Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 22nd, 2007, 07:57 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Stop playing WoW. It sucks.

Hey d00dz i can play a game moar then u!!!1111!

It's not necessarily a bad game. It is kinda fun. I just miss the actual months of my life that I wasted playing it. I feel terrible whenever I think about it, and I feel even worse when I read about 13 or 15 year olds playing it. There are so many better things you can do with your life, like your homework, or Heroscape!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 22nd, 2007, 09:41 PM

brunakor has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
Stop playing WoW. It sucks.

Hey d00dz i can play a game moar then u!!!1111!

It's not necessarily a bad game. It is kinda fun. I just miss the actual months of my life that I wasted playing it. I feel terrible whenever I think about it, and I feel even worse when I read about 13 or 15 year olds playing it. There are so many better things you can do with your life, like your homework, or Heroscape!
Why is it that Wow sucks? I don't mean that as an arguement but out of curiosity why is it that people hate Wow? It's just a harmless game with alot of players online. But it is also a base inspiration for heroscape. We can make scenarios based on it. Trust me very possible to do that!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ic.php?t=16850

My scenario! Warcraft fans unite!!!! A new way to play Warcraft and Heroscape!!!
Old November 22nd, 2007, 10:50 PM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
WoW is the bane of MMORPGs. I played it for a few months, but it seems that the RP (Role Play) aspect of the game is dead, even on the supposed RP servers. There are way too many kids running around ruining what could've been a good game.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:08 PM

SoulfulKillingMachine has disabled reputation
I've never played so I don't know if this was fixed, but as far as I can tell second-hand, it's famous for having very repetitive gameplay.
Level 1 quest: Kill a bunch of rats.
Level 11 quest: Kill a bunch of venomous rats.
Level 21 quest: Kill a bunch of flying venomous rats.
Level 31 quest: Kill a bunch of lava rats.
Level 41 quest: Kill a bunch of armored half-rat rat riders.
Level 51 quest: Kill a bunch of golden rat lords.
Level 61 quest: Kill a bunch of colossal elder rats.
Of course, virtually any game can be oversimplified to reach the same conclusion, and that's all irrelevant to Heroscape. The characters and locations aren't bad.

I'm sorry, I don't speak emoticon.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncoat
WoW is the bane of MMORPGs. I played it for a few months, but it seems that the RP (Role Play) aspect of the game is dead, even on the supposed RP servers. There are way too many kids running around ruining what could've been a good game.
Sorry to bother you but how do the little kids ruin it? by just acting childish or just not taking anything serious? Just curious.

My scenario! Warcraft fans unite!!!! A new way to play Warcraft and Heroscape!!!
Old November 23rd, 2007, 02:45 AM
The Orc Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunakor
Quote:
Sorry to bother you but how do the little kids ruin it? by just acting childish or just not taking anything serious? Just curious.
MMORPG = Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. In my mind, these games are just an extension of paper and dice games. Instead of using your imagination, the game creators have put you into the imaginary world to play. Now imagine being in a small village...you're a knight traveling from a far away land, and you happen across a small group of warriors. Each is clad in their shiny armor, and this is the conversation you overhear:

Knight 1: d00d...we totally pwned that dragon!!!!
Knight 2: yeah, but we need to go back again at respawn, I didn't get the Uber Leet Chest Armor of Doom! It's 500 gold at auction11!!!
Knight 3: i r need 3 mre lvls to get my next skill. i rock1!

It just kinda ruins the whole purpose of the game if you ask me.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunakor
Quote:
MMORPG = Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. In my mind, these games are just an extension of paper and dice games. Instead of using your imagination, the game creators have put you into the imaginary world to play. Now imagine being in a small village...you're a knight traveling from a far away land, and you happen across a small group of warriors. Each is clad in their shiny armor, and this is the conversation you overhear:

Knight 1: d00d...we totally pwned that dragon!!!!
Knight 2: yeah, but we need to go back again at respawn, I didn't get the Uber Leet Chest Armor of Doom! It's 500 gold at auction11!!!
Knight 3: i r need 3 mre lvls to get my next skill. i rock1!

It just kinda ruins the whole purpose of the game if you ask me.

That is just sad right there...ruins the drama in the game. Well thanks for telling me.

Old November 23rd, 2007, 01:41 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
So, join a role playing server.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old November 23rd, 2007, 01:45 PM
The Orc Master

Quote:
I addressed that already.

In truth, the dedicated RP servers are the worst. Players have dozens of other servers to choose from, and seeing this kind of gameplay on a RP server makes it that much more ridiculous. The fact is, some players are so bent on acting like morons, they seek out RP servers with the sole purpose of disturbing the gameplay of others.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I addressed that already.

In truth, the dedicated RP servers are the worst. Players have dozens of other servers to choose from, and seeing this kind of gameplay on a RP server makes it that much more ridiculous. The fact is, some players are so bent on acting like morons, they seek out RP servers with the sole purpose of disturbing the gameplay of others.
Nobody likes to be bothered, especially on a server dedicated to a dramatic approach to the game. It's ironic because when I play Wow normal servers, I usually act how I should in an RP server and people get mad at me for that. Truth be told, I'm the opposite example of what you are stating.

Old November 24th, 2007, 02:02 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Outside of ultima online, what MMORPG actually has role playing?

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old November 24th, 2007, 02:06 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think that's the point he's trying to get across, Darkspade...

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios