Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old March 4th, 2015, 01:51 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I have a question about moving on Road Spaces. I feel like I should know this, but I can't find anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RttFF Rulebook
Moving on Road Spaces: When moving your figures on road spaces, count each space as a normal space. However, if your figure's entire move consists of road spaces, including the starting space, you may add an additional 3 spaces to your figure's move. The 3 additional spaces must also be on road spaces. See Example 1.
If a double-spaced figure starts with one space on the road, does it get the bonus?
From the FAQ, link in my sig:

Quote:
If a double-space figure has only the leading hex on the road at the start of its turn, but stays on the road the rest of its turn, can it get the +3 road bonus?
No, your entire move (including both starting hexes for double-space figures) must be on the road. The trailing hex started its move on a terrain tile that was not road.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; March 4th, 2015 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Added prior question quote since my post started new page
Old March 4th, 2015, 01:54 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I have a question about moving on Road Spaces. I feel like I should know this, but I can't find anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RttFF Rulebook
Moving on Road Spaces: When moving your figures on road spaces, count each space as a normal space. However, if your figure's entire move consists of road spaces, including the starting space, you may add an additional 3 spaces to your figure's move. The 3 additional spaces must also be on road spaces. See Example 1.
If a double-spaced figure starts with one space on the road, does it get the bonus?
From the FAQ, link in my sig:

Quote:
If a double-space figure has only the leading hex on the road at the start of its turn, but stays on the road the rest of its turn, can it get the +3 road bonus?
No, your entire move (including both starting hexes for double-space figures) must be on the road. The trailing hex started its move on a terrain tile that was not road.
I figured it was somewhere that I had just overlooked, thanks.
Old March 9th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Joseph King, Retired

Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby!

Big question here...
I had a friend argue against a set point limit because in the rulebook it doesnt say that number.. are we allowed to pick any number of points to create armies?

Jokes Everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
theats, allow me to introduce you to Rexmax2 he's our personal Heroscaper entertainer .
Old March 9th, 2015, 03:45 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexmax2 View Post
Big question here...
I had a friend argue against a set point limit because in the rulebook it doesnt say that number.. are we allowed to pick any number of points to create armies?
Yes.
Old March 9th, 2015, 09:47 PM
Joseph King, Retired

Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Big question here...
Yes.
I thought so but i didnt really have aby good evidence. Thanks!

Jokes Everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
theats, allow me to introduce you to Rexmax2 he's our personal Heroscaper entertainer .
Old March 10th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You can make any number as long as both sides get the same amount of points. Or you can give one side an advantage (like starting on height or in a castle) and fewer points, but those types of battles are harder to balance.

Also remember that the more points, the longer the game will take.Tournaments typically limit armies to 400-500 points for hour long games.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old March 10th, 2015, 01:47 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I would actually say the more figures the longer the game. A 700 point duel between two 12 figure armies wouldn't necessarily longer than a 400-point game between two 12 figure armies.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 11th, 2015, 10:12 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Big question here...
Yes.
I thought so but i didnt really have aby good evidence. Thanks!
It says you can make up your own scenarios. All the evidence you need.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 12th, 2015, 10:30 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Can I place Order Markers on opponent's cards?

Say I have Kee-Mo-Shi and I need to pull off a big turn Mind Shackling an opponent's Cyprien then immediately flying him to a distant squad figure because victory is going to be checked at the end of the round. Can I put Order Markers on Cyprien's card on the off chance that I will Mindshackle him?

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old March 12th, 2015, 10:38 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post

Say I have Kee-Mo-Shi and I need to pull off a big turn Mind Shackling an opponent's Cyprien then immediately flying him to a distant squad figure because victory is going to be checked at the end of the round. Can I put Order Markers on Cyprien's card on the off chance that I will Mindshackle him?
No.
Old March 12th, 2015, 10:40 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SotM rulebook pg. 7
Order Markers
On each round, you'll place these on your Army Card(s) to mark the order in which your figures will move and attack.
Emphasis added.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; March 12th, 2015 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Or what Cav said.
Old March 12th, 2015, 10:44 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post

Nope. Sorry. Only OMs on your own cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's