Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 28th, 2010, 04:30 PM

roflol *glass shatters*
Re: Krysto's Kustoms: OMG: NEW PICS! NEW DEATHWALKER!

I like this thread!

RANDVER RULES! THORGRIM DROOLS!

~roll~on~the~floor~laughing~out~loud~
~roflol~
Old October 28th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Ladies, Gentlemen, and... well you'll see, I unveil to you my newest custom.
Let your eyes gaze upon the might of (you'll find out when you look):

Spoiler Alert!

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old October 28th, 2010, 05:11 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I think you should either A) drop the Haze of Madness power or B)lower the die roll.
That power makes them nearly unplayable as they are supposed to swarm the enemies, not themselves!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 28th, 2010, 05:13 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They're pretty overpriced. They only have one more attack than the blade gruts and have a negative effect at that. Even with an extra squad member they aren't worth 60. I'd go with 50, that seems pretty balanced with the fifth member and negative effect.

Old October 28th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I think you should either A) drop the Haze of Madness power or B)lower the die roll.
That power makes them nearly unplayable as they are supposed to swarm the enemies, not themselves!
Only the attacking gruts have to roll for HoM, but you guys are right, 50 seems fair, maybe even 45 as they don't get much synergy.

Old October 28th, 2010, 05:27 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Keep them at 50. If you drop them down to 45 then there's almost no advantage to taking Blade Gruts over them. You'd basically be making the blade gruts obsolete. Which is not what you want to do.

Old October 28th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Fully Baked

I updated the SGs and had a slight change of heart with their abilities. I really felt bonding did not at all suit them as they are too dangerous to allied figures to allow this. Instead, I put in something BRAND NEW you might or might not like. I can fix this easily so tell me what you think!

Instead of bonding, these guys can do something much worse. They can swarm like nothing else, replacing their horde with additional squad mates.

Old October 28th, 2010, 05:37 PM

Not bad. They're kind of hard to price theoryscape-wise. So you'd have to test them. Essentially you're getting two 5 man squads for the price of one with a slight drawback. So they should be priced about twice as much as the Bald Gruts, at 80. Of course the defense is lower and they don't bond, so taking it down to 70 might not be out of the question. They're definitely more powerful now though. Either way I like them. It's a very neat ability that I don't think has been done before, and very cleanly executed.

Old October 28th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Fully Baked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Not bad. They're kind of hard to price theoryscape-wise. So you'd have to test them. Essentially you're getting two 5 man squads for the price of one with a slight drawback. So they should be priced about twice as much as the Bald Gruts, at 80. Of course the defense is lower and they don't bond, so taking it down to 70 might not be out of the question. They're definitely more powerful now though. Either way I like them. It's a very neat ability that I don't think has been done before, and very cleanly executed.
Sorry if I didn't get this clear, but you don't get a free squad for each one you draft. For each 2 you draft, you can keep 1 off the battlefield. So this essentially allows you to exceed the 24 hex limit, but you must draft an even number and a 500 point game can take only 8 squads for a grand total of 40. 20 on and 20 off the field.
But if I amp them up to 110, your idea would work too.

Last edited by krysto2002; October 28th, 2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old October 28th, 2010, 08:00 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I like that power krysto. Very useful, but perhaps too useful? Playtesting will tell. I think it's best if you put them in a full starting zone.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 28th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Fully Baked

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I like that power krysto. Very useful, but perhaps too useful? Playtesting will tell. I think it's best if you put them in a full starting zone.
That's the point here. They don't get synergy like their Blade bros but they DO get greater numbers. So it's a quality/quantity thing.
NOTE: You must draft the orcs to put aside. Not to mention the orcs you put aside don't have to be due to a full starting zone. This gives the orcs a defense against dangerous quick-kill heroes like Zelrig. Even if he nukes your starting zone, you still have reserve squads to fill in. JUST LIKE ORCS SHOULD!

Old October 28th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Fully Baked

Re: Krysto's Kustoms: OMG: NEW ORCS! PLAYTESTERS WANTED!

Heya to all my loyal fans (kidding):
I would like to request playtesters if possible. I'd do it myself, but I have no-one to play test with but myself. Units I would like playtested (in no particular order):
  1. Swarm Gruts (sub in 5 blades per squad)
  2. LAVAETHAN (sub in a Fen hydra)
  3. DW10K (sub in Q9 or Q10)
  4. DW6K (sub in X17 or 7K)
  5. Xenocron (sub in Zetacron)
I'd offer +rep, but I don't know if that's fair (since I'm not sure if I'm allowed to) not to mention that my +reps aren't worth much.
But what I CAN do for those who offer playtesters is what I gave FS: A custom unit, dedicated JUST TO YOU (I'll probably include your username to the card!) allowing you to give me any form of inspiration, from unit type, to theme. Or you could just give me a pic and I'll turn it into a custom, even if it's B&W. So please, help a fellow 'scaper out.
Hope you enjoy using my customs.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards