Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old March 28th, 2009, 04:12 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Matt Helm's Commission a Custom (3/24) Nessie & Sasquatc

Great catch on the wording of those 2 powers, I have made the changes. The cool thing is, with the text a bit shorter on them both, I was able to increase the text size to my preferred standard, 7 point. Sometimes I have to cheat and make the text a bit smaller [I try not to go below 6.5 and would NEVER go below 6... I'd re-write the whole darn card instead]. Readability is #1!

I also cleaned up the art a bit. Hope you like it!

What's next?
Old March 28th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Doofus me. I made the suggestions to change Wound Smash and Rage Reach and I left in the "he" rather than "it". Now the card is inconsistent.

"It" is screaming, "Please Garada, edit me one more time."
Old March 29th, 2009, 02:02 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll change 'it' this afternoon!

- G
Old March 29th, 2009, 03:10 PM
C3G Hero

Rel-warc-thorn

It has been sated... for now. For now...

- Garada
Old March 30th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Rel-Warc-Thorn is now perfect. I received my mini and "it" looks great facing off against Hellboy.

Speaking of minis, Bigfoot is anything but. Unlike Nessie, he's much bigger than I expected. If I can make another suggestion, I say we move his size to:
LARGE 7

The piece is the exact same size as Deathwalker 9000. It actually looks ridiculous and out of place by itself... but when I stood him next to the original Hellboy piece, it was a match made in Heaven... or should I say hell. Hellboy is looking up while Bigfoot is looking down and they seem to catch each other's gaze. I could almost hear Hellboy say, "Oh Crap".

I'm also glad I didn't get more than one of these and use them as common heroes. The large piece works much better as a unique so for the record, I'm going Bigfoot and not Sasquatch.

... and as you requested, I made up a suggestion for your pharaoh in your thread.

Last edited by Matt Helm; March 30th, 2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:52 PM
C3G Hero

Aargh, I still need to get a Thorn Crawler AND a Sasquatch mini! I'm so OCD that I MUST own the figure if I made the card.

Re: BIGFOOT - I'm going to move him up to the Unique Hero section and offer the 'Common Hero' card as an alternative. I will also change his size to 7. Can't wait to fight him.

And I must say again, great job on writing Rel-Warc-Thorn. He's just so cool, and [not to toot my own horn] the look of its card is one of my favorites... the picture of the mini is just so creepy looking, and I like the bright yellow panels [to match the evil eye] for contrast. My favorite of our collaborations, and that's saying a lot 'cause I have had a ball with all of them! He's going to be awesome on a team with Klarion, and quite fitting thematically.

Also, thanks for the Pharaoh's stats... I'm excited about getting cracking on him. If you have any others ready to go, please throw them up; I've got some time this week and weekend to crank out more customs!

- Garada
Old April 1st, 2009, 08:28 PM
C3G Hero

Bigfoot [and the generic Sasquatch common] is now LARGE [7] and in charge!
Old April 4th, 2009, 04:20 PM
C3G Hero

Nick Cave

Hey MH... I'd love to make a crazy, Australian vampire named Nick Cave! The pic of the mini on whitestuff's thread was blocked, what was it called? If you post the stats, I'll crank out the card!

Dang, now I'll have to buy MORE minis! I just got a great deal on Sasquatch and Thorn Crawler minis on ebay... both were Buy It Now deals that had 2 copies of each figure for $1! Woo hoo!
Old April 4th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Captain Underpants

Well, here he is. The Australian cowboy gone vampire. An outlaw from the outback who is so rebellious, that he hunts for the side of good like Blade, Angel and Hellboy. I give you...

--------------------------------------------------------------
NICK “OUTBACK” CAVE

UNDEAD
UNIQUE HERO
HUNTER
REBELLIOUS
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 8
RANGE: 6
ATTACK: 3
DEFENSE: 3

OUTLAW VAMPIRISM
For each wound that Nick Cave inflicts on an Undead or Lycanthrope figure, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Nick Cave attacks, he may attack one additional time.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for Nick Cave’s movement, ignore elevations. Nick Cave may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Nick Cave starts to fly, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Please give me feedback.

Garada, if you think he makes the cut for Hellboy for Heroscape, I was thinking that his Army Card border coloring should be a nice dark brown. Would he fight with the BPRD or against them? I think we'd have to wait and see... never trust a rebellious outlaw vampire.

Last edited by Matt Helm; July 25th, 2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old April 4th, 2009, 11:33 PM
C3G Hero

Re: Matt Helm's Commission a Custom (4/04) Nick "Outback" Ca

Well, so far, I love it. Looks Great.

I'm at a friend's house right now, soon to play Heroscape, but I'm going to start working on him tomorrow.

He'll be a fun addition to the ALLIES section of the Hellboy Universe, alongside The Lobster.

I'm also thrilled to be making another 'good guy'... which means a unique border [with black panels]... so if you have any colour suggestions [from GO's amazing collection], please let me know.

Bon weekend, my friends!

- Garada
[a little buzzed on Guiness right now...]
Old April 4th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Captain Underpants

Do you think the real Nick Cave would be honored?

Let us know which customs your friends chose to play and if the experience was worth it for them.
Old April 5th, 2009, 12:53 AM
C3G Hero

I think the real Nick Cave would think it's cool, especially since he wrote the gritty western 'The Proposition' [set in the Wild West of AUSTRALIA!], plus he has a sorta 'southern gothic' sensibility to his music... especially his early stuff. He also wrote a novel called 'And The Ass Saw The Angel', which is gloomy and brooding; it has been compared to Gabriel Garcia Marquez's '100 Days of Solitude'.

Basically, he's a bit macabre, so it's perfect.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations