Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 30th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Western Pa Tournament August 15th at Noon

We are on for August 15th, sign in starts at 11, tournament starts at noon.

We will go 600 point armies this time, I will allow 75 minutes per round but only four rounds (instead of 5 rounds at an hour a piece). I am open to change on these but it might be fun to switch them up a bit.

Marvel is allowed, starting zones will be 40 spaces. You are expected to bring your own pieces, dice, markers, etc.

The entry fee is free, but bring a prize for the prize table.

Royaldoy, as we will no longer be using Brian's stuff at his store, I will definately need help with maps, as many as you can build. I will be making 4-5 myself.

Legions address is:

1130 Perry Highway
Pittsburgh Pa 15237

Their phone number is 412 366-3725

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...

Last edited by Tiberius; July 15th, 2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old May 31st, 2009, 08:20 AM

royaldoy has disabled reputation
Re: Western Pa Tournament 7/11/09 - New Location

I will bring as many maps as I can (5-10). I won't know until a week before if I have the Friday before the tourny off or not. If I do and you are also off, lets carpool up there and build them then. If I do not have that day off, I will have to set up early before the tourny.

I choose you...Isamu!
Old May 31st, 2009, 12:57 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Bill Hallam from Legions told me they have a back room we can store our maps in if for any time we have to drive up and put them together, i.e. we dont have to do it that Friday if we dont want. They can store them safely for us for about a week if we need to.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old May 31st, 2009, 01:05 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Depending on whether the Saratoga Slugfest is on the 11th or the 18th, I might be able to come. I live in NYC, so I'm sort of in between (though Albany/Saratoga is surely closer). I'll let you know when the Saratoga date is finalized.

Old May 31st, 2009, 01:10 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Depending on whether the Saratoga Slugfest is on the 11th or the 18th, I might be able to come. I live in NYC, so I'm sort of in between (though Albany/Saratoga is surely closer). I'll let you know when the Saratoga date is finalized.

Um..TW...this is WESTERN PA not EASTERN PA
Old May 31st, 2009, 01:14 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:

I know. Of course, I made that mistake last year in my posting...
But this time, I am actually considering going to Pittsburgh.

Old May 31st, 2009, 01:24 PM

royaldoy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:

Yeah but isn't Pony Street right around the corner from legions?

I choose you...Isamu!
Old May 31st, 2009, 02:16 PM

It looks like Eastern PA is also going to be on the 11th after all, but Kathy and I are thinking that we get to see many of those scapers more often, between Long Island and Albany, so we might just take the trip out to Pittsburgh anyway, UNLESS Saratoga Slugfest happens to fall on the 11th. With all due respect to Eastern PA, we want to share the love.

Old June 1st, 2009, 11:44 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I might be able to make it down for this, but I"m not sure. My wife is due August 1, so I'm cutting it kinda close. It will depend on what her doctor tells her around that time if I can take a day 2 hours away from her.

That being said, I'd vote for 5 rounds at 60 minutes vs 4 at 75. I know that 40 hexes is a lot to kill in an hour, but I'd still want to play that extra game even if one or two of them go to time.

Of course, I'd be playing

Q9 - 180
Krav - 280
Deathreavers x8 - 600

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 2nd, 2009, 06:37 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

If we have alot of people show up, we will increase the games and decrease the round time limit.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old June 2nd, 2009, 06:52 PM

It looks like both Eastern PA and Saratog are on the 18, so there should be no competition for the 11th. I'm pretty sure we'll be there!

Old June 3rd, 2009, 08:04 AM

ReverendBayes is surprisingly tart

Tiberius, GREAT work scheduling at Legions. I've attended about 4 Monsterpocalypse tournaments there this year, and know the place pretty well.

Aside from Legions being 10 minutes away from me, the store is an absolutely awesome place to hold tournaments. First of all, Legions is huge. It regularly hosts Warhammer/Warmachine events, and so has lots and lots (and lots) of table space.
It is a *very* popular place for tabletop minis gamers...hopefully the place won't be overcrowded with players of other games.

Oh and did I mention it's all underground? Legions is located under the stores (yes, store's' plural) of the Pines Plaza shopping center. There used to be a RecordRama and a bowling alley down there, but now it's Legions!

The place has lots of character, lots of space, and great management. I'll be there on the 11th.

~Dusts off Silver Surfer and plenty of rats ~

-John

Uncertainty: Something you can always count on.

Last edited by ReverendBayes; June 3rd, 2009 at 08:43 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events