half credit.

The ones I liked the most from this pool were Thy Kingdom Come, King in the North, Slalom, and Flesh Mines of Marr.

~Dysole, zooming onward
Old May 13th, 2022, 12:31 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Bracket 2 ScapeCon ll Map Contest: Deadline 11th

Again, some thoughts on a few of these maps, focusing on ones that advanced and ones that (imo) deserved better. Overall I felt Bracket 2 was the weakest bracket.

Thy Kingdom Come

Really ambitious map, lots of cool concepts. My two big complaints (and the reasons I didn't vote for this) are the "oops, all battlements" construction which contributes to overall chokeyness, and the unintuitive SZs.

King in the North

Gonna be honest, I'm quite surprised this map won this bracket. It does look decent and I'm not super surprised it made top 3 here, but I think it looks a bit too much like a collection of plateaus with a few one-hex bumps, so I didn't quite vote for this.

Slalom

Much more restrained use of battlements and ladders than Phalanx. Pretty sad I used a triple-single to match the 3-hex glacier, but you gotta do what you gotta do

Preservation

What kind of scrub uses three single glaciers to mirror the triple glacier? My actual complaint is the spacing between those two LoS spots, seems easy to block off. I still did vote for this map.
Old May 13th, 2022, 04:53 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Bracket 2 ScapeCon ll Map Contest: Deadline 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Thy Kingdom Come

Really ambitious map, lots of cool concepts. My two big complaints (and the reasons I didn't vote for this) are the "oops, all battlements" construction which contributes to overall chokeyness, and the unintuitive SZs.
It was really fun building this map. I actually took this comment from dok in his WoS Common Ground review as a challenge. The contest was just my excuse to fulfill the challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Common Ground by Gamebear
I love the confidence to mix elements like this and I wish more maps had similar asymmetric flourishes. Then again, maybe you need to have Gamebear's skill to make it work.
The votes may say I was unsuccessful but I actually think it was the better of my two submissions. Maybe that’s because of the challenge there was creating it…

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games