Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old October 18th, 2016, 12:20 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

So common squads/figures can't pass over those spaces at all, right?

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old October 18th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
So common squads/figures can't pass over those spaces at all, right?
They can't move through the space, but they can stop movement on the space and start movement again on the next turn. The exception is the Healer (Kelda) glyph. No unwounded figure (e.g., a living squaddie) can step on it.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old October 18th, 2016, 01:30 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Wow, the glyph thing is new to me as well. I guess it hasn't come up too much because we generally don't play with glyphs at my place. I'll have to look that up. Is there a FAQ for it, or is it in one of the rulebooks?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 18th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh, right. Can commons land on/pass over treasure glyphs? I know they can't pick them up but they can occupy the space, right?

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old October 18th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Oh, right. Can commons land on/pass over treasure glyphs? I know they can't pick them up but they can occupy the space, right?
Yes, Commons and even Unique Heroes can pass over and stand on glyphs. Only Unique (and Uncommon) Heroes have the option of attempting to pick them up.
Old October 18th, 2016, 10:48 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Yes, Commons and even Unique Heroes can pass over and stand on glyphs. Only Unique (and Uncommon) Heroes have the option of attempting to pick them up.
*treasure glyphs

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 19th, 2016, 07:31 AM

DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby!

From the FAQ pg 2:
When you step onto a normal power-side up Glyph, you must stop. Are Treasure Glyphs covered under this rule?
No. You may pass directly over a Treasure Glyph without
stopping.
Old October 21st, 2016, 10:26 AM

09167 knows what's in an order marker 09167 knows what's in an order marker

So something that came to mind to me the other day was ways of spicing up a game a little. I havent been on here for a long while but my question is had anyone tried increasing the number of turn markers to change the pace of the game? For instance double of each tirn marker, and each turn you can use two cards. (Maybe as a general rule you cant use the same card twice in the same turn) what do you think? Has anyone tested that out and does it work? I can imagine there may be some bad results with synergies and other specials involving pre movements with other cards.
Old October 21st, 2016, 11:56 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@09167 See the Hextreme Heroscape Spreadsheet (originally by @Bixby ) M/A/MA sreadsheet with rules on additional order makers for larger games. @Draconious also made some rules about 10 years ago and I am sure others have too, but those are probably the best two rulesets someone made.

This is a house rule I play sometimes that changes the pace only slightly and makes it both easier and harder to pre-place order-markers
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Probably already posted here, I know I posted at another thread, but for house games I play that order marker X is a fourth turn in a round that can be played at any time. Makes order placement a little easier such as if you have a hero engaged with one life, you can put the X there and if you win initiative you use him first, but if you loose initiative and get killed, you can save the X to be the last turn that you loose. Also Helpful for cheerleaders such as Kelda and Raelin, as you never know when you need to use them.

Of course, some powers that mention "Order Marker" must be tweaked such as for Spartacus if he were forced to take a turn that would be bad - so we say you can use any hero in place of the X on him (but not the squad too).

Also, we give bonding to some unit that don't have them to make them better. Anubien Wolves with Dumutef Guard. Ninjas Of The Northern Wind with tricky Ninja Heroes, Zettian Guards with Deathwalkers
Old October 21st, 2016, 11:58 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09167 View Post
So something that came to mind to me the other day was ways of spicing up a game a little. I havent been on here for a long while but my question is had anyone tried increasing the number of turn markers to change the pace of the game? For instance double of each tirn marker, and each turn you can use two cards. (Maybe as a general rule you cant use the same card twice in the same turn) what do you think? Has anyone tested that out and does it work? I can imagine there may be some bad results with synergies and other specials involving pre movements with other cards.
I've tried that for similar reasons when I've had huge 6+ people games, and it really creates some issues. It takes a lot longer to decide ORder marker placement before the round starts, and bonding becomes an issue b/c you're taking 2 turns on number 1 and #2 etc. In my opinion it really doesn't speed up the game...but maybe that's just b/c it was a large game...I haven't tried it with just a 1v1 game.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 21st, 2016, 02:23 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I actually think the best time to use multiple sets of order markers is in large POINT games, not large PLAYER games. At 1000+ per army, 2 sets of order makers works really well to keep the entire army moving. Rules as follows:
  • Each player gets 2 sets of order markers and places all 8 before each round.

• Order markers of the same number cannot be placed on the same army card.

• When it is your turn, you reveal EITHER of your #1 order markers and then on your next turn you will reveal the other. Then the #2s, then the #3s, then reset order markers.

It means less initiative rolling and it allows you to kind of steamroll the whole army forward more easily without being tied into SIX preplanned turns since the "use either of the correct number" gives you more flexibility. We've played this for 2000-3000 point armies with success.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!

Last edited by happyjosiah; October 21st, 2016 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Bullets
Old October 21st, 2016, 07:47 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

One house rule we have used is that each player gets OMs numbered 1,2,3,4,X.

Once each GAME each player is allowed to use the 4 instead of the X. This only extends the gameplay a little when you check after round 3 if anybody played a 4. But adds a tough decision about when to use your extra turn to optimize its utility.

I suppose you could extend this idea and give each player two or three '4' markers, each of which may only be used once and then discarded.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's