Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 17th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Along with Z:BP, the upcoming CMoN game Massive Darkness might have some interesting sculpts to use for Frostgrave (like you mentioned).

Plus, if you picked up the crossover kit, you can use the non-exclusive heroes in both CMoN games.

Newb.
Old May 17th, 2017, 02:10 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post
Along with Z:BP, the upcoming CMoN game Massive Darkness might have some interesting sculpts to use for Frostgrave (like you mentioned).

Plus, if you picked up the crossover kit, you can use the non-exclusive heroes in both CMoN games.

Newb.
I couldn't pass up the crossover kit. I'm just waiting for it to arrive. Also plan on using the 3d terrain for frostgrave as well. I'm just super surprised that I never heard of Frostgrave before @Hahma mentioned how cool it was. I'm still waiting on my manual for it in the mail. I think the rest of them I get will be off Amazon Prime. I'm just figuring out what terrain I want to build first. So many options.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 17th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post

Newb.
I couldn't pass up the crossover kit. I'm just waiting for it to arrive. Also plan on using the 3d terrain for frostgrave as well. I'm just super surprised that I never heard of Frostgrave before @Hahma mentioned how cool it was. I'm still waiting on my manual for it in the mail. I think the rest of them I get will be off Amazon Prime. I'm just figuring out what terrain I want to build first. So many options.
Looks like there are some cool minis in Black Plague

I just preordered the Ulterior Motives from Nickstarter. Got in at Wizard Level 2, to get the resin terrain pieces as well as the Ulterior Motives cards.
http://nstarmagazine.com/ULTERIOR_MOTIVES.htm

After selling my 3 Mice and Mystics releases, I had considered getting into Bushido or Guildball. But I decided that instead of getting into another miniatures system (other than backing The Drowned Earth kickstarter not due until next April), I'm going to go heavy into Frostgrave. There's enough interest in my area to warrant me investing a bit into it. My friend Chris has a ton of stuff, but there will be times when he's not around for a session, or we may even want to setup multiple tables to accommodate the amount of players interested.

There's probably a couple more board games I'll likely sell to get more cash in.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 21st, 2017, 11:57 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I taught one of my daughters Omen: A Reign of War Omega Edition by Small Box Games today. She liked it. It's one of the best 2 player games around.

I also got a little bit more painting done.

For minis, I got a Ranger done (built him with an axe and bow), and one of the Ghouls from an Undead kit I got.

Also finished up the Pegasus Hobbies small city building kit. I only glued the 2 separate 2 story corner sections with the doors, and left the 2 long windowed wall sections unglued, as well as the domed arches. This let me change the setup to suit my purposes, as well as integrate it with the Pegasus Hobbies ruins kit I have already assembled and painted.

Old May 22nd, 2017, 12:44 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Thats really sweet looking. I just finished reading the whole set up portion of the frostgrave manual. Any of you others checking it out dont get discouraged at how complex it initially looks. After looking through my miniatures I realized I have tons of cool options to use. Other figures that would work great for frostgrave are: aotp arena, mage knight, dnd figures, a bunch of heroclix are suitable, zombicide black plague and the upcoming massive darkness, reaper minis, quite a few heroscape figures are very usuable( as hahma has shown some repaints on some) and many others im sure. The possibilities when assembling your warband are quite endless. @Hahma . Im in the process of producing a ton of terrain here soon. I might dice in head first and buy the other manuals off of amazon. Of course I probably ought to see how my brothers like it first. They are who mainly come out to my place for game night. Yesterday we got in a mini rum and bones second tide tournament. It was a blast and I also came in dead last. I lost big and had a great time. I only partially blame the alchohal.

Old May 22nd, 2017, 06:33 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Wow! That is some sweet looking terrain.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 22nd, 2017, 07:12 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Thats really sweet looking. I just finished reading the whole set up portion of the frostgrave manual. Any of you others checking it out dont get discouraged at how complex it initially looks. After looking through my miniatures I realized I have tons of cool options to use. Other figures that would work great for frostgrave are: aotp arena, mage knight, dnd figures, a bunch of heroclix are suitable, zombicide black plague and the upcoming massive darkness, reaper minis, quite a few heroscape figures are very usuable( as hahma has shown some repaints on some) and many others im sure. The possibilities when assembling your warband are quite endless. @Hahma . Im in the process of producing a ton of terrain here soon. I might dice in head first and buy the other manuals off of amazon. Of course I probably ought to see how my brothers like it first. They are who mainly come out to my place for game night. Yesterday we got in a mini rum and bones second tide tournament. It was a blast and I also came in dead last. I lost big and had a great time. I only partially blame the alchohal.
Yeah, Frostgrave is kind of a beer and pretzels type game where you don't have to take it too serious in some ways. You can have anything for terrain, and figures from different lines. The main thing with figures is that you and your opponent know which one is representing what. But people can use whatever they have laying around as terrain, or make some themselves. There are tons of options for getting fancier terrain as you go.

I might wait to see if your brothers like it first TREX before diving in for all the books, they'll still be available. Though, if you did get one, I might suggest The Frostgrave Folio, as it has a 3 scenario solo/coop campaign, as well as other standard mini campaigns.

Sounds fun with Rum and Bones, I need one of my buddies to buy it so I can play

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Wow! That is some sweet looking terrain.
Thanks Keglo. Took a little work, but worth it I think. The building kit with the domed arches was only like $28, and the ruins pieces with the tile floors was about the same or a little less cost. It's mostly time gluing them and painting/ varnishing them.

My buddy Chris is crazy obsessive with terrain. He already has a bunch, but his Dwarven Forge stuff just came in. He still has to paint it, but it looks pretty darn sweet.

Lots of cool lit up pieces, and the drawbridge actually cranks open.

Old May 22nd, 2017, 07:35 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Thanks Keglo. Took a little work, but worth it I think. The building kit with the domed arches was only like $28, and the ruins pieces with the tile floors was about the same or a little less cost. It's mostly time gluing them and painting/ varnishing them.

My buddy Chris is crazy obsessive with terrain. He already has a bunch, but his Dwarven Forge stuff just came in. He still has to paint it, but it looks pretty darn sweet.
Holy crap balls, that Dwarven Forge stuff looks sweet indeed! That must have cost about a bazillion dollars!
-
-
-

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 22nd, 2017, 08:03 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:

Holy crap balls, that Dwarven Forge stuff looks sweet indeed! That must have cost about a bazillion dollars!
-
-
-

Yeah Keglo, he has a problem...he keeps buying really cool stuff

Here is a quote from him in his thread in our wargaming group's Facebook page, under the pictures of the Dwarven Forge stuff.

"One day, when I have a big enough table set up, and since I've backed a few of their kickstarters, I could literally have a dungeon, leading to a mountainous/rocky area, leading to a cavern system, to the sewers, to a village, and up to the castle. Epic is the only word for that...well, maybe obsessive or crazy also...but epically obsessive crazy! "

He's like the kid on the block that had all the coolest toys, and you were friends with him

@TREX

Here's a review/preview of the Ulterior Motives set for Frostgrave. It's currently on Nickstarter. I backed it at Wizard 2 to get the cards and the resin pieces. This is more of a pre-order, and will ship in June.

Old May 22nd, 2017, 11:38 PM
"like" happy

@Hahma . I just got frostgrave folio, the lich, breeding pits, andone other manual off amazon. I had a card credit and got all 4 of those books for 38 bucks. They should be delivered before my 3 day weekend. Maybe ill get my brothers in on a frostgrave game then. Cant wait. Also your nickstarter page is sweet too. I almost bought a bunch of minis on there but realized I already have way more than needed already. They arent a bad deal though. Cool stuff.

Old May 23rd, 2017, 06:57 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
@Hahma . I just got frostgrave folio, the lich, breeding pits, andone other manual off amazon. I had a card credit and got all 4 of those books for 38 bucks. They should be delivered before my 3 day weekend. Maybe ill get my brothers in on a frostgrave game then. Cant wait. Also your nickstarter page is sweet too. I almost bought a bunch of minis on there but realized I already have way more than needed already. They arent a bad deal though. Cool stuff.
In for a penny, in for a pound eh TREX? That's a good deal for sure on all those books. The other one you forgot was likely Forgotten Pacts, I believe it might be barbarian themed. Can't remember offhand, and I don't have it yet.

Old May 23rd, 2017, 11:35 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Quote:
@Hahma. I just got frostgrave folio, the lich, breeding pits, andone other manual off amazon. I had a card credit and got all 4 of those books for 38 bucks. They should be delivered before my 3 day weekend. Maybe ill get my brothers in on a frostgrave game then. Cant wait. Also your nickstarter page is sweet too. I almost bought a bunch of minis on there but realized I already have way more than needed already. They arent a bad deal though. Cool stuff.
In for a penny, in for a pound eh TREX? That's a good deal for sure on all those books. The other one you forgot was likely Forgotten Pacts, I believe it might be barbarian themed. Can't remember offhand, and I don't have it yet.
Yeah, I was forgetting forgotten pacts. Something about the name is not very memorable. I'll probably throw down for the newer one you told me about on the nickstarter as well. I'm debating the level 2 wizard buy in. That terrain is pretty sweet for how much the price tag is.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games