Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old August 17th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
It looks interesting, but I don't have a good idea what is involved from the trailer, as it is purely a cinematic. What do you actually do in it. And do you need to poor hours into it to enjoy? As I just don't have that sort of time now.
You kind of need to. It all depends on how steep the learning curve is for you. Some people will just kind of take to it naturally and it will be fun, but if you have a really hard time understanding the flow of the game then it'll be rough until you get the hang of it.

But what's really nice is that they have matchmaking system exactly like halo - basically, the more you play, the higher your level is, but the matchmaking system only matches you with people your level. So, if you've only played like ten matches, you'll be playing with people who have only played like 5-15 matches. So, you don't have to worry about getting stampted into the dust by people who have been playing for two years (this game has a huge skill gap)

But anyways, as for what's involved, it's a weird combination of a RTS and an RPG. You play as a Champion; there are 5 champions per team, and there are two teams. Ultimately, the goal of the game is to destroy this structure at the enemy base called the "nexus." Once you destroy that, you win. But the enemy team is trying to get into your base and kill your nexus at the same time. As long as the enemies are alive, they're not going to let you kill their nexus, so you have to kill them if you want to win. But they respawn after a minute.

There are also these towers, and they do a lot of damage early in the game, so you can't just run at their Nexus and kill it - you have to kill the towers first, which are placed around the map and right in front of the nexus.

Currently there are 81 champions in the game, and a new one is released every two weeks or so. Each champion has 5 unique abilities, so all of the champions have a different playstyle. When you're first starting out, a lot of the champions won't feel right. Like, I tried out four or five champions before I found one I really understood and felt comfortable with.

Games usually last 30 minutes to like 50 minutes. Every so often one will go over an hour, but that's rare. You can generally count on the match taking like 45 minutes. They do have a 3v3 mode where games usually last under a half hour, though. And they are releasing a new game mode in a few weeks that they say takes around 20 minutes. So, the games don't have to last too too long, but in my opinion the nail-biter hour-long 5v5 games are the most fun.

Like I said, the game isn't for everyone. The learning curve is pretty steep and you kind of have to be persistent, but usually after a few games you get the feel of it.
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just downloaded "The Stanley Parable" from Steam. Interesting game with some great narration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:42 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
It looks interesting, but I don't have a good idea what is involved from the trailer, as it is purely a cinematic. What do you actually do in it. And do you need to poor hours into it to enjoy? As I just don't have that sort of time now.
You kind of need to. It all depends on how steep the learning curve is for you. Some people will just kind of take to it naturally and it will be fun, but if you have a really hard time understanding the flow of the game then it'll be rough until you get the hang of it.

But what's really nice is that they have matchmaking system exactly like halo - basically, the more you play, the higher your level is, but the matchmaking system only matches you with people your level. So, if you've only played like ten matches, you'll be playing with people who have only played like 5-15 matches. So, you don't have to worry about getting stampted into the dust by people who have been playing for two years (this game has a huge skill gap)

But anyways, as for what's involved, it's a weird combination of a RTS and an RPG. You play as a Champion; there are 5 champions per team, and there are two teams. Ultimately, the goal of the game is to destroy this structure at the enemy base called the "nexus." Once you destroy that, you win. But the enemy team is trying to get into your base and kill your nexus at the same time. As long as the enemies are alive, they're not going to let you kill their nexus, so you have to kill them if you want to win. But they respawn after a minute.

There are also these towers, and they do a lot of damage early in the game, so you can't just run at their Nexus and kill it - you have to kill the towers first, which are placed around the map and right in front of the nexus.

Currently there are 81 champions in the game, and a new one is released every two weeks or so. Each champion has 5 unique abilities, so all of the champions have a different playstyle. When you're first starting out, a lot of the champions won't feel right. Like, I tried out four or five champions before I found one I really understood and felt comfortable with.

Games usually last 30 minutes to like 50 minutes. Every so often one will go over an hour, but that's rare. You can generally count on the match taking like 45 minutes. They do have a 3v3 mode where games usually last under a half hour, though. And they are releasing a new game mode in a few weeks that they say takes around 20 minutes. So, the games don't have to last too too long, but in my opinion the nail-biter hour-long 5v5 games are the most fun.

Like I said, the game isn't for everyone. The learning curve is pretty steep and you kind of have to be persistent, but usually after a few games you get the feel of it.
Thanks for the info! It does look intriguing. And I do like those types of games. I have a lot of other games on my plate right now so not sure I'm gonna play. After all tons of really good video games are coming out within the next few months and I may need to concentrate on those. But we'll see
Old August 18th, 2011, 12:19 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Some Gears of War 2 Horde mode while listening to The Mamas and the Papas.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:35 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looking forward to Shin Megami Devil Survivor Overclocked on the 3DS
Old August 18th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Been totally obsessed with League of Legends lately. Anyone else play it here?
I used to play quite a bit, but I quit. I'll probably come back for Dominion though.

Add me: Kaiyu Shinai
Old August 19th, 2011, 06:51 AM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyu View Post
Quote:
Been totally obsessed with League of Legends lately. Anyone else play it here?
I used to play quite a bit, but I quit. I'll probably come back for Dominion though.

Add me: Kaiyu Shinai

I used to play it alot too but I got bored with it. I was a beast at gangplank lol.

Currently not playing anything in particular, just pre ordred deus ex so I could get the tf2 promo items XD.

Old August 21st, 2011, 08:03 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Since I've got Gamefly again, playing Child of Eden and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.

Child of Eden: Awesome Kinect game so far, really enjoying it. I've heard it's short (about 6 hours) so I wouldn't recommend buying it unless you could get it cheap. Also playable with the controller but I don't see the point if you have Kinect as the controls rock. Great music and fun.

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - also really enjoying this so far. I've heard people complain about it being linear instead of free form like most Spider-Man games but I always hated all the wandering and doing the exact same silly "side missions. I prefer the more unique locations and far great variety instead.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 21st, 2011, 08:21 AM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Shattered Dimensions is awesome! I hope Beenox does as good a job on Edge of Tine as they did on Dimensions.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old August 21st, 2011, 08:26 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Crash Bandicoot!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:55 AM

Rav Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
You want satisfying? [brag]Beat Contra without dying once.[/brag]
What the heck is wrong with you? That is insane. I can barely get through the first level without dying once.

Wife is gone next week so I've planned a big "beat Mass Effect 1 and maybe 2" weeklong gaming binge. Caffeine is my friend.
ME 1 & 2 is about 120 hours of gameplay (roughly). How did it turn out for you after you went through the Omega 12 Relay?
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:57 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I got my text last night that I can pick up my copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked today, so I can't wait to go get it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games