Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old March 21st, 2010, 08:18 PM

Archkyrie11 is surprisingly tart
I'm just not Inspired

Hey guys, as some of you may have noticed I haven't been on in a really long time, and I havent played in a very long time either. I don't know what to do. My friends and I will start playing and about halfway through will get bored or just start doing something else or we talk about playing but are even motivated enough to start. I want to play the game I love but the passion I used to have for the game just isn't there.

Alderaan shot first
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:34 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: I'm just not Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archkyrie11 View Post
Hey guys, as some of you may have noticed I haven't been on in a really long time, and I havent played in a very long time either. I don't know what to do. My friends and I will start playing and about halfway through will get bored or just start doing something else or we talk about playing but are even motivated enough to start. I want to play the game I love but the passion I used to have for the game just isn't there.
That's happened to me before and what got me back into it was going to a tourny.
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:37 PM

Archkyrie11 is surprisingly tart

Yea but I can't do a tourney if I'm gonna want to quit midbattle

Alderaan shot first
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:40 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Play lower point armies on smaller battlefields so that the action is quicker.
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:44 PM

TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker

What size games do you play? How many players at a time?

I think Heroscape works best in short fast games - then play another.

So, try smaller armies (around 350 pts), small maps, and 1v1. The game is over so fast you don't have time to get bored!
Old March 21st, 2010, 09:05 PM

Lord Zaibatsu Woo who?

Have you tried playing scenarios? That's what keeps me going, it's nice to have objectives or a story that makes it feel like you are accomplishing something. Also as Cavalier said lower point games can keep things more exciting, there's nothing more boring than taking three turns just to move a few units.
Old March 21st, 2010, 09:13 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Two words: Strip Heroscape.

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; March 21st, 2010 at 09:14 PM. Reason: What? Everyone else already gave all the good, constructive advice...
Old March 21st, 2010, 09:42 PM

Captain_Gerbil Woo who?

I recently got reinvigorated with scape with the "Heat of Battle" or deploy cards one at a time scape (I apologize for not having a link to it). Makes the battles very intense, and kind of prevents a lot of slower paced sand bagging battles.

Additionally, You may want to try this in your games for length.
At the start select a total of say 4 rounds. After the fourth round roll a 6 sided die. If the value is 2 or higher, you play another round. Each round you add one more value to the die minimum. So after the first additional round, it would be a value of 3 or greater.

and strip scape could either be fun, or cause nightmares for the rest of your life... sounds exciting!

Want to help an Army Cadet out? Go to http://errotc.com to read his story

Thanks to Ryougabot for the Avatar!

Ain't nuttin but thuggin. E-Thug 4 Lyfe
Old March 21st, 2010, 09:54 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Don't force yourself to play. I very rarely play and it hasn't killed me yet.
Old March 21st, 2010, 09:56 PM

Gold1 knows what's in an order marker Gold1 knows what's in an order marker

Try not to play all the time, I find that the game still stays fresh that way and I never get tired of it. But there is always Strip Scape...

Check out my fanfics.
Ceasefire
JointStoryThread
Old March 21st, 2010, 10:03 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've played twice in the past year and a half. Nothing wrong with a little Scape downtime.
Old March 21st, 2010, 10:13 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
I've played twice in the past year and a half. Nothing wrong with a little Scape downtime.
Scape has hardly hit the table here at home in quite awhile. We get our Scape fix playing in "area" tournaments.

As others have said you may want to turn your game days with your friends into a mini-tournament feel by playing with smaller armies (450-500) on smaller maps. If there are 4 of you play a round robin where each guy plays each other guy one time. You can even play with a time limit for each round of 45 or 50 minutes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion